Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
pulled trigger

Hi People,
Moving over from thor workhorse forum.Going from 2011 Damon Daybreak 3211 to a 2013 Allegro 36LA.It has just about every option I can think of.We pick it up on Wednesday.It has only 4100 miles but the Gen has 523 hrs.Does anyone think I need to service it also it has a 4 door frig but,I don't think it is a residential one.If anyone will chime in I would really appreciate your in put. Semper FI. Safe Travels and keep on Traveling.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:07 PM   #2

I had my gen. serviced at Tiffin Rally in Orlando, FL back in March by Onan/Cummins rep. - my gen. had 256 hrs on it and he changed oil and oil filter only. He said at 450 hrs change oil, oil filter and air filter. If you don't know when your gen. was serviced, it sounds like you should have a full service done. The 36LA is a really nice MH with the bath and a half. Have fun. Dave
Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #3

I service my generator every 100 hours. 2 quarts of oil and a filter is not very expensive but a new generator is. You will like your 36 LA, we love the floor plan, huge basement storage, and the bath and a half.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #4

First, good choice on the MH.
Second: Unless you have, or can get, the maintenance records on the coach and generator I would schedule an annual maintenance relatively soon. It gives you some peace of mind and a base to schedule maintenance going forward.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #5

Having the entire coach serviced including the generator would be an absolute requirement from the dealership included in the sales agreement.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
At two years, Cummins suggests changing/flushing the coolant including replacing the radiator cap. I believe the fuel filter should be changed as well. When changing the oil, don't forget the spark arrester. If you've never done one, there is a how-to on you tube.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
dogs162910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:57 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Thanks guys for you info.I think I will service the gen. myself.I have done all the maint. on all my vehicles and also on the Daybreak.I just don't trust the shops.I have about 20 items on my check list to check when we go close the deal on Wednesday.I know I pointed out things to the salesman to repair before I close the deal.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Another question I have for you Guru's is how can I get what looked like mildew off of the awning and is the awning fabric canvas or vinyl? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #9

Who is your frig manufacturer? If Norcold or Dometic, it will have the electric/propane operation. If Whirlpool or Samsung, for example, it is probably an all electric.
JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 10:03 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

JimHB,
I am not really sure yet.I pick it up on Wednesday and you know you hardly can't always trust what the salesman tells you.I don't.Thank you for your reply.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Will here goes.We just got the 2013 Allegro home after spending all day yesterday,last night and all day today trying to get the ice maker to make ice and trying to get the roof satellite to work.The water supply line had melted up close to the coils and had closed shut so they had to replace the line and I am still not sure it is working right because it has been 5hrs and hasn't dumped the first cube and the roof windguard just picks up 119.Any suggestions.The frig is a Dometic 4 door LP and elect also the living room slide is making dents in the tile when in the closed position,your help would be appreciated.

Tags
led