Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Proper tire pressure for 2021 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but the more I read the more I am confused. How do I determine the proper tire pressure for my 2021 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH. Michelin tires. I have seen several different discussions on this and they are all different. I am leaving on my first long trip and want to make sure I have this correct. Thanks.
fcurci is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2021, 12:24 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
It's really quite simple, but some of the conversations here make it seem harder than it is.

Load your rig for camping - water, clothes, people etc. You want it to be at the heaviest weight that you're likely to be driving it.
Take it to the nearest CAT scale, if you're a country kid the nearest grain elevator or maybe feed store, and weigh it.
Look up the weight tables for your tires, in the tables find the weight range for your front and rear axles, inflate the tires to what it says in the tables.

Many of us add 5% or 10% to the per axle weight and look up that value in the tables, to allow for difference in left/right loading, because it's a fairly safe bet that you've got more weight on one side than on another.

Until you can get it weighed, inflate the tires to what is says on the yellow sticker that should be on the wall next to the driver's seat.

Only check or air up the tires in the morning before you start to drive. While you drive the tires will warm up and the pressure will come up, that's normal and expected - don't worry about it.
Old 12-05-2021, 12:26 PM   #3

You never going wrong by using the max pressure usually posted inside your door frame. If not, go to the Michelin website and download the pressure chart for your size tires. It will tell you the pressure to use based upon your weight per axle or individual tire. You Will have to go to the appropriate facility to get weighed but as a minimum you will need a weight per axle. The chart will then give you the recommended minimum pressure per tire. That said some folks are going to swear by getting individual tire weights but to me that’s like chasing the wind because ever time you relocate something in the coach, you weight will change. Trust this helps and safe travels.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:20 PM   #4

Proper tire inflation is not complicated although some like to make it so.

#1. Until you have axle weights when loaded for travel, use the pressures listed on the placard near the drivers seat. This is the easiest and a very safe way to travel.

#2 When you have the axle weights, go to Michelin's load inflation table, (below) locate your tire and size, add 5% to your axle weight and find the "minimum" pressure needed. Never start out in the morning below that pressure. Many add 5-10 psi for convenience.

https://www.michelinrvtires.com/refe...tion-tables/#/
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:01 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi We have a 2021 35CP. After weighing coach ( fully loaded) we run 100 lbs. in the fronts and 95 lbs. in the rears. When we picked up the coach, each tire had 115 lbs. That over inflation made the coach ride very hard. When possible, have the coach "4 corner" weighed, but until then a Cat scale will be the best thing. Stan

2021 Tiffin Allegro Bus 35cp, 2014 Cadillac SRX toad
36PFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Good Day Frank,
If you're any where near Lake Havasu Arizona get in contact with Tom at Weigh To Go, 916-217-9416, and/or getweighed@weightogollc.com. He does Computerized Coach Weighting or you can go to their website WEIGHTOGOLLC.COM

Tags
phaeton, tiffin, tire, tire pressure