Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #1

Reset Leveling System??

Does anyone know what needs to be done to reset the leveling system. We have always parked in the same place at home without issue, but his time when we did the auto level, the front passenger tire came off the pavement. I tried hitting auto level again and it did not right itself. We stored the jacks and tried to auto level again with the same results, front passenger side tire off pavement. We had to store the jacks again and manually level.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2018, 01:24 PM   #2

I always manually level anyway, the auto system tends to 'over estimate' it's needs.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRosado View Post
Does anyone know what needs to be done to reset the leveling system. We have always parked in the same place at home without issue, but his time when we did the auto level, the front passenger tire came off the pavement. I tried hitting auto level again and it did not right itself. We stored the jacks and tried to auto level again with the same results, front passenger side tire off pavement. We had to store the jacks again and manually level.
The HWH leveling system uses a 'plate' that has micro devices to determine when the coach is level, and when unlevel, which direction to raise in order to obtain level. The plate is mounted using spring-loaded screws that are used to calibrate the proper setting when the coach is level. It's possible the plate adjustment has been disturbed from its calibration by something impacting it. The HWH document that comes with the coach details the procedure to calibrate the setting.

Sent from my SM-T700 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app

2005 Honda Pilot toad
photoguy1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #4

It's always best to consult the documentation (instructions) that comes with the RV.
V3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 12:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
It's always best to consult the documentation (instructions) that comes with the RV.
There were no instructions in our "blue bag". I will try to download them from the HWH website.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
You can indeed download the instructions from HWH. I have, but have not tried to adjust the settings. I found that after I AUTO level the front is slightly lower so I manually raise it or drop the back. When the bathroom door doesn’t swing closed, it’s level.
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:07 PM   #7

I have adjusted the leveling plate in mine. I used the instructions on the HWH web site. The only issue I had was seeing the LEDs as they are not bright and the sun was shining into the compartment. Waiting until the sun moved and it was simple.
fpresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:20 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Get yourself a good 4' level and check the level of the coach (I'd use the floor as your reference point) before and after you level. What you think of as a level site may surprise you.

Try your parking spot where you had the problem. Note how far the bubble level is off before you hit autolevel. Check it again when the system shuts down. If the bubbles are between the lines, you are level. If one or both of the front wheels are above the ground, then your site is not level but your coach is.

If your bubble level indicates that you are not level and the system says you are, then it is time to adjust the system.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:48 AM   #9
Commercial Member

check the owners manual for diagnosing your problem. the new service manuals are combined into the owners manual.
do the diagnosis before replacing parts. thats the expensive way to do a repair. it may just be the level sensor, or pressure switch.
when the coach is level, using a carpenters level, do the lights on the touch pad and the level sensor agree? if not adjust the level sensor.
does it go to excess slope and shut off? if so, go out and unplug the pressure switch. thats the single connector at the top of the jack. ground it to the frame with a jumper wire. run the system. if the system works, the pressure switch is bad. the switch provides a ground to the computer to tell it that the jack has pressure on it. it should auto level with the jumper in place.
please feel free to text or call me if i can help. 1-602-549-3638
paul maddox
i work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit appointments or service work on this forum.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by azpete View Post
check the owners manual for diagnosing your problem. the new service manuals are combined into the owners manual.
do the diagnosis before replacing parts. thats the expensive way to do a repair. it may just be the level sensor, or pressure switch.
when the coach is level, using a carpenters level, do the lights on the touch pad and the level sensor agree? if not adjust the level sensor.
does it go to excess slope and shut off? if so, go out and unplug the pressure switch. thats the single connector at the top of the jack. ground it to the frame with a jumper wire. run the system. if the system works, the pressure switch is bad. the switch provides a ground to the computer to tell it that the jack has pressure on it. it should auto level with the jumper in place.
please feel free to text or call me if i can help. 1-602-549-3638
paul maddox
i work for hwh. i do not sell parts or solicit appointments or service work on this forum.
Thank you. My husband is going to store the jacks this weekend and try to auto level again to see if the same thing happens. It is just odd that after 4 years of parking in the same spot when we are home that it all of sudden started raising the front to the point of taking the wheel off the ground. I will give him your number in case he has any questions. It is very nice of you to offer.

Tags
leveling