Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-10-2010, 07:03 AM   #1

Removing the front tv

Good day all
We have a 42' Allegro Bus and the Panasonic in the coach has went bad. Has anyone removed this TV above the dash before? I can't seem to find the screws to remove it.
Mvlawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-10-2010, 11:29 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
The trim bezel needs to come off first. Theer should be 2 to 4 long square head drive screws in the front cabinets, 2 on each side, that need to be removed then, atleast on mine, the were 2 screws vertically through the tv face holding the tv in.
Keith & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:43 PM   #3

Yours might be similar to the set-up on our Georgetown. The cabinet that the TV is in doesn't reach all the way to the winshield. There's an air vent on the back with 10 screws holing it to the cabinet. If you remove the vent you can get in to the screws and brackets that anchor the TV.

Since I was adding a DVD player and moving some bits between the cabinets either side, I didn't take the TV out (yet). There are also four wooden plugs in the front bezel which probably hide the screws for removing the trim. I expect those have to come off to give enough clearance for the TV to come out aft-wards.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
paz

Mvlawn,

Keith is right, the front frame (bezel) has 2 "wings" extending back into the cabinet with long screws into the wings from the side cabinets. Two of the screws in each side cabinet hold the side cabinet to the center cabinet, and the other 2 screws screw into the "wings" to hold the bezel in place.

I replaced the front TV in our '05 Bay last winter, and your Bus may be similar. Check out our blog entry Motor Home Project: Replace Front TV for some photos and ideas of how to do it. Unfortunately, the one thing I wish I had photographed but didn't was the bezel with the wings.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Removing front TV

I just completed replacing the front TV in our 2003 32BA Allegro. There are 2 Black screws on each side in the cabinets that hold the front bezel on the TV. Once they are backed out the bezel can be removed. Ours had a metal plate screwed to the bottom of the TV to tilt it for proper viewing. This plate had 2 screws in the front edge to hold the TV in the proper position in the cabinet. After removing the TV from the cabinet I installed a sheet of 3/4" oak plywood inside the edge of the bezel and mounted a 26" lightweight(11 lbs) Vizio TV. Wanted to install a 32 inch but could not find one that I could use without moving/modifying the doors on the cabinets on each side. Also decided not to worry about the empty space behind the TV since it was not usable when the original TV was in place. We changed ours out because of the constant noise everytime a small bump was hit. The TV is still good.