Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #1

ROKU Audio to Breeze Surround Sound

My ROKU video streaming device works well on my Breeze mid-TV and it connects to the Surround Sound system. However, when I use the ROKU on the main (front) TV, I get audio only from the TV speakers not the SS. (Service center doesn't see a way to do this.) Anyone solved this problem?
PanoNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
All Tiffins are wired so the mid-TV is the only one which is connected to the Audio-IN ports of the Home Theater System. You can check the back of the HTS and see if it has a second Digital Audio In port (might be coax instead of optical) and connect your Roku to that.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 12:34 PM   #3

Thanks for the feedback, Roger. Currently I get Home Theater sound using both Mid and Front TVs by using the Dig-In input. So what must be happening is as long as the mid TV is on we will get HTS regardless of which set we are watching.

The Roku requires an HDMI connection to one of the TVs inputs. Were you thinking I could run coax from front TV to HTS? Assuming a separate input exists or perhaps a splitter at the input? How would the Roku video signal flow?
Thanks,
Frank
Old 03-12-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanoNut View Post
My ROKU video streaming device works well on my Breeze mid-TV and it connects to the Surround Sound system. However, when I use the ROKU on the main (front) TV, I get audio only from the TV speakers not the SS. (Service center doesn't see a way to do this.) Anyone solved this problem?
If your objective is to watch the Front TV with Surround Sound; why not turn on both TVs, stream to the mid-TV and watch the front? That should work, right?

rick p
Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Check QT's # 3 "PDR John's section" a lot on HDMI and other configurations.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:42 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not sure how Tiffin set up the video on the Breeze. On the other models, there is an AV cabinet in the bedroom which handles video and sound to all of the TVs. In your model, there may be an HDMI splitter or an HDMI spliltter/extender to deliver audio and video,

Also, can you TV handle 3 HDMI inputs. That would be the easiest to deal with as you would only need to run another HDMI cable from the Roku to the TV. Otherwise, you are going to have take over the either Sat or the BluRay port for your Roku.

On a side note, what are you planning to use for internet for your Roku? If you are planning on using campground WiFi, think again. If you are plannning on using 4G, hope you got yourself a good data plan.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:03 PM   #7

On my Breeze the Mid-TV uses an HDMI switch with three inputs. I connected the Roku to port #3 of the switch which is located just avove the mid-TV.

With #3 port selected on the HDMI switch, the Roku video is available to the Mid-TV. However, the Roku signal is not available to the main (front TV).

Also, I don't get surround sound for either TV with no matter what combination of HDMI switch settings and HTS inputs were selected. I must be missing something.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #8

Update. After talking with Nick the TV guy at Red Bay, he said to use an HDMI switch when installing ROKU on the front TV. I used a powered HDMI switch with remote on HDMI 2 (Satellite) and it switches from Sat to Roku nicely. I also have surround sound when using Roku or Sat.

Tags
audio