Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Exclamation Service bulletin for 2018-2020 Phaetons/Buses

I rec'd a service bulletin today from Tiffin. Seems they mis-installed the water filter housing. The red button that relieves the pressure is supposed to be on the left. As you can see from mine (shown below), the red button is on the right.

They also sent instructions on how to flip it around (if you don't want to take it to a dealer to fix). Seems pretty straight forward, I think I could do it. You'll need to call Tiffin's warranty dept. to get replacement hose clamps before you start.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	waterfilter.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	271579  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ours is installed backwards on our 2019 Phaeton. The wife is always asking why the water comes out full of air.
EGE184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:16 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
the filter housing on our 2020 is installed on the sidewall near the bay door hinge, but also appears to be reversed... guess I will add that to my call to Tiffin.
Ynowgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Ours was backwards as well. Switched it a couple weeks ago, was a pain to get the hoses off the brass fittings. But other than that not a big deal. All you need is two 1/2" hose clamps, can get them anywhere.
RTC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 11:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynowgn View Post
the filter housing on our 2020 is installed on the sidewall near the bay door hinge, but also appears to be reversed... guess I will add that to my call to Tiffin.
The recall only applies to units with the filter mounted to the board with the valves etc. Front or rear wall doesn't count.
Old 01-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
The recall only applies to units with the filter mounted to the board with the valves etc. Front or rear wall doesn't count.
Thank you, that's helpful!
Ynowgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 05:23 PM   #7

All filter cartridges are designed for inflow through outside of cartridge media and then through to cartridge center tube and out after passing through the media. If housing cap is hooked up to feed source in reverse then flow will be restricted and cartridge will need to be changed more often as limited surface area is coated with sediment. It is not ideal but can be easily corrected by either reversing cap or rerouting the in/out lines. Stupid mistake by factory installer but not insurmountable and fairly easy to correct if you don’t want to take a trip to Red Bay.
Rusty Hinge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
phaeton, service