RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2020, 05:38 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Process paid / Discounts from MSRP-RED 37PA

I am looking at purchasing a 2021 RED 37 PA. I realize that the discounts from MSRP are a lot less than the Pre-Covid period (due to supply vs demand), but am trying to research what a reasonable / fair discount % is

Thanks in advance for any information
kmeinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Welcome to the forum.

Have you looked at the big three; Sherman in MS, Ingram AL and Davis TN for pricing. On an ordered coach you should get 28-29% discount with no haggling.

You are joining a good group of folks here with good information to share. Read the various threads here and ask questions as they come up and add information if you can.

Good luck and enjoy the adventure!
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 04:53 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the Welcome and for the reply.

I have been quoted a discount close to that and am trying to balance the benefits of buying locally than from someone several hundred miles away
Old 09-29-2020, 05:40 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmeinke View Post
Thanks for the Welcome and for the reply.

I have been quoted a discount close to that and am trying to balance the benefits of buying locally than from someone several hundred miles away
I believe that dealerships will make far more return on their MH sale to you over the life of your ownership from the servicing of it, not the sale itself. As an analogy, consider your MH the razor and your yearly servicing the razor blade. If you negotiate by establishing that as the prominent value stream that it is, you have a chance of getting some incremental $'s off the purchase price. But local servicing needs to mean something tangible to you, and if it does, you need to establish that with the person you're negotiating with. That's a real potential win-win if you present that argument well.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 07:03 AM   #5

I suggest you read the book "Getting to Yes". It is a very short read. It does an excellent job of helping you negotiate the best long term deal - assuming you would ever use the dealer to support your purchase.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:32 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
just be aware that many local dealers will not work on coaches purchased elsewhere or if they do you will wait a long time.
Old 09-29-2020, 09:52 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I am looking at purchasing a 2021 RED 37 PA. I realize that the discounts from MSRP are a lot less than the Pre-Covid period (due to supply vs demand), but am trying to research what a reasonable / fair discount % is

Thanks in advance for any information
Since you are close to me, could you say who you got a quote from who was close to the 28-29% off msrp? In dealing with the Tiffin dealer just south from you, near GSP airport, they were $17K more than Davis and $10K more than Ingram on an Open Road 34 PA. and ZERO followup offer. ( btw, Davis was $10 K less than Ingram on trade value ) I agree that getting a great deal is harder now but 20% off msrp and not offering to negotiate further shows how they feel about the customer right now. They have 20 Tiffin DP's on order so I guess the profit margin is favorable .
I am also considering a 37 PA but have not priced one out yet, looking at 1-3 year old used units also.
Tom & Kay +KAISER--Miniature Schnauzer// TIFFIN model ?? (decisions, decisions) -2013 Bounder Classic 34M, Tireminder A1A / CHF f+r / 5-STAR / 2002 Jeep Wrangler 1985 Mobile Traveler M-260RDB/ 1993 SOUTHWIND 30E/ 2009 COUGAR 29RKS 5ver
SimRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
To Sim-Racer

I am new to this forum. If there is a way to private message me, I would be glad to share dealer specifics-No problem at

Also, I did not say I got a quote of 28-29%. That was a reply from momdoc. Mine is more in the 24-25% range.

The local % is within $1K of Ingram and Sherman
Old 09-29-2020, 03:01 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
The local % is within $1K of Ingram and Sherman
If you are getting a local quote that close to the big dealers I would go with it in my opinion. Having a local dealer you purchased from would be a great asset if their service reputation is decent.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 03:19 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with Lt. Dan. If you can come within a $1k or 2k it might be worth it. The closest dealer to me was over $15k off so we were forced to drive to MS.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 06:34 AM   #11

just a suggestion...
check bottom line...
considering lt. dan's comment... i agree..

-- assuming all other things are equal--
something i found is common are "add-ons" by the dealership in the finance office...
such as
1.. doc. fees -
2.. delivery charges
3.. Pre delivery inspection charges
4.. pre delivery maintenace updates
5.. paint sealants
6.. interior protection packages
and others...

the big 3 have -0- add ons..
so just make sure it is only a 1000 difference.
i have bought from 2 of the big 3... their financial dealings were "straight up" at both dealerships... no shenanigans...

one more suggestion...
sounds like you got an offer of ?%25? off...
would the deal be worth driving distance if the price were 28% off...??? if that is not enough savings and cost offsets then stop and buy.. local.
but if 3% of retail additional discount is worth the drive, then test the water.

calculate what 28% off would be in dollars and cents. call your salesman and say. "i am ready to order... i hear good stuff about your dealership..
i would like to offer you $xyz,abc.00 for your coach."

congratulations! enjoy the process..
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with Rockriver to check on what has your dealer added on to the price.
We had NO ADD ONS with our purchase from Sherman and this also included a 2 day PDI as well as 3 nights (more if we wanted) camping with full hookups on their property to make sure everything was working. We also did not sign or pay till ALL was taken care of (after our 3 day stay).

Add ons can add thousands of $$$$ to your purchase price. Ask you dealer if that price is a drive off price (not including YOUR state's taxes).

Good luck
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 AM   #13

Kings Campers in WI will match the big three also.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Can anyone provide preferred salesmen and contact info for Davis and Ingram? Iíve always dealt with Andy at Sherman. We are thinking of a Phaeton 40QBH with a fall order.
pacwest is offline   Reply With Quote