Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 09:08 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Foretravel Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Safe-T-Plus Stabilizer

I have a 2021 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH and was thinking of adding a Safe-T-Plus stabilizer bar. Having read various threads was thinking that this was a good idea. I have tried contacting various sources for this and am told that my year coach has three possible sizes and they need more information to order the correct bar. Can anyone give me some advice on how to check what the correct size would be and how I would go about getting the information. I can not fin it in any manuals.
fcurci is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #2
NXR

Safe-T-Plus Stabilizer

It's by length of the motorhome and type of front suspension for some. Any qualified installer would know that.

Mine is 38' and not IFS so it uses blue. If you have IFS it probably would be teal but I'd just call the company and ask. They actually install their own units so they will know.

https://www.safe-t-plus.com/products/

Ray
Old 09-25-2021, 10:20 AM   #3

I'd be sure you had your Chassis info handy, and of course the coach manufacturers and model you've already shared. Then call Henderson's Line-up. Or even Safety-T-Plus themselves.

As I'm not well versed on 2021 Tiffen's, if this is a relatively new combo of Chassis and Model, you may need to visit Safety-T-Plus so they can take measurements and determine both the right Safety-T-Plus itself, and probably more important for something new like this - the Installation Brackets to include. (They sometimes need to manufacture new brackets, if they don't have a combination that will adapt to a specific chassis/rig.)

Safety-T-Plus did not show a unit/bracket kits for our 07 Country Coach Magna. Were great to talk to on the phone, super people. When I called Henderson's Line-up, they said they were pretty sure they could put a kit together, raiding brackets from other kits. I stopped by, and within 3 hours, they had a unit installed our coach...

So just because a kit is not shown, primarily the bracket part, does not mean that they might not be able to get you up and going... Worth a call.

And hopefully, someone with a similar rig/chassis will have done this before, and be able to let you know! If not, you can help others in the future...

Best of luck, enjoy your coach,
Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #4

The people at Safe-T-Plus are very knowledgeable about their products and application. I would call them direct. They can also ensure you get the correct mounting brackets. I installed mine myself on our 2021 40IH and while it took some large 1/2" breaker bars and torque wrenches, it wasn't that difficult. Air tools are are useful to things started as well. Obviously, being able to fit underneath the motorhome is important and there isn't much room to work with. You will also likely need a 3/8" torque wrench for the smaller u-bolts/nuts.

Sam
Old 09-25-2021, 10:55 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I don't know where you are but I only spent around $600 for the complete install at the Safe-T- Plus factory in Atlanta GA. Dealer wanted over $1200. WELL WORTH IT AT ANY COST!
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 12:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamKVA View Post
The people at Safe-T-Plus are very knowledgeable about their products and application. I would call them direct.
I've never understood why folks don't do this first.
Old 09-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I'll second going directly to Safe-T-Plus if possible. Got ours about 3 months go on a 2021 Red. Spent the night in their large parking lot, took them about 30 minutes to install and about an hour for a tech to ride with me and make adjustments along the way. Even gave me a veteran discount. Made a huge difference... would not be without it!
Laserchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:40 AM   #8

X3 for going to STP. Your chassis is VERY critical on the placement of spacers. Installers that are not familiar with your particular installation can cost you/them a new fuel tank. They will install for normal list price with possible discount as stated above.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:59 AM   #9

We also had the Safe T Plus installed at the Factory. I contacted them and they had me send measurements of the U bolt and tie rod to determine the right kit. I also highly recommend the road trip to have them install if it's feasible.

We spent the night in their parking lot. They have a dog friendly lounge and are very nice folks.

The install only takes a couple of hours including the drive to tune it in. So far, I feel it has been an excellent addition. We drove from there to Cherokee, NC then up 441 past Gatlinburg. I was very happy with the steering performance.

The only downside staying at the factory is that the train tracks are a couple of hundred feet away across the street by the golf course. They blow the horn at the golf course access road...all night long, every 45 minutes or so.

They will do an alignment prior to installing if you want. The alignment check cost a couple of hundred. Everything checked good so no adjustments were necessary. Adjustments would have been additional.

They also manufacture all their products at that facility. Very professional and knowledgeable.
emdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:08 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Like emdoc said.......if you can go to Tallapoosa, they install it for free. The alignment was $350 BUT Tiffin reimbursed me the $350 since it was within the 1st year of ownership. I e-mailed the invoice and they sent me a check. I recommend you call the Service Department to find out who to send the invoice to. If you are a veteran, you get a discount also. That was nice.

Funny about the trains. I am a light sleeper, but I never woke up when the trains came by. If you stay in their parking lot, be sure to ask for the lock combo (unless they send it to you). They forgot to send it to me. Luckily a friend of mine had just returned from there and he still had the combo on his phone. Also, if you stay there, be sure to have your leveling pads or whatever you use to level up on sloping grade. It's a gravel lot that slopes. I leveled up using my recycled rubber pavers I bought from Home Depot.

The alignment and install and drive for adjustment were a breeze. They were very kind people.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:53 AM   #11

If possible go to Safe T Plus factory. If you call and tell them your rig they will know what you need. I was just there on Friday morning for Koni shock install and they checked the adjustment on my Safe T Plus that was installed at the dealer when I bought my RV. We pulled in the bay, stayed in the RV, and we pulled out of the bay within 30 minutes. Very impressed with the efficiency, service, knowledge, and customer attentiveness. The lady who met us came to the RV and personally put Safe T Plus bandanas on our dogs.
boomersooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 11:38 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 2021 Tifffin 33AA. I used their website (www.safe-t-plus.com) to determine what was needed to be ordered for my coach. It resulted with two items: STP Unit 41-230 and Kit F143K2.5. Just to make sure I called the phone listed on their website (800)872-7233. It was answered quickly and I told the person that answered that I just wanted to verify what I needed to purchase and told her the make & model of my motor home. She confirmed the kits I listed above. Then she said I needed to tell her the diameter of my tie rods. When I said I didn’t have that information and that wasn’t mentioned on their website, she didn’t seem to care and just said I needed it for the order. It would seem that the proper u-bolts (assortment if necessary) would be included in the installation kit. After all, there seems to be only four of the u-bolts necessary under any circumstance. I would think they would ship the very few sizes of the u-bolts to apply to the very few possibilities on my specific coach. Have any of you found it necessary to measure the tie rod diameter before ordering?
Bob_Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:55 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Taylor View Post
. Have any of you found it necessary to measure the tie rod diameter before ordering?
Yes, as mentioned above. They had me measure tie rod and u bolt.
emdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 06:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by emdoc View Post
Yes, as mentioned above. They had me measure tie rod and u bolt.
No doubt this is so someone doesn't install the Safe-T-Plus using the wrong size U bolts which could slip and throw the unit out of adjustment besides the cost savings.