Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Removing Vented washer/dryer combo

Hi ALL,
I have the 2013 Allegro 36LA and the Splendide 2100 washer/dryer combo and it is vented to the outside but there is either a leak in the vent inside or the vent is stuck.There is little heat that comes outside.Anyone remove the machine before? It is really a tight fit and I didn't know if they were enough slack in the hoses. Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

I installed mine myself. The vent hose will be the only problem as the water hoses and electric cord should have enough of slack or can be disconnected.
I would remove the outside angle cap and examine the vent hose there first. It may not be connected. Then if you have to pull the combo you can disconnect it from the outside.

Keith and Brenda
2014 Tiffin 36LA
2015 Ford F-150 Lariat Toad
Maui (Yorkie) Meeko (Maltease)
kab449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #3

Another possibility is that the vent hose is clogged with lint. I have pulled mine out several times to fix this or that. I built a platform out of plywood and 2x4 legs so I could slide it out of the cabinet.

Look closely at the cabinetry around the machine. For example, mine is to the left of the closet and there is a removable panel in the closet allowing me to get back there and deal with hoses and such. Maybe Tiffin did something similar.
tkcas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On our Dutch Star there was a removable panel in the cabinet on top of the unit. Allowed access to the water valves and vent hose connection. Look for a panel as previous posters have said.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
With the washer cab doors open, look down at the floor. you should see a 1 x 1 on the floor runing across the front of the washer. Remove two or three screws and the board. move washer side to side (little bit) and it may move back toward the outside wall and reseat the vent. Before you put the board back, clean the filter by the floor near the right side. Yes a small amount of water will come out. Check owners manual. hope this helps

jim
viewfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:09 PM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Very likely that the lint has accumulated inside the machine,
and there is a protocol to remove the lint, per Splendide.
I would try this before you remove the machine. If you have
a lot of accumulated lint in the machine, the symptom is very
little air coming out of the vent on the outside. You have to do
the lint removal protocol as routine maintenance.

Here is the process:

Start the unit without clothes and with the dry time off on cycle # 11. When the water stops entering the unit push and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. *NOTE: If the water is not at least half way up the glass repeat this step.

Move the cycle knob to cycle # 2 push the extra rinse button then press the start button once (do not hold) then let it run through that complete cycle.

Do this 3 times then try the dryer.
Do this 1 time a month to keep clean.
Mac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Thanks guys for your help.I cleaned the front plug at the floor last week and didn't see anything.

Jim, I did have the piece of trim at the bottom off when I cleaned that filter.Do you know how the vent on the outside works? It is not like a vent in the house.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:13 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Well... IIRC the wall has a bell shaped connection that the washer/dryer pushes into. That allows the vent pipe on the dryer to be slightly misaligned. Not like home, where it is a PITA to hook the pipe up. You may be able to see some of it from the cab under the sink with a mirror.

If the connection came apart, you will have heat and water vapor coming into the bath. This happened to us over a year ago due to a 6.8 quake, with the epicenter being in the rear bath ( unbalanced wash load). Hasn't happened since!

jim
Old 02-17-2016, 08:50 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi Guys,
Just got through doing the vinegar treatment that didn't work,so onto the next option.I will do the mirror trick tomorrow and see whats going on.Will report back if I get a fix.Safe Travels all.Thanks Forgot to say that I have contacted Splendide and Darrell from there also said to try the vinegar thing and I e-mailed him awhile ago to see what else he says.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:41 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Call Tiffin and ask what's on the wall when they do a factory install. Have your VIN number handy.

jim
Old 02-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Hi All,
What a day.I pulled the washer/dryer today which was a PITA.I found 2 things wrong.#1 The vent flap outside was stuck closed.#2 Tiffin missed aligned the vent from the machine to the outside vent.They actually cut the hole to low from the outside so it didn't line up with the machine which was about 3/4 of an inch to high.
My,My,so they had a piece of 1/2 inch piece of board in the back for the machine to sit on so I took that out and it lowered it a little.It is working a lot better but not perfect.The vents on the back of the machine and the outside or hard plastic and the one from the machine is suppose to go inside the vent to outside but if it is not aligned perfect it will not work and believe me I tried everything.The vent to the outside is not bell shaped on mine so it is really hard to get it to work right.Thank you all for you help.Safe travels to all.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:18 AM   #12

Told you to remove the vent on the outside. If you couldn't use it again they make a nice chrome replacement.

Keith and Brenda
2014 Tiffin 36LA
Old 02-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab449 View Post
Told you to remove the vent on the outside. If you couldn't use it again they make a nice chrome replacement.

Keith and Brenda
2014 Tiffin 36LA

After thinking about this, if your combo was factory installed and Tiffin incorporated the paint scheme over the vent, it might pose a problem replacing the outside vent with the paint. I installed mine so I cut the hole in the side and purchased the chrome vent which has at least a 1" flange around the sides.

Keith and Brenda
2014 Tiffin 36LA
Old 02-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Keith,
I appreciate your response but,I didn't want to take a chance on screwing the paint up.After all when I saw how they put the washer in I would have had to pull it out anyway because they didn't have it connected from the inside and the pieces that are suppose to go together was really hard to get together and if they put the machine after all the cabinets are in they did even know if it was connected.I probably need to go back for another factory tour.Safe Travels.

Tags
vent