Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Resi Fridge AC problem

My AC outlet to my residential fridge has no AC. Everything else in the coach is powered. My fridge has a dedicated Xantrex 1000 inverter. Now I checked the output of the inverter via the quick-disconnect and it reads 120 volts ac. So somewhere between the inverter output and the fridge outlet there is an open. I've checked and rechecked all (known) breakers. Per the Xantrex manual, RV use must have a ground-fault breaker but if mine has one for the fridge I can't find it. Anyone have an idea?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I think on most models there are two 120V plugs behind the RR in the slide. One is dedicated I think to the RR and the other is shared with the microwave/conv oven circuit. Ya wanna be on the RR dedicated circuit I'm thinkin. If you have a coach that the RR was installed after-market with a separate inverter then this might not be the case maybe.

In either situation, there is a pressed electrical wiring connector in the basement bay I think behind where the PVC tube goes through under the slide. This connector could have come loose?

If yer good at the breaker panel, and not at the RR outlet then I'd check the connector between them probably first choice.
I do not think that the RR is on a GFI circuit, at least not on my model coach. YMMV
Old 08-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #3

Our 2011 Bus is all electric and has the residential refrigerator. We have a dedicated refrigerator circuit breaker located in the rear bedroom closet on the driver's side behind the black plastic panel on the front of the wood box.

When storing the coach and leaving the coach plugged in to shore power we use that breaker to turn the refrigerator off - check that breaker.
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
There are two AC plugs on my 2004 bus one is for the refrigerator and is only hot when using shore power or generator the other one is run off the inverter and is for the ice maker to ensure fresh ice when you arrive for that first cool one after a long day at the wheel
They can be reversed but my batteries are weak and i like to keep the hot water on so i leave them the way tiffin started them.

Tags
fridge