Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2021, 05:21 PM   #1

Red Bay service

We are planning a trip to Red Bay for some body work, the question I have is, what if the repair work is longer than one day, do we get the coach back at night? We would have a pet with us, is the a place for her. Are we allow in the service area? We have never been there before, so this is new to us. Thanks for any information.
rlavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2021, 06:41 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Once it’s clean and masked and prepped they aren’t going to want it outside overnight. Mine was in the paint shop at Newmar for four days (over a weekend thought) and I rented a car and went to a nice hotel, with my dog. I guess it just depends on how much paint work there is, but I think it’s safe to assume it will be unavailable a couple days.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:04 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you having Tiffin do the work at the service center or are you using one of the many other body shops in the area with Bruce Deaton being top notch and probably better than Tiffin or any of the rest. If you use Bruce, he has a 5 site RV park next to his facility where you move back and forth every day until they get the unit ready for painting and then he will let you stay in the coach in the shop at night until finished. A reservation will be necessary and quite far in advance usually.
accsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 12:04 PM   #4

Since you have a 2016 Tiffin, according to your profile, you will not get any paint work done at the Tiffin Service Center. They now only do in warranty paint repairs. So as previously stated you will need an appointment at one of the local body shops for your work. There are several and all do good work with Custom Paint & Auto Body, 256-356-5695, being probably the best but booked months and months in advance. Others in the area are:
Banner RV Paint & Auto 662-213-8607
Daniel McKinney Paint & Body 256-460-9441
Double B RV Paint & Body 662-279-3181 or 256-412-0853
Raper RV Paint & Body 256-668-6070
Red Bay Body Shop 256-356-9320
Wright's Body & RV 256-810-0763
Old 04-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to gordons1
Bruce in the Best....we r fortunate to have his talents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accsys View Post
Are you having Tiffin do the work at the service center or are you using one of the many other body shops in the area with Bruce Deaton being top notch and probably better than Tiffin or any of the rest. If you use Bruce, he has a 5 site RV park next to his facility where you move back and forth every day until they get the unit ready for painting and then he will let you stay in the coach in the shop at night until finished. A reservation will be necessary and quite far in advance usually.
Agree - Bruce has a first class paint shop with hookups.....his wife is the manager
and will accommodate you....Tiffin sends him their serious paint problems!
gordons1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 05:13 PM   #6

We have some custom paint work scheduled with Eric Raper in about 6 weeks. He has reputation for excellent work.
B52Rnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:16 AM   #7

Thanks everyone for the valuable information. I actually ended up calling Bob Tiffin himself. I explained my situation, he immediately said that he would take care of it. He himself called a local shop to speak with that owner. I waited about an hour and called the shop myself, Aaron answered and said that Bob told him Id be calling. Says a lot about a Mr Tiffin and the Tiffin standards.
rlavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:36 AM   #8

Hello All! Road Trip Coming!
We have that same question. Being new to the Tiffin Owners group we are not sure what to expect when we get to Red Bay. We will be arriving there from Oregon in the beginning of August for some warranty work. I have looked at the Tiffin forum but don't see all the answers. We have join the Tiffin FaceBook Roll Call group hopefully they will help.
Do you get to use your coach when they are not working on it?
Can you sleep over-nite in your coach?
Should you make reservations at a park until they call your name?
Is your campsite at the factory reserved if you leave to explore Red Bay?
If there is a post that already list all these answers let us know.
I will also call Tiffin Motorhomes and ask them about this too.

Happy Travels
J&R Going n Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R Going n Style View Post
We have that same question. Being new to the Tiffin Owners group we are not sure what to expect when we get to Red Bay. We will be arriving there from Oregon in the beginning of August for some warranty work. I have looked at the Tiffin forum but don't see all the answers. We have join the Tiffin FaceBook Roll Call group hopefully they will help.
Do you get to use your coach when they are not working on it? Yes when the coach is not in a Tiffin service bay you are able to use it, as long as it is in operating condition.
Can you sleep over-nite in your coach? Yes, When it's not in the bay it is yours to use.
Should you make reservations at a park until they call your name? Only the new Red Bay RV Park takes reservations all other RV parks in Red Bay are first come/ self serve no attendants.
Is your campsite at the factory reserved if you leave to explore Red Bay? If you stay at the Tiffin Service Center your site is reserved.

Happy Travels

Old 04-10-2021, 10:50 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Joe

If your repairs take more than a day it is normal to pick up your coach about 3:30 each afternoon. Then back first thing 7am to start the process all over. No charge to stay in the Tiffin service camp ground. You may have to wait a day or two before you get into a bay but if there is an open spot in their campground you can stay there while you wait and while service is performed.

They have a hospitality place downtown that serves a reasonably priced breakfast and lunch. When we were there last October you could not stay in the coach while they worked on it, unlike pre Covid when you could.

All the techs are top notch!! Jeff
jkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 08:54 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
good questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R Going n Style View Post
Do you get to use your coach when they are not working on it?
Can you sleep over-nite in your coach?
Should you make reservations at a park until they call your name?
Is your campsite at the factory reserved if you leave to explore Red Bay?

Happy Travels

I encourage you to call the Campground Office (256-356-2769) and get their views - they should have answers to most of your questions!
Old 04-11-2021, 08:57 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
From time to time the procedures change and the campground office folks should have the latest info that addresses your concerns. Remember, there are hundreds of Tiffin Owners going their every week - especially at peak season - to deal with issues very similar to yours. Tiffin Servicehas a good routine that has improved over the years.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:35 AM   #13

I will give them a call.
Thanks for the Info greatly appreciated

Happy Travels
J&R Going n Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:37 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Hospitality Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkorn View Post
Joe

If your repairs take more than a day it is normal to pick up your coach about 3:30 each afternoon. Then back first thing 7am to start the process all over. No charge to stay in the Tiffin service camp ground. You may have to wait a day or two before you get into a bay but if there is an open spot in their campground you can stay there while you wait and while service is performed.

They have a hospitality place downtown that serves a reasonably priced breakfast and lunch. When we were there last October you could not stay in the coach while they worked on it, unlike pre Covid when you could.

All the techs are top notch!! Jeff

I returned from Red Bay last week. The restaurant no longer serves food since Tiffin bought it last year, but may do so some time in the future. Free coffee and some snacks are available and it is a comfortable place to wait while getting MH serviced. Excellent internet access. Wait times were 7 to 10 days to get into a service bay when we arrived on Mar 24. You can no longer stay in your coach while it is being serviced. You bring it to the assigned service bay by 7AM and is returned to you by 3PM daily.
Good luck
Kjon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service