Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Problem with Drivers side front slide

We just purchased a 2011 Phaeton 40 QBH a week and a half ago. When we try to bring in the drivers side front slide it will not move and we get a low voltage message on the dash display. The other three slides retract with no problems. We start the engine and after several minutes, the slide can be retracted fine. Any suggestions as to the problem or is it something we are not doing correctly?

Tom
2011 Phaeton QBH
2011 Jeep Liberty
tbussche is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Coach Batteries Low first thought. You may have a battery with a dead cell or going bad. Or it may just need a good charge and check the water. Use Distilled
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #3

you should always start your engine when you move your slide in or out
to make shure it has enought voltage. low voltage can cause you
problems, plus it also uses hdy pump . it will move small slides with out
starting, save your self uneeded probems, start your engine
weldo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
True,,, I always have the motor running when moving the slides.

Low voltage is the cause of electrical/electronics damage more often than high voltage.

Low voltage is like trying to move a 1000 pounds with a mouse when you needed a horse. You're over stressing the device with low voltage.
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman_777 View Post
True,,, I always have the motor running when moving the slides.
The slides on my Allegro Bus won't move if the key is on. Key must be on for the levelers though. Just sayin'.
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:08 AM   #6
paz

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgarc View Post
The slides on my Allegro Bus won't move if the key is on. Key must be on for the levelers though. Just sayin'.
Same with our Allegro Bay. They don't want you to be able to activate the slides while going down the road.

Jacks have to have key on AND parking brake on. The requirement to have the parking brake on is the safeguard against activating the jacks while driving.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 04:39 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I would check the connections to the motors. Low battery can cause that sort of thing too. On your model you should have two hydraulic slides and two electric slides. I'm not sure which is which on your coach model.

You should be able to move all your slides with or without the engine running when on shore power, but it usually works better if you have solid voltage to the slide or hydraulic motors. Some are touchy but usually it's the jacks that need to see proper voltage at the control module and often one needs to have the alternator on line to provide proper voltage especially if the chassis batteries are a bit low...

I can move all of my slides with or without shore power and with or without the engine running. I do have to have the parking brake on AND the key must be in the run position at the ignition switch or there is no power to the relays from the slide switches.

YMMV
Old 10-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
2011 RED owners manual says use Jacks with key in ACC and slides with key in ON. Engine is not running for either actions. Is everyone's coach model different or is no one reading the manual?
jimyrawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #9

I have a QBH and the key has to be on to move forward slides. I have never had the engine running to move that slide. Check your Batt. and the connections. That slide uses more amps than the others do.
Lault is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide