Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2021, 08:05 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Replace Sofa With Reclining Love Seat

I want to replace our 93 inch sofa with a reclining love seat. I have measured everything inside and we have room, with a little length space to spare even.
This recent link https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/rem...ch-556756.html tells how to get the sofa out, and I'm good with that info.

My question is: Does my narrow entry door provide enough room to get the love seat (theater seat) in the MH? My door frame is only 26 inches wide. The specs on the reclining love seat from Ashley Furniture Store states the minimum door width for delivery is 32 inches.

Specs on the love seat is 82" long, 41" depth, 42" high, 227 lbs weight. I was told at the store that the two seat backs come off, but the back of the console does not and the two seats do not come apart. Can someone who has put theater seating in tell me the width of your door frame, and if there were any problems getting the love seat in the MH?
Thanks,
wog099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2021, 10:32 PM   #2

Drive your RV to Ashley and tell the salesman if he can get it in the door you'll buy it.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
take the seat back off.... ask me how I know!
Old 10-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newps View Post
Drive your RV to Ashley and tell the salesman if he can get it in the door you'll buy it.
Thanks Newps. That's a good idea and the store is fairly close, but I don't want to take the sofa out until I know that the love seat will fit in. That might be one of those 'catch 22' things, but something to consider.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:25 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkassab View Post
take the seat back off.... ask me how I know!
The individual seat backs do come off, but I'm told that the console and console back do not come off.
Did your console back come off also, or was it OK to stay on and still fit through the door?
Thanks,
Old 10-25-2021, 09:58 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wog099 View Post
The individual seat backs do come off, but I'm told that the console and console back do not come off.
Did your console back come off also, or was it OK to stay on and still fit through the door?
Thanks,
With the Console lid off, along with the seat backs, I was able to fit it through the door..... So measure your door width and the thickness of the chair.... if thickness is less than or equal to the door width you're good to go.

Note: removing the screen door may give you a wider doorway?
Old 10-29-2021, 05:46 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Replaced our 68" sofa and recliner yesterday. Had to take 4 nuts off to remove the back of the sofa, lay the recliner on the side and twist it out. It was heavy and just fit thru the door. Replacement was studio seating and matching recliner from RecPro. They also just fit thru the door and the backs were attached in place. BTW, RecPro got the units to us in Virginia in less than a week by FedEx and customer service was excellent.
AA4TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 07:33 AM   #8

We just had this delivered last week from Ashley furniture. Took almost 3 months from the time of order.

The hardest part for us was the limited length the seating could be. 75" I believe. We didn't want RV furniture because most everyone says it's crap after a couple years.

We really wanted a lighter color in cloth. We just couldn't find anything that we liked. I also didn't want power seats, but this has power.

I told the salesman we were putting it in a MH and he said no problem. The guys delivering it would get in no problem. Mine came without the backs installed. There is no way it would have fit with the backs on. I had also removed the passenger seat. Would not have fit with that installed.

Overall we're pretty happy. Not perfect, but after spending a couple month looking I was glad to get it installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater seating.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	347516   Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater seating1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	173.0 KB
ID:	347517  

69Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:25 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
We just had this delivered last week from Ashley furniture. Took almost 3 months from the time of order.

The hardest part for us was the limited length the seating could be. 75" I believe. We didn't want RV furniture because most everyone says it's crap after a couple years.

We really wanted a lighter color in cloth. We just couldn't find anything that we liked. I also didn't want power seats, but this has power.

I told the salesman we were putting it in a MH and he said no problem. The guys delivering it would get in no problem. Mine came without the backs installed. There is no way it would have fit with the backs on. I had also removed the passenger seat. Would not have fit with that installed.

Overall we're pretty happy. Not perfect, but after spending a couple month looking I was glad to get it installed.
I'm planning on doing a similar replacement though just not yet but your last words were, you're pretty happy but not perfect. Can you elaborate on what isn't perfect, please? Is it they don't recline fully, don't fit perfectly, or ??? Thxs
dmctlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmctlc View Post
I'm planning on doing a similar replacement though just not yet but your last words were, you're pretty happy but not perfect. Can you elaborate on what isn't perfect, please? Is it they don't recline fully, don't fit perfectly, or ??? Thxs
We really didn't want it to be a dark color like it we got. We wanted it to be a closer match to the existing colors. We just couldn't find anything we liked.

I also didn't want it to a have power recliner. I wanted manual for simplicity. I wouldn't say they are slow, but when I'm ready to get up I hate waiting for them to return to the upright position. That probably won't bother many people. I'm just impatient Might want to test that in the store.

The fabric isn't leather and isn't microfiber. I don't know what to call it, but it feels really good.

Some of the seating we looked at had built in USB ports. This one doesn't. I don't think it will take much to install them though.

I really like the headrests. They are powered also. So when you're reclined you can move the headrest up to have your head facing more toward your feet instead of the ceiling. If you're TV is low like ours it's great.

There are 4 cup holders. It has the center console and both outer arms open and have a lot of storage.

I'm hoping they hold up and don't peel or anything. Time will tell.

It was listed for $1599 I believe. We asked for a sale price and paid $999.
69Stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:03 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Stang View Post
We really didn't want it to be a dark color like it we got. We wanted it to be a closer match to the existing colors. We just couldn't find anything we liked.

I also didn't want it to a have power recliner. I wanted manual for simplicity. I wouldn't say they are slow, but when I'm ready to get up I hate waiting for them to return to the upright position. That probably won't bother many people. I'm just impatient Might want to test that in the store.

The fabric isn't leather and isn't microfiber. I don't know what to call it, but it feels really good.

Some of the seating we looked at had built in USB ports. This one doesn't. I don't think it will take much to install them though.

I really like the headrests. They are powered also. So when you're reclined you can move the headrest up to have your head facing more toward your feet instead of the ceiling. If you're TV is low like ours it's great.

There are 4 cup holders. It has the center console and both outer arms open and have a lot of storage.

I'm hoping they hold up and don't peel or anything. Time will tell.

It was listed for $1599 I believe. We asked for a sale price and paid $999.
Thanks, good info..
dmctlc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:18 AM   #12

Not trying to hijack your thread, but have you considered a pair of recliners? We found the reclining loveseat just wasn't flexible enough for us. We went with a pair of smallish swivel recliners instead. Best Furniture brand. Cost was very reasonable and USA made. Backs come off and they are an easy install. We don't strap them down to travel and they stay put well.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
Not trying to hijack your thread, but have you considered a pair of recliners? We found the reclining loveseat just wasn't flexible enough for us. We went with a pair of smallish swivel recliners instead. Best Furniture brand. Cost was very reasonable and USA made. Backs come off and they are an easy install. We don't strap them down to travel and they stay put well.
MtCamoer

That's exactly what I have been wanting to do but have been a little apprehensive because of ability to swivel and recline. Do you have any issues restricting your movement? Are you comfortable watching the front tv? Did you order straight from the manufacturer? What model did you get? Thanks for any and all info.

Jerry
AimHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:57 PM   #14

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Most recliner mechanisms allow back to be removed; then seat/ back turned sideways/ vertical and easy thru door?

Tags
ace, replace, seat