Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 12:05 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Replacement for Whirlpool Refrigerator

I had another post. But, I couldn't figure how to add pictures.

The repair man said the problem is "a short frost pattern".* The 3 year old refrigerator in our 2014 open road 31 SA has to be replaced.*

I'm extremely disappointed since we only use our motorhome 5 months out of the year. Any suggestions on replacement? Definitely not a Whirlpool. We have an extended warranty. I will see how well they respond.

One more question. How do they get this refrigerator out of the motorhome?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181709.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	210334Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_181723.jpeg
Views:	78
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	210335
boggsak is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 03:39 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
The drivers side window has to come out to get the refrigerator in and out. I have seen a couple of them do this at Tiffin service center.
lakefront5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:05 AM   #3

Boggsac, if you get a chance, could you post the model number of your Whirlpool fridge? We also have a Whirlpool and I'm wondering if it is something we should look forward to.
dsurette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:15 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsak View Post
I had another post. But, I couldn't figure how to add pictures.

The repair man said the problem is "a short frost pattern".* The 3 year old refrigerator in our 2014 open road 31 SA has to be replaced.*

I'm extremely disappointed since we only use our motorhome 5 months out of the year. Any suggestions on replacement? Definitely not a Whirlpool. We have an extended warranty. I will see how well they respond.

One more question. How do they get this refrigerator out of the motorhome?

Attachment 210334Attachment 210335
Hello,
I have a 2014 Phaeton that came with a Maytag refridgerator. The compressor went out at 13 months. I have a extended warranty so I had a new compressor put in and only paid $100.00 that time. It worked fine for about a year and a half and the compressor went out again. I just happened to be at the Tiffin repair center at the time. I had them to put a new fridge in. Again the extended warranty paid. There is people in Red Bay that can put a new one in pretty easy. They take the Driver side window out and take it out and put it back in through that. I hope this helps. The Maytag is made by Whirlpool and they are the same fridge.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
Hello,
I have a 2014 Phaeton that came with a Maytag refridgerator. The compressor went out at 13 months. I have a extended warranty so I had a new compressor put in and only paid $100.00 that time. It worked fine for about a year and a half and the compressor went out again. I just happened to be at the Tiffin repair center at the time. I had them to put a new fridge in. Again the extended warranty paid. There is people in Red Bay that can put a new one in pretty easy. They take the Driver side window out and take it out and put it back in through that. I hope this helps. The Maytag is made by Whirlpool and they are the same fridge.
One more thing. Tiffin won't honnor any extended warranty, but there are guys there that will.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsurette View Post
Boggsac, if you get a chance, could you post the model number of your Whirlpool fridge? We also have a Whirlpool and I'm wondering if it is something we should look forward to.
Here you go. Hopefully, you'll have better luck. Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20180711_061731.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	210492
Old 07-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Hello,
We are in Alaska. A bit of a drive to Red Bay. We do have an extended warranty. I'm trying to figure out which fridge to buy. Where both of your refrigerators Maytag? Have you had any problems? How long has it been since the last replacement?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #8

Don't these Whirlpool refrigerators have 10 year warranties? I see the sticker on the front of these units.
whciv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
One more thing. Tiffin won't honnor any extended warranty, but there are guys there that will.
No worries, I'm in Alaska anyway. I'm about to find out how if Good Sam extended warranty is good.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:19 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggsak View Post
We are in Alaska. A bit of a drive to Red Bay. We do have an extended warranty. I'm trying to figure out which fridge to buy. Where both of your refrigerators Maytag? Have you had any problems? How long has it been since the last replacement?
Yes both refrigerators were Maytag last replacement was October and that’s when we had the new one put in no problems since,.
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, refrigerator, replace, replacement