Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2022, 08:19 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
RED dryer vent

Does anyone know where the dryer vents on a 2019 RED 33AA, there is not a side vent and was told by the dealer that it vents somewhere on the roof?
Flyerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2022, 10:54 AM   #2

Looking at photos of several 33aa models listed on rv trader, all have the dryer vent on the rear cap. It’s located behind the ladder, so a little less obvious as a result. That’s consistent with other Tiffins in that the vent is directly behind the dryer. Photo stolen from some random rvtrader advert below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A63A2049-DBC7-4576-8061-DB40DFBB0FF6.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	382290
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I just looked at a 2019 33AA on RV Trader and has installed washer, dryer but I don't see a vent on the back, very strange.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6386f137b5f48b0e3f262ce0.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	382309  
Old 12-07-2022, 01:38 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
My 2018 33AA has the dryer vent on the back cap behind the ladder as shown in the pic Shawdow5501 posted. It's directly behind the dryer. My guess is that picture posted from the RVT ad is either a stock photo or the MH doesn't really have W/D installed.

Safe travels,
NMBluept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:00 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Oh well, I guess I will try to call TIffin, don't know if this is allowed but this is the link of the one I was looking at: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...+AA-5023987209 I had my dealer install a washer and dryer and I ask where the vent was, they said it vented out the roof. I don't know if they are just giving me a story but I paid good money to have it installed and I can't believe they would lie to me, LOL.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:29 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
There's no way that should be vented through the roof. It should be vented out a wall or the rear cap with a proper vent cover with flapper. Then it should be painted to match or be chromed. It is possible it's just vented into the cavity between the rear wall and the rear cap.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:52 PM   #7

I'd be on the roof for a look!

Never heard of a RV dryer vented thru the roof! Lint buildup could hold the vent open, and let in rain / snow.
Old 12-07-2022, 07:05 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with the previous posters that a dryer should never be vented through the roof.

The problem is condensation occurs in the dryer vents which can then cause moisture to trickle back down the vent duct and coat the entire system. This moisture can then collect additional lint that cannot be easily removed.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:12 PM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
OK..A QUESTION....
You Need to Confirm that You indeed Have a Vented Dryer..Or ... You May have a Non Vented dryer.or combo washer/dryer.. therefore No Outside Vent.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 07:42 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
OK..A QUESTION....
You Need to Confirm that You indeed Have a Vented Dryer..Or ... You May have a Non Vented dryer.or combo washer/dryer.. therefore No Outside Vent.

I have a Red 340 with a Splendid combo washer/dryer and I have a vent.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerone View Post
I just looked at a 2019 33AA on RV Trader and has installed washer, dryer but I don't see a vent on the back, very strange.
Was it a non vented combo model! They don't need vents.
AllegroD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 08:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5501 View Post
Looking at photos of several 33aa models listed on rv trader, all have the dryer vent on the rear cap. It’s located behind the ladder, so a little less obvious as a result. That’s consistent with other Tiffins in that the vent is directly behind the dryer. Photo stolen from some random rvtrader advert below.
Our 2019 RED 37BA has the stacked washer and dryer, in the same location as the 33AA. Our vent is per the pic above, behind the ladder.

I suspect the above add used stock pics.
AllegroD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 06:33 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerone View Post
Oh well, I guess I will try to call TIffin, don't know if this is allowed but this is the link of the one I was looking at: https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...+AA-5023987209 I had my dealer install a washer and dryer and I ask where the vent was, they said it vented out the roof. I don't know if they are just giving me a story but I paid good money to have it installed and I can't believe they would lie to me, LOL.
I’m not clear whether you are looking at this unit online or have already purchased it? Regardless, if you have access to the motorhome, try this. The way Tiffin builds motorhomes, there is an air gap between the rear cap and the rear wall of the interior (i.e. the rear cap is not the rear wall of the bedroom). If you lay on the ground and look upward you can see what’s going on in that space - maybe. You should be able to see the dryer vent exit the interior wall and - go somewhere? Since the engine and all is back there, the view may be obscured by mechanical equipment. On a gasser, this area is wide open to see from the bottom.
Shadow5501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 11:25 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Dryer Vent on 2020 Tiffin 33AA

When we bought our 2020 Tiffin 33AA, Kings Campers in Wausau Wisconsin included a washer dryer installation with the deal. The coach was pre-plumbed for the washer/dryer add-on. The only issue was that the dryer vent had to be installed by the dealer. There was NO pre-cut hole for the vent. The dealer has to cut the hole. Tiffin has a vent kit that was installed.

The hole will be cut on the back cap near the ladder. (About 3/4 of the way up.) You can get the vents in black or chrome. We thought the chrome looked better. I have seen some vents that were located under the ladder, but ours was just to the left of it. I would include a picture, but the RV is in storage.

Kings did a good job with the install.

Regards,

Jerry

Tags
vent