Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #1

Rear heat problem?

Hi all, I have a 2006 allegro 28 foot it has two a/c and two furnace switches one for the front and another in the bedroom for the rear. Both are on the thermostats. When I set the front one on heat and slide the temp up it triggers the fan on and the furnace starts, when I turn the rear one on and slide the temp up I hear the click near the A/C but nothing else happens...... No fan turns on and no heater noises. I was to understand that the rear heat is the one that heats the water tanks but I'm not sure, also not sure if it's working properly. Any help will be awesome. Thanks.
Smsudad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #2

SMSUDAD... you handi with an OHMMETER? If you are for the most part you can diagnosis or eliminate many of the gas heat system issues an RV might have. This leads to either adjustment or parts swapping. Often getting to the issue is harder than diagnosing it. If you are ready I will indeed release the simple YOU TUBE RV Furnace diagnosis and troubleshoot videos. You must be the Allegro expert and locate your hardware since I am not familiar with your model.
Gocoffeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

Gocoffeer, Thanks. Yes I would be delighted to find the issue, I have ohm meter in hand.
Smsudad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #4

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not sure what your set up is? Your rear ducted roof A/C should just be A/C only. Your front A/C had an option of heat pump so maybe both A/C and Ducted heat. I don't think Tiffin supplied dual heat pumps in the 2006 DA. Also I would only expect one propane furnace which is floor ducted and supplies heat to the holding tanks. Thats the way it is on my 30DA. YMMV.
Volunteers USFWS. 9,300 hrs each, 29 refuges. 04 Allegro 30DA, WH 8.1, Banks, 2012 Jeep Liberty , Brake Buddy Adv Select, 300watts Solar, "Philippians 4:11-13 KJV"
Rocky Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #5

SMSUDAD....here is a nice video for the start of this adventure. I will add more to your review throughout the day.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #6

SMSUDAD...here is a model I am familiar with.... notice a common thought between both videos...corrosion and decay in the wire harness connector. When I worked on my furnace this is where i found my issue.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I believe you only have a single furnace. You rear thermostat is for cooling only. Take a walk around your coach and see if you can find a second furnace - I believe you are only going to find the one.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Not in answer to your inquiry, but helpful nevertheless to those who have not not yet discovered it:

The t'stat operation is well-known to trigger the furnace operation [even if you selected the heat pump mode] because if you choose a desired temp setting in excess of 3-5 degrees above the current temp, it will call for the furnace to operate in an effort to hurry-up the comfort heat level. Once the furnace reaches the desired temp, it will allow the heat-pump to maintain your setting. You can avoid triggering the furnace by stair-stepping the temp setting by 3 degrees at a time.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #9

We have a 07 35 ft and it has 2 a/c's front with a heat pump and 1 lp furnace. The rear t-stat does have a heat setting but does nothing as there is no heat for it to control.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
jeepfreak, on your 34 foot coach...doesn't your rear heat setting control the heating cycle of the bedroom heat-pump? Even if there is no 2nd furnace unit, you should still have rear bedroom heating method via the heat-pump on the roof. I can see the shorter 28 foot coach having only one heat-pump; but your length should have both rooftops as heat-pumps.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #11

My coach came with only one heat pump and it's the front unit , the bedroom unit is a/c only.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 AM   #12

heat pumps

Hello,
I was looking for something to resolve my heat pump problem when I ran across this topic. I have a 2003 37DB Allegro Bay. It has one thermostat that controls the front and rear heat pumps and "both LP furnaces". Although there is only one thermostat it does control everything. I can only presume the sensor for the bedroom is located somewhere in the bedroom. The comments above about the furnace coming on when heat pump is selected may have answered my question as I set it for heat pump and the furnace came on. Now I will set the temps closer to the inside temp to see if the heat pump comes on. Hope this helps others.

Herb
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:05 PM   #13

Heat Pump

Well, I contacted Dometic and they sent me a manual. If the thermostat senses too much of a differential between what the inside temperature is and what the thermostat is calling for the LP furnace will come on first to bring the temp within range so the heat pump can handle it. All in the thermostat. Quite a setup. I was surprised when this happened on my rig but it is normal. Hope this helps.

Herb
herbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:47 PM   #14

When you want to use your heat pump, check your interior temperature and then add no more than about 4 degrees to that number. Now set your upper limit set temperature on your thermostat and it should work perfectly every time when you turn your heat pump on. When your room temperature has reached the set point temperature and your heat pump shuts off, do the same thing again. Note your existing temperature and add another 4 degrees again to your your new set point temperature. Works for me.
sbranen is offline   Reply With Quote