Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2021, 12:11 PM   #1

RED 340 Spyder panels

Just a heads up to RED340 owners.

The other "spyder" panels (bath, front door and bed area)in the coach (not the main touch panel) are powered by a coin cell battery. They are NOT connected to the normal coach 12v system.

So if you have a panel problem, try a new battery (CR2032). The panel face just snaps onto a carrier attached to the wall.

There is no mention of this in the owners manual

David
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2021, 05:47 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Very interesting........I would have never known this. Not an issue yet, but it sounds like a 100% chance it will be. Did you receive any kind of warning that the battery was low? Doubtful, but curious.

Tom
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #3

This tidbit of information came from Tiffin, after I asked why I couldn’t turn the panel backlights on like other owners seemed to be able to. I then pulled a panel off the wall to verify the information as I couldn’t believe it had a battery…sure enough it does and no wires connected to it. The panels are connected by RF.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Interesting you did not know.

When we had our walk through with LaMesa RV (Phoenix) this was explained and the tech pulled a couple of panels and showed us the battery (i.e. slide control at drivers seat and control by the kitchen). We took possession in September 2020 of our 2021 340. The walk thru was very informative. We traded a Class A gasser for the new diesel, so he concentrated on the differences, E.G., spider controls, DEF, AquaGo, starting the diesel, and diesel generator, etc. We had bought the gasser from them in 2014. We also specifically requested a Powerglide Chassis when we ordered the 340 in July 2020, which we received. I have read posts on this board that say 340's are ONLY available with Freightliner chassis. As long as Tiffin had them available, PowerGlides are/were available.
AZCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 05:04 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
".....tech pulled a couple of panels and showed us the battery (i.e. slide control at drivers seat and control by the kitchen)"

Good morning. Are you saying the slide switch on the driver seat and Spyder panel in the kitchen also have batteries to replace? Just want to make sure I understood.

Thanks
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 06:14 AM   #6

The slide switch on the driver and passenger seats also have a battery. The main spider touch panel across from the refrigerator is wired to coach power.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaugh10 View Post
The slide switch on the driver and passenger seats also have a battery. The main spider touch panel across from the refrigerator is wired to coach power.
I should say that this is true in my 2020 model, might not be true in another year’s model.

Tags
panel