Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 02:56 PM   #1

Roof top Air Freeze Warning

I am getting a freeze warning for my middle Air. It shuts down the air but lets the fan to continue working.
I would appreciate any help.
I have a 2020 Allegro Bus 45OPP.
bldski is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 03:20 PM   #2

Do you have the users manual for the roof units ?

Your issue sounds like the drains on the unit maybe plugged , causing the water to get deep enough to contact and freeze on the evaporator.

Users manual may have other troubleshooting tips .
Old 07-28-2022, 07:49 PM   #3

The first thing that I would check are the return air filters. Behind each vent on the driver's side of the coach there is a circular piece of foam, make sure they are clean. On my Bus we generally have to clean them once every two to three months. If they are not kept clean, they will cause a freeze up.

The second option, more involved, is getting on the roof, removing the shrouds on the AC units and making sure the coils are clean.

If the above two options don't solve the problem, it is probably best to bring in a professional.
Old 07-28-2022, 08:27 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I agree with Brian (BRodgers). I, too, usually clean the round A/C filters every month or two. A few times a year, I (carefully) get up on the roof and remove the A/C shrouds and, either blow air through the fins, or use a fin comb or soft brush, to clean the fins (and straighten any bent fins). More HERE

I hope your issue is as simple as cleaning the filters, or quick maintenance of the rooftop units. I'll be following along here, to see how your issue is solved.

Tom
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 11:35 PM   #5

?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Do you have the users manual for the roof units ?

Your issue sounds like the drains on the unit maybe plugged , causing the water to get deep enough to contact and freeze on the evaporator.

Users manual may have other troubleshooting tips .
Both Brian and Tom gave very good advice, If you do go up on the roof and check the coils, just look carefully around for any oil around the copper fittings and lines. I notice sometimes the lines like to rubbed against the shroud causing leaks, low refrigerant would cause freezing on the lower evap. coil (indoor coil). I would also verify that the coil is freezing, because it could be a bad sensor. First check all filters, verify air flow at vents, and than if you can check unit on roof. Good Luck
Ghughett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 11:15 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All good suggestions. If you are in a very humid area this too can cause icing. Are your fans set to auto or manual. Try running that ac on high setting and while up on the roof, check the position of the sensor.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, free, roof, warning