Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #1

Unhappy Parking brake warning light and beeper

2009 ALLEGRO RED 36 QSA FREIGHTLINER CHASSIS
4 SLIDES VIN 4UZAB2DT49CAM9582

1. PROBLEM: BRAKE LIGHT IS ON WITH AN AUDIBLE BEEPING WHILE DRIVING IN D OR R. LIGHT AND BEEPING ARE MOSTLY CONSTANT ALTHOUGH THEY GO AWAY AT TIMES FOR SHORT PERIODS. OTHER SYMPTOMS:

A. AT THE SAME TIME THAT THE BEEPING AND LIGHT ARE PRESENT, THE DRIVING LIGHTS DO NOT ILLUMINATE. THE HEAD LIGHTS DO ILLUMINATE WHEN SELECTED. AT TIMES THE CAMERA MONITOR WILL GO OUT AS IF POWER WERE REMOVED AND THE DRIVERS MAP LIGHT WILL NOT WORK WHEN THE CAMERA MONITOR IS OUT.
B. PASSENGER SIDE SLIDES PERIODICALLY (NOT ALWAYS) BLOW 2 OF THE 15AMP FUSES AT THE MOTOR FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE COACH.
C. DRIVER SIDE SLIDES PERIODICALLY (NOT ALWAYS) WILL NOT EXTEND, IF I WAIT FOR A FEW MINUTES OR RECYCLE THE KEY TO THE ON POSITION A FEW TIMES, THE SLIDES WILL EXTEND AS NORMAL.
D. WHEN THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL IS ENGAGED, THE MONITOR WILL QUICKLY CYCLE FROM LEFT TO REAR VIEW AND THE LEFT RUNNING LIGHT WILL CYCLE ON AND OFF IN RHYTHM TO THE TURN SIGNAL CYCLE.

2. FIXES SO FAR: THE BRAKE PRESSURE SWITCH HAS BEEN REPLACED UNDER THE LEFT HAND CONSOLE IN THE COACH WITH NO AFFECT. THE SOLENOID IN THE POWER COMPARTMENT IN THE FRONT OF THE COACH ON THE DRIVERS SIDE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH NO AFFECT.
3. Additional fix consists of replacing the HDLP MKR PANEL CONTROL Module in the dash PN 06-67947-000 with no affect.
any trouble shooting tips would be greatly appreciated.
rayjay7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 06:53 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
You've got a number of power related problems. Have you checked both your chassis and house batteries, making sure both sets are fully charged, and have clean connections to power and ground cables?

Are you running your motor, when moving the slides in or out?
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
First off, TURN OFF THE CAPS! Thank you.

Any history on this coach? I'm assuming you are not the original owner. You can call Red Bay with the VIN# and see if the coach was ever back in Red Bay for repairs.

I think I would start with the all of the interlocks - these are the emergency brake switch/valve and the ignition switch. Since you have had the emergency brake switch replaced, it is time to start on the ignition switch itself and any control module that is attached to that harness. Freightliner has a number of these modules that are attached to the firewall, installed in the electrical bay under the driver's seat, and in the electrical bay on the passenger side (with the start batteries). It sounds like you need a good Freightliner mechanic that is very familiar with the electrical systems. Electrical is never inexpensive.

However, you can do a little troubleshooting by wiggling the wires and key on the ignition switch and seeing if you can get any of the symptoms to occur. Replacing an ignition switch would not be too bad. You can also check all grounds by removing the wire and making sure that there is no rust or other "stuff" between the ground and the chassis.

Good luck this doesn't sound easy. You may also want to visit the Tiffin RV Network website and discuss with other Tiffin owners. Maybe someone has had a similar problem.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:40 PM   #4

Parking brake warning light and beeper

I am the original owner, bought it new. It has been to RB in August and I was sent out to the local Freightliner dealer who changed the pressure switch under the drivers dash. It worked for about 10 miles before the beep and light returned. I have checked every connection and ground I can find and also looked for loose or broken wires. RB does not really want to deal with older coaches much any more thus the changes they have made to extended warranty work and staying with your coach if it is older than 4 years old for repair.

I am going to make an appointment to the Freightliner facility up in South Carolina to get it fixed and no, it wont be inexpensive. Harleys cost $100 a visit no matter how small, RV's cost $1000 a visit no matter how small. But I love it.

Thanks for the responses.
rayjay7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:10 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Red Bay is fine with older coaches, it's the extended warranty companies that they have had problems with. Slow to approve and slow to pay - Tiffin can't afford to tie up service bays dealing with those companies. If your extended warranty company will accept an estimate and send you the check after you have paid Tiffin, then no problems.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am certainly no expert but all those symptoms sure look like ground or connection problems...have you checked the connections in your 12 volt panel. Recently we had radio/ windshield/ map lights go out along with the steep cover...bad connections at the 12 volt panels
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, light