Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 02:08 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Safe-T-Plus or Steer Safe

Any experience on either of these steering stabilizers? I am constantly correcting the steering wheel in order to stay in one lane. Any suggestions?
Ken D
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 03:03 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I can only speak to Safe-T-Plus and they are a pleasure to deal with. Recommend a stop at their factory West of Atlanta. Not sure what year your rig is but you may want to do an alignment before the install. Ours drove and steered like a totally different MH after it was installed. Great Service, Great People!
Laserchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:47 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I also can only comment on the Safe-T. We have it on our coach and it made the world of difference in handling.
momdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 03:49 PM   #4

Have you weighed your coach and adjusted the tire air pressure per the tire manufacture inflation chart?

Beyond that I have nothing bad to say about the Safe-T Plus, I have one on my coach thanks to the previous owner, so don't have any experience driving without it.
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:01 PM   #5

According to his profile, the OP has a 5th wheel trailer. I don't believe the STP is intended for pickups.
Old 10-20-2021, 05:54 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
If a 5th wheel, not sure the product is for you. Maybe the profile is outdated.

As for the alignment, Safe-T-Plus has an alignment machine now. They can do an alignment and install the Safe-T-Plus for you in one stop. If your coach is less than a year old you can get a refund up to $350 for the alignment from Tiffin. The alignment at Safe-T-Plus was exactly $350. Tiffin mailed me a check. Of course I would call Tiffin to verify this is still their policy. It was 2 months ago.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:25 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Safety +

Thanks for the replies. Actually i just purchased a Tiffin Allegro RED. I need to edit my account....Ken
Kendorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:34 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendorado View Post
Thanks for the replies. Actually i just purchased a Tiffin Allegro RED. I need to edit my account....Ken

Congratulations
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:12 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a SteerSafe on a Chevy P32. It was there when I bought the MH so I can't comment on any improvement in steering. However, I think the Steer Safe has an advantage over Safe-T-Steer in that is acts directly on the steering knuckle, not on the steering linkage. With the Safe-T-Steer any looseness in tie rod ends, etc., could still be perceived as loose steering. Not so much with the SteerSafe.

You don't specify but I believe that your motorhome is on a Ford F53 chassis. This chassis like all solid front axle motorhomes likes ~+5.5° caster setting. Have an alignment and have the shop install wedges to set the caster.

After you have driven it a ways with +5.5° caster you may decide that you don't need steering centering aids!

I have a 34' motorhome on a Workhorse Chassis. +5.5° caster did wonders for it. I decided against adding a steering centering aid because I like the steering now and don't feel I need it.
Old 10-25-2021, 04:10 PM   #10

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Have a new Tiffin 33 AA. I had the safety plus installed BEFORE I even picked up the coach. I had one installed on my 2019 Tiffin 32 SA.

They are a must in my opinion. Not to mentioned a life save in a front wheel blow out situation.

PAM
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:34 PM   #11

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm pleased with my SteerSafe!

I've put about 20.000 miles on it now!
Old 10-26-2021, 04:12 PM   #12

Safe T

Had the Safe T installed at Camping World in Savanah. We had a Breeze DP, pulling a Jeep.
It totally changed the driving, no more correcting all the time. Especially notable while pulling as there was less weight on the front axle.
Strongly recommend.
The main utility is of course if you have a front tire blowout. This thing saves lives.
Michel Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:16 PM   #13

Had a Safe-T-Plus installed at their old factory in Atlanta. Great job and has made a noticeable difference in ease of driving and minimizing the effects of winds and passing trucks. The installer worked very hard to get it perfect.
Old 10-26-2021, 06:42 PM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
Just installed mine i have a new 2000 tiffin allegro bay, 34 ft. It only took one adjustment to get it corrected. After my first trip I was glad I spent the money to install it. I'm not a mechanic, 74 year's young and i did it myself, thanks to utupe. It can also save your life if you have a front blowout.
shot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety