Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 08:56 AM   #1

Roadmaster Flex Steer Or Safety Plus

which steering stabilizer should I get, Roadmaster Flex Steer or Safety Plus? The Safety Plus is about $100 more. I have a 2014 Phaeton 40QBH.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by novi2some View Post
which steering stabilizer should I get, Roadmaster Flex Steer or Safety Plus? The Safety Plus is about $100 more. I have a 2014 Phaeton 40QBH.
I can't speak to the Flex Steer, but I had the Safe-T-Plus on our Itasca and was very happy with it. It eliminated a lot of road wandering and the tires being grabbed by ruts in the road as well as some help with crosswinds.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

Roadmaster

I've used the reflex which like you said is a little cheaper and it worked great. Only difference that I can tell is spring on outside instead of inside. Either should be fine. Don't expect miracles though as you still need to have a nice grip on the wheel. But all in all helps a lot.
Enjoy Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:42 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Steering

I purchased the STP mainly because I didn't like that the Roadmaster Spring and shaft were open to the elements whereas the STP is enclosed, just my 2 cents worth.
Dermec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by novi2some View Post
I have had the Safe T Plus on my last 3 coaches and would not be without. Stops the wandering and helps with uneven roads, never had a blow out. Go to there factory outside Atlanta and they will install for you.
jkroboth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 05:49 PM   #6

I've got the safety-t-plus and it has helped. Dave
Old 04-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #7

Thanks to all replies. I ordered the Safe-T-Plus.
novi2some is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roadmaster, safety