Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2017, 11:59 AM   #1

Question RV Cover Selection

Help. How to choose a cover for Allegro Breeze 28BR (actual length 29.5'). There are so many options from ~$150-600+, some include wheel covers.
We live near the coast in Southern California. Not too hot, periodic wet nights.
Here are just a few examples:

=========

RV Covers
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze 28BR

Goplus Deluxe Vented RV Motorhome Camper Travel Trailer Covers UV Resistance (Fits 27'-29' RVs)
https://www.amazon.com/Goplus-Deluxe...LIC/ref=sr_1_7
$134

ADCO 52204 Designer Series SFS Aqua Shed Class A RV Cover - 28'1" - 30'
https://www.amazon.com/ADCO-52206-De...5ZK/ref=sr_1_2
$285

Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe Class A RV Cover, Fits 28' - 30' RVs - Lightweight Ripstop Fabric with RV Cover (80-144-171001-00)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FIUYL4..._t4_B00KPXH5ZK
$385.16

Classic Accessories OverDrive PermaPRO Deluxe Class A RV Cover, Fits 28' - 30' RVs - Lightweight Ripstop and Water Repellent RV Cover (80-329-171001-RT)
https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Acces..._ob_title_auto
$385

Rage Powersports 28' to 30' Class A Extreme Protection RV Motorhome Cover
https://www.amazon.com/Class-Extreme...+cover+class+a
$169
Review: "Thin paper-like material shipped with large tear"
Review: "more suited for long term storage where you don't need access to the RV and you'll just let it sit for a long while."

Some of these include tire covers:
https://www.rvcoversdirect.com/produ...ss-a-rv-covers

=========

Also,
CB Antenna: How to remove or hold folded downward so as not to rip the cover?
dmanpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #2

I purchased the $700 cover. I was then told by a Tiffin tech to never put a cover on my RV. Scared the crap out of me and I took it back. Might check and see what other owners think. The tech told me no cover will let the RV breath.
moodyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 07:25 PM   #3

We live in the south where it is normally very humid. My wife has a convertible plus a company car so the convertible rarely gets driven. We have always kept a cover on the convertible and until recently just had a cotton dust cover on it but it was getting old and tearing so I bought an expensive rain cover with air vents and put on it a few months ago. Last Saturday we decided to uncover the car and go to dinner, when we uncovered it, every piece of leather in the car was covered with mildew. Upon opening the trunk to get the covers case I found 1/2 inch of water in the trunks lowest point where the spare was located. There is no way I would put a cover on my MH but that's just me, a dry environment might be ok.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Another issue to consider is the wind rubbing the cover against the paint. It could cause major scuffing of the clear coat. I would love to cover the rear of mine since it's exposed to the south sun in storage, but won't because of possible paint rubbing.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:31 AM   #5

I had an Adco cover on a new TT for 4 years and never had mildew, rubbing or anything else some people describe. It's pretty hot and humid down here in south Georgia and it sat under trees. I loved taking the cover off and the TT being clean. My MH now requires a wash every time I take it out.
69Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28br, breeze, cover, rvcover, tiffin