RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Safe T Plus Mounting Hardware

I was just getting ready to push the button to order a Safe T Plus steering control with appropriate mounting hardware and thought I would double-check the part numbers. I went directly to the Safe T Plus website http://www.safe-t-plus.com/media/stp...ssis_guide.pdf, and confirmed I needed the 41-230 control but... looking past the line that said Allegro, 2007-2011, Freightliner, MC FRED line, part number H-190K2.5, I see a little further down, Allegro Open Road, no year range, Freightliner, no chassis, and a different part number that seems to be dependent on the tie rod diameter.
I just bought the rig, a 2008 32 LA that has Open Road written on the front; I have no idea what to order. I would consider ordering both mounting hardware kits but I can't even make that decision because I have no clue the tie rod diameter!
I have a call in to Safe T Plus but if I can get any first-hand advice, I'd appreciate hearing from you!
__________________

PonderosaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Lt Dan's Avatar


 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 4,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderosaMax View Post
I was just getting ready to push the button to order a Safe T Plus steering control with appropriate mounting hardware and thought I would double-check the part numbers. I went directly to the Safe T Plus website http://www.safe-t-plus.com/media/stp...ssis_guide.pdf, and confirmed I needed the 41-230 control but... looking past the line that said Allegro, 2007-2011, Freightliner, MC FRED line, part number H-190K2.5, I see a little further down, Allegro Open Road, no year range, Freightliner, no chassis, and a different part number that seems to be dependent on the tie rod diameter.
I just bought the rig, a 2008 32 LA that has Open Road written on the front; I have no idea what to order. I would consider ordering both mounting hardware kits but I can't even make that decision because I have no clue the tie rod diameter!
I have a call in to Safe T Plus but if I can get any first-hand advice, I'd appreciate hearing from you!
Is your Allegro a RED (Rear Engine Diesel)? The 32LA is normally a designation for a gas coach on a Ford chassis, not a Freightliner diesel. In addition, I don't think Tiffin came out with the RED until around 2010. According to the chart, you need to determine which chassis you have and look under the Ford section if it is a Ford, not the Tiffin section.
__________________

__________________
Dan & Ro with two Rescued Boston "Terrorists" Jade & Jewel
2017 Phaeton 40IH XSH Maroon Coral - Power Glide Chassis with IFS (05/17)
Previously '15 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QRA and '06 Itasca Sunrise 35A
'16 Jeep JKU Wrangler Sahara or '08 Honda Goldwing
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:34 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 16
It's a FRED, on a Freightliner chassis.
PonderosaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:38 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
National RV Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 16
Update: I was in contact with Kathy Doran at Safe T Plus and after providing my VIN number, was told the correct hardware to order. Without prompting, I was given retailer suggestions to place an order, provided instructions and a video, and, if I was going to be near the factory, an offer for free installation! That's the best customer service I've had in a very long time.
PonderosaMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
Member
 
oldjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonderosaMax View Post
Update: I was in contact with Kathy Doran at Safe T Plus and after providing my VIN number, was told the correct hardware to order. Without prompting, I was given retailer suggestions to place an order, provided instructions and a video, and, if I was going to be near the factory, an offer for free installation! That's the best customer service I've had in a very long time.
Agree, the folks there are very helpful - same is true for RoadMaster and eTrailer!
oldjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jamie65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 252
You will be glad you installed Safe T Plus. I installed in about an hour and road tested to set centering. I added because of fear of blow outs, but the difference in handling is amazing, from two hands on the wheel at all times to two fingers and relaxed, well worth the cost.
__________________
Ed & Kathleen
2003 Tiffin Allegro 40'
Jeep Liberty Tow
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:02 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
talberthanes's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 15
I just left the vendor on Safe T Plus in Myrtle Beach, SC. My only question is after installing the Safe T Plus, does the steering become two hands to steer in turns and turning corners? You know making small turns in campgrounds?
talberthanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:16 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
BobGed's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Land of the Washoe Zephyr
Posts: 2,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by talberthanes View Post
I just left the vendor on Safe T Plus in Myrtle Beach, SC. My only question is after installing the Safe T Plus, does the steering become two hands to steer in turns and turning corners? You know making small turns in campgrounds?
When it comes to turning the steering wheel I'll bet you won't even know it's there.
__________________
Bob, Sherron & Kinsey (Goldendoodle)
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
BobGed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jamie65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 252
Took an hour to install, a couple of drives around the block to center. Amazing difference when driving, don't know a large rig has passed unless I look out the window, cross winds no longer blow us around and can't tell the difference when steering even at slow speeds
__________________
Ed & Kathleen
2003 Tiffin Allegro 40'
Jeep Liberty Tow
Jamie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
GTobey's Avatar
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Troutville, VA
Posts: 167
Just ordered mine, and should arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to get it on!
__________________

__________________
2016 Winnebago Forza 36G
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Chassis Owners Club
GTobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar panel mounting hardware for Montana roof drdarrin Going Green 10 07-03-2016 07:00 PM
Safe-T-Plus mounting kit Haliburton Roadmaster Motorhome Chassis Forum 4 09-30-2014 05:03 PM
Safe T Plus or Steer Safe? Dutch Star David Monaco Owner's Forum 40 06-21-2011 12:19 PM
Steer Safe vs Safe T Plus RickO Gear and Product Discussions 1 01-07-2011 08:36 PM
Safe T Plus Trim Kit Voids Safe T Plus Wty??? RickO Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 12-11-2010 01:08 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×