Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2014, 06:46 PM   #1

Shopping...Opinions on Pricing Appreciated

Hi:

Shopping for an Allegro 35QBA. Found a new 2013 and here is the response to my first inquiry from a dealer...they show a "Retail Price" of 142000.

"With $12,000 down, your payment would be in the $725/month range at the best rates. To get in the low $400 per month area, it would require $55-60,000 down."

Based on this, they would sell to me for about $126,000.

Late in Summer of 2013, I was shopping Forest River Georgetown XL 35 Bunk... a brand new one was priced to me at another dealer stating:

"You can have the 2013 Georgetown for $95,903 That is right at our cost!!!!!!!!!"

Question is, how much more would a dealer likely come off of a price like these. Less or more of a discount on a Tiffen vs. Georgetown. Pricing on motorhomes makes no sense to me anymore.
pbbixler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #2

seedealercost is an idea
irv2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

Thanks for that. Looks like Tiffin information isn't on the site if I'm doing it right...
Old 02-16-2014, 07:38 PM   #4

Got our 2013 which listed at 148,000 last August for 115,000
Old 02-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #5

Thanks for that. Any insight helps
Old 02-16-2014, 08:38 PM   #6

Well MHSRV is offering ALL the standard gas Georgetowns on their site at $89.9k well loaded...highest one had a 135 list price so that is 33%. No such discount available on current model Tiffin in the same range of price. Getting to 100k is about all one can do based on some recent negotiating of a friend.
That of course, does not make the G'town a better coach...just a better deal. You have to figure out the VALUE of each for yourself!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:03 PM   #7

I can't speak for MH or TT dealers cost since I am neither but I am pretty sure that dealer cost for TT's is right at or close to 40% off of list price. There may be some variance with some manufacturers but it should be at least 35% off of list to 40%. If you take a look at MSRP and what a dealer will sell a highly discounted TT it will usually be about $1500 over a supposed cost. I some rare instances they may be right at the 40% off of MSRP and in those cases the manufacturer may have some kind of kick back to move product and get a higher priced unit brought in to take it's place.

I used to be a Regional Sales Manager for a manufacturer of specialized truck bodies and the discount was 30% to 35% from list price. Parts price costs were generally 40% off of list price. If we consigned the parts inventory the discount was 30% off of list.

We always used to say that when a customer is buying a new body they could generally figure out what dealer cost was and would know about how far they could beat the dealer down. Used bodies was another story and that is where dealers made good money. Outside the dealer or his money supply no one knew what the dealers cost was.

When a manufactured truck chassis is used for the base of a MH there may be something similar to what car dealers get. Car and truck dealers can usually get 90 day floor plan during which they don't have to pay for the car (or truck). But when the car or truck is sold the money is due to the manufacturer, no grace period for that. When sales slow down they may extend that. Since MH's take a while to assemble I don't know if Freightliner, Ford, GM, GMC or any of the chassis manufacturers do it exactly that way but I'll bet they have some type of floor plan arrangement.

Back to the MH dealer. My best guess would be 30% off of list.

I don't begrudge the dealer making a honest profit. Without it I would have a problem maintaining my equipment. I just don't want him spending 6 months in Tahiti on my dollar.

I'm not an expert on this subject, but I did drive by a Holiday Inn recently.
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:52 PM   #8

I'm not sure about the gas coaches, but there are several dealers that will sell the DP Tiffins at around 28% off MSRP.

Tiffin price sheets are posted on the Tiffin RV Network.

www.tiffinrvnetwork.com
Old 02-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to phredsee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
I'm not sure about the gas coaches, but there are several dealers that will sell the DP Tiffins at around 28% off MSRP.

Tiffin price sheets are posted on the Tiffin RV Network.

www.tiffinrvnetwork.com
Right on with the gas coaches as well, if dealer is dealing
Old 02-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Before you start doing any price comparisons, get yourself a 2014 Tiffin price sheet. You can get this by calling Tiffin or going to tiffinrvnetwork.com and searching on 2014 prices.

Two Tiffin dealers that will reliably give you at least a 25% discount from MSRP (without any hassle) are Sherman RV in Sherman, MS and Davis Motorhomes in Memphis. Tell either of them what you want (with options) and you will get a quote back very quickly.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #11

rvtraderonline in a good place to get familiar with pricing too. Most are listed as MSRP but the ones that aren't are the ones I look over.
irv2fan is offline   Reply With Quote