RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-03-2020, 04:58 PM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Refrigerator latch loose

My fridge is a 2 door top freezer model and this one works great. I mounted it in holes already there
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...24-000149.html.
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
I donít currently have any fridge latch issues and was unaware of the Fridge Fixer. Think I am going to install one as a safety precaution. We just bought our Phaeton last June after looking at many coaches. I would say half of those we looked at had dents in the freezer handle. Makes me wonder if the latches can hold the drawer closed with heavy studs inside taking a corner.
On our Phaeton, the freezer door handle is dented. But it comes from the half-bath door. When slides are in, there is not enough room to fully open the bathroom door. As you you open the bathroom door and "slither" in, the door can strike the fridge handle if you are not careful - and it is hard to be careful when trying to get in that bathroom in such close quarters. I am betting that *many* Phaetons have this same issue.

Some of the dents might be from the freezer door accidentally opening, but not on ours.

Regards.

Chuck
Old 11-07-2020, 10:08 AM   #17

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck&Pam View Post
My fridge is a 2 door top freezer model and this one works great. I mounted it in holes already there
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...24-000149.html.
On the two door , that is simple but works it appears...and the price is do-able..
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Conditioned Gypsy View Post
On our Phaeton, the freezer door handle is dented. But it comes from the half-bath door. When slides are in, there is not enough room to fully open the bathroom door. As you you open the bathroom door and "slither" in, the door can strike the fridge handle if you are not careful - and it is hard to be careful when trying to get in that bathroom in such close quarters. I am betting that *many* Phaetons have this same issue.

Some of the dents might be from the freezer door accidentally opening, but not on ours.

Regards.

Chuck

Interesting. On ours, with the slides closed, the mid bathroom door hits the opposing slide carpet first so it would never reach the refrigerator.

I did install the Fridge Fixer. Itís actually a very nice piece and my wife likes it as well. I also like the fact that there are no modifications required to the refrigerator.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Interesting. On ours, with the slides closed, the mid bathroom door hits the opposing slide carpet first so it would never reach the refrigerator.

I did install the Fridge Fixer. Itís actually a very nice piece and my wife likes it as well. I also like the fact that there are no modifications required to the refrigerator.
Just measured it and in ours, the opening between the bottom of the bathroom door and the floor is 2 3/4 inches. Swings above the carpet in front of the fridge. Yours must have less clearance. Funny how small differences exist between two coaches that should probably be the same....

Regards.

Chuck
Old 12-01-2020, 06:43 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Finally got to our winter camp; ordered, received and installed our 'fridge fixer'. Easy install, just reqd the correct size star driver for the fridge. This seems like the right solution to keep the doors secure on the residential refrigerators.
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 05:35 PM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nildecaf View Post
Finally got to our winter camp; ordered, received and installed our 'fridge fixer'. Easy install, just reqd the correct size star driver for the fridge. This seems like the right solution to keep the doors secure on the residential refrigerators.
"ATTA BOY"!!!!!!!
[And dumb me.. just discovered that the drop lock is magnetic!]
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:13 PM   #22

Loved this thread...sounded like an infomercial with Ron Popeil - for us who remember him and the pocket fisherman...
Ratpack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #23

Seems like the right thing to do--pass it on when we find a gadget that works...
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:03 AM   #24

Thanks, this post has been very helpful. Been having the same problem. Went with bigger screws with last fix. But these wallowed out over a short time and had the same problem of latch getting loose and failing. Will get fridge fixer. Like that it will keep doors open while in storage.
BeachedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:03 PM   #25

i had this problem and suggested to red bay tech that they use longer screws...
--
a few minutes later they had fixed it...

with epoxy!!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator