Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2019, 08:36 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Reset combination Lock

I have a catch 22 problem, we purchased our 2014 Allegro Bus from LaMesa RV in Tucson AZ. One problem we have run into that they can’t resolve, so I thought I would post here to see if anyone has had the same problem. When we purchased the Bus, we only got only 1 key fob with the bus, I purchased another one from Tiffin so the wife and I both would have one. I went to TriMark to see how to program the key fob. I found out you need the combination for the lock to program the fob. We needed LaMesa do some follow up work, and to see if they could program the fob. LaMesa called Tiffin to see how to reset the combination, according to the service tech who is helping us, Tiffin will not give out the code to do a reset. I am sure there must be some way to get the combination reset or hopefully I can get the information of the previous owner and contact him for the combination.
If anyone on the board has run into this type of problem. I would appreciate a post.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2019, 11:06 AM   #2
mrk

TriMark has a short video on their website telling you how to re-train a FOB.

www.trimarkcorp.com; then select Support tab; then Keyless Entry Support; then enter your coach particulars (Tiffin/Allegro Bus/2010-current). Last video shows you what they wouldn't tell you on the phone and what LaMesa apparently doesn't know.

Good luck!
Old 08-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #3

I bought from the La Mesa Phoenix location. I had the same problem. LM said they called Winnabego and were told that the wiring diagram was secret. I called Winnabego and they email me the diagram. Call Tiffin yourself. You may have to email them a copy of your purchase agreement with the vin number to prove that you reciently purchased this rig. I’m sure Tiffin will tell you what you need to know.

I also had a problem with my Safe. No key and LM was clueless. I contacted the manufacturer who emailed me a form. Filled it out, mailed it back with a copy of my paperwork and a check for $10 and they mailed me a new key. Once I could open the safe I was able to reprogram it with my own entry code.
TXTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #4

I agree with TXTiger. If you cannot get help from the Tiffin tech on the phone ask to talk to the supervisor, and go up that chain as far as you need to. You may have to give some sort of Proof of Purchase, but I cannot believe they won't help when you get far enough up the chain and they understand the problem. Tiffin makes 12 of these things a day and I cannot believe you are the first with this issue.

I'd also drop La Mesa Sales Manager a note about your unhappiness with their ability to furnish you with access for a coach you bought from them. A bit of a mention about forum postings regarding their failure to provide this info at sale might center their attention on your problem. No excuse for this nonsense.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 09:34 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We bought an ‘08 Bus a little over a month ago. The previous owner left the sheet with the lock codes, but we were missing a couple of keys. The folks at Tiffin were very helpful in identifying the ones we needed. I just got to try them today and they worked.

If this company will help someone with an 11 year old product, I’m sure they will take care of your concern.
YLBues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:39 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I'm trying to understand...Do you not know your door combination code at all ? In the basement try running out the most forward storage tray to as far as it will go. Crawl in and lay on your back. Often the techs would write the 5 digit door code on the Tri Mark controller. That is how I was shown . Ours is written under there. Hope this helps.
RodneyLadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:03 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for all the post, all good information. Dale, I had watched the video on the link that you posted. That is where I found that I needed the combination to program the new key fob.

Rob, I purchased the RV used, I have no idea what the previous owner use for a combination. I will try your suggestion on finding the controller when I get the RV home. I will be on the phone with Tiffin on Monday to see if they will help.

Also it appears I am not the only one who have had problems with LaMesa RV, it has been adventure with this purchase, some good and bad.
Old 08-04-2019, 08:42 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Almost bought from LaMesa Phoenix. Glad we did not. Too many red flags.
SloHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 08:22 AM   #9
mrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by caninecop View Post
Thanks for all the post, all good information. Dale, I had watched the video on the link that you posted. That is where I found that I needed the combination to program the new key fob.

Rob, I purchased the RV used, I have no idea what the previous owner use for a combination. I will try your suggestion on finding the controller when I get the RV home. I will be on the phone with Tiffin on Monday to see if they will help.

Also it appears I am not the only one who have had problems with LaMesa RV, it has been adventure with this purchase, some good and bad.

If you follow Rob's suggestion, you may find the access code. If it's written on the CAN, try inputting it on the door handle. If it works, you should get a quiet "beep", then you can touch the 3/4 button to unlock all the doors. But that still doesn't program your FOB. If it doesn't work, then it may be the authorization code rather than the access code. If that's the case, then there are instructions how to set your own access code.

I don't think you need the access code in order to program the FOB. Cut power to the CAN, reset the 4,5,6 dip switches, reconnect power and look for the flashing LED behind the circuit board, hold down any key on the FOB until LED flash pattern changes; REPROGRAM THE OTHER FOB in the same manner; cut power to CAN and return dip switches to original position, reconnect power, done. Both FOBs should now work, whether or not you know your access code.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrk View Post
If you follow Rob's suggestion, you may find the access code. If it's written on the CAN, try inputting it on the door handle. If it works, you should get a quiet "beep", then you can touch the 3/4 button to unlock all the doors. But that still doesn't program your FOB. If it doesn't work, then it may be the authorization code rather than the access code. If that's the case, then there are instructions how to set your own access code.

I don't think you need the access code in order to program the FOB. Cut power to the CAN, reset the 4,5,6 dip switches, reconnect power and look for the flashing LED behind the circuit board, hold down any key on the FOB until LED flash pattern changes; REPROGRAM THE OTHER FOB in the same manner; cut power to CAN and return dip switches to original position, reconnect power, done. Both FOBs should now work, whether or not you know your access code.
Dale thank you for your post and all the others who posted. On Monday I called Tiffin Service department. I explained my problem and what La Mesa RV had told me. He told me that he didn’t have to give ma an override code. He said the code is on the controller and told me where to look for the controller, also sent me a PDF file that explained the process for changing the combination and program the key fob. I sent the information to the RV folks who were installing a Winegard Traveler 1000 on the bus an dropped off the key fob for them to program. This morning I got a call that the combination had been changed and the key fob had been programed. I still can’t believe that La Mesa RV couldn’t done exactly as I did, instead of giving me a big story about how Tiffin wouldn’t give them the code.
Just in case anyone has the same problem, here is what the Tiffin tech told me about finding the controller. He said it is usually on the passenger side of the RV and up toward the front bays on the frame. My controller was in the second bay located on the firewall not the frame, but you could see it with no problem if you looked. The PDF can be downloaded at Trimark web site.