Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 09:48 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv05busdrive View Post
So what you all are saying is there is no device in the fill tubes or tank that would limit me from pumping it out.

None in mine. I pushed a 1 inch suction line down the fill pipe several times with no problem. My pipe looked like a large long radiator hose clamped at the tank and filler neck.

Another thought, this would be a good time to pull the plug and drain any water or sediment out of the bottom of the tank. Mine was crusted over with black scale that prevented any diesel from draining. I thought it was some kind of seal or something. Poking with a screw driver broke it loose and it flowed out with the last bit of fuel.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 12:15 PM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
An easy way to check run a hose into the fuel inlet if you can reach diesel you can pump
The only problem with doing that is I have diesel in the fill tubes so putting anything in there will show diesel.
rv05busdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
When I started to read this thread, I thought you had algae/bacteria in your tank...........,when thinking of the big picture and the money you are spending on your upgrade.........is it worth messing with? the tank is low so to speak, so unless you can get the Coach parked so that you can locate the drums lower than the Bottom of the tank, siphoning is out........So now you are going to have to get a pump and see if you can pump it out........one slip/spill, everything stinks How are you going to get it into the new ride......maybe the same small pump If it were me, say goodbye to the old(full tank) and Hello to the new(full tank?). If you can get some kind of a pump, a long 1" hose to reach the bottom of the tank(or 3/4) you should be able to pump it out.......Good luck
Well the problem with forgetting about it is the cost of fuel in the tank is over $400. I have been known to do more for less. I will not take it all out for sure but want to recover at lease 75 gals. I have Gerry cans for 35 gals and if it works I can park the new unit next to the old and pump it out to fill up the new since it only holds 100 gals anyway assuming it is empty which it will not be.
I surely don't want to create a mess and as someone said remove the plug on the bottom of the tank which would create a huge mess. Would have to have hazmat standing by so that is NOT even an option.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Go for a short camping trip and burn it up.
I would love to but at the moment we have 14 inches of snow on and around the RV
Old 02-26-2015, 01:01 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Park the motorhomes' fuel doors next to each other and use this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QSPU0NS?psc=1
Bigdsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:02 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rv05busdrive View Post
Well the problem with forgetting about it is the cost of fuel in the tank is over $400. I have been known to do more for less. I will not take it all out for sure but want to recover at lease 75 gals. I have Gerry cans for 35 gals and if it works I can park the new unit next to the old and pump it out to fill up the new since it only holds 100 gals anyway assuming it is empty which it will not be.
I surely don't want to create a mess and as someone said remove the plug on the bottom of the tank which would create a huge mess. Would have to have hazmat standing by so that is NOT even an option.

I should have been more clear. Pull the plug after you have emptied the tank is what was intended. This should result in less than a gallon or two of fuel and sediment.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
diesel