Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #15
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
What Ted meant to say is ROLL TIDE, which is the fight call for the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 10:09 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
.???
Roll Tide is the slogan for the Alabama football team, known as the Crimson Tide.

As very well articulated by everyone above, Red Bay is full of Southern hospitality and some of the nicest down-to-earth people you will ever meet.

Sadly there are still idiots around, but we didn't meet any of them in Red Bay. Be polite and civil, and you will be treated likewise. FYI, the food at the Mason Jar and the 4th St. Grill is quite good.

Happy RVing!
Old 07-20-2018, 10:25 AM   #17

Tiffin Owners Club
As a minority RVer, I will echo all the positive comments. Also as mentioned by Skypilot, they do sometimes sound like they have their own language in Red Bay, but don't we all? I think I've been to Red Bay about 6 or 7 times since purchasing our first Phaeton in December 2013, and have really come to enjoy the comradery of everyone there. Norris and I will joke like we grew up next to each other (Norris is the person who will get you parked after you check-in, and go over the requested repairs with you).
DeWat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:59 AM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
As a minority RVer, I will echo all the positive comments. Also as mentioned by Skypilot, they do sometimes sound like they have their own language in Red Bay, but don't we all? I think I've been to Red Bay about 6 or 7 times since purchasing our first Phaeton in December 2013, and have really come to enjoy the comradery of everyone there. Norris and I will joke like we grew up next to each other (Norris is the person who will get you parked after you check-in, and go over the requested repairs with you).
Dewey, whereabouts in So. MD? PM me if you wish.

Us too.....! :-)
Old 07-21-2018, 09:49 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks again for the responses. The decision time is a ways off yet. in the meantime, I hope to enjoy my Forester, but if I ever get to upgrade, the 32SA is at the top of the list.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Thanks again for the responses. The decision time is a ways off yet. in the meantime, I hope to enjoy my Forester, but if I ever get to upgrade, the 32SA is at the top of the list.
I think you'll find that your concerns, while I can understand why you would have them, are greatly overblown and out of touch with reality. I know the northern/coastal papers and national media portray the south as a huge swath of territory filled with angry, intolerant, racist people, but it simply isn't true.

There are ignorant and intolerant people (whether intolerant of race, religion, etc.) in every state and city in the US, and other countries, but I hope you get the opportunity to experience the real south, not the caricature that we are portrayed as by people that rarely if ever step foot in the south, but unfortunately have powerful megaphones to cast their dispersions.

In the meantime, enjoy your FR, and if you get a Tiffin, I can say that my brother in laws experience with Bob Tiffin and Red Bay (where he's made MANY visits) echos what others have said in here. Even with an astonishing number of manufacturing problems on their '12 Phaeton, they just bought an '18 last fall, because of how impressed they are with Bob Tiffin and Red Bay.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:24 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
I think you'll find that your concerns, while I can understand why you would have them, are greatly overblown and out of touch with reality. I know the northern/coastal papers and national media portray the south as a huge swath of territory filled with angry, intolerant, racist people, but it simply isn't true.

There are ignorant and intolerant people (whether intolerant of race, religion, etc.) in every state and city in the US, and other countries, but I hope you get the opportunity to experience the real south, not the caricature that we are portrayed as by people that rarely if ever step foot in the south, but unfortunately have powerful megaphones to cast their dispersions.

In the meantime, enjoy your FR, and if you get a Tiffin, I can say that my brother in laws experience with Bob Tiffin and Red Bay (where he's made MANY visits) echos what others have said in here. Even with an astonishing number of manufacturing problems on their '12 Phaeton, they just bought an '18 last fall, because of how impressed they are with Bob Tiffin and Red Bay.
Well said tnedator. Racism/discrimination is not a southern thing. It's a mind set, and unfortunately those people with that mind set are in every city and state of this country.

I've just started my research into the Tiffin brand for our first coach and so far I've been very impressed with the feedback owners give about the tiffin brand, company, and owners.
ritchieg1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:49 AM   #22

minority where i live

being a minority changes.
i am a minority where i live. i get along with the majority.
there is a group of majority that have publicly proclaimed their evil intents for folks that look like me. in this area.

i try to just leave them alone. but i stay aware.
the big city near me is primarily majority... there are large areas of that county that i choose not to go. i have, and immediately police appeared wanting to know why i was there. and i explained that i was there on business and explained why and where... they were kind enough to follow me to the location.

i have traveled a little and in the northern parts of the u.s. i made a wrong turn and realized that i was in the wrong area. i have watched the anger and evil on tv that come from the majority in certain parts of very large towns. someone above called them idiots... it's a worse word than idiot..

i think i know some of the causes...but nothing i can fix on the large scale. the word situational awareness comes to mind for personal actions and plans.

i love my 32sa. i hope you get one.
GO DAWGS

rr
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote