Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2019, 06:20 AM   #1

Shower door adjustment

Hello, we just picked up our 2015 Allegro 32SA this past weekend. Very pleased with our choice. After camping for one night to check things out, we noticed the shower door needs adjustment. You have to lift up on it to close from the outside but can't close it from inside. Has anyone had this problem? And know how to adjust? Thanks and any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kathy
kaltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2019, 06:35 AM   #2

Interested in an answer--have friend with Phaeton with exact same problem. I could not see how to adjust the door, but it needs lifting to get it to close at the lower unhinged corner. Could see some small screw heads in the plastic at top/bottom areas that may have something to do with adjustments.
'05 36TK3 Mobile Suites--retired but not forgotten
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:10 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Shower door adjustment

We had same problem with 2016 36LA - Good news/bad news good news it does have a screw adjustment at the top of the door. Bad news had to continually adjust it until it finally would not hold . Tiffin was awesome and since we bought new and the door was beyond repair - sent a new shower frame. I assume you have a used unit. I would call the service number and they will tell you how to correct the problem. They are aware of the problem.
P.S. - I noticed on 2018 36LA now have a sliding door. I don’t know if that is on all Tiffin units or not
dsisemore1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:10 AM   #4

Thanks so much, think we will call service. Was considering that as last resort!!

Kathy
Old 04-22-2019, 10:21 AM   #5

See next reply to my post!!
Old 04-23-2019, 12:01 PM   #6
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
We've got the same issue with our new-to-us Phaeton shower door. It sags/binds at the lower corner opposite the hinge. Will take a look for the screw on the top of the door (I'm assuming hinge side?).

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a 31SA and had a similar issue but mine turned out to be that stabilizers were causing the issue. The coach was not truly level causing the door to rack slightly
tjvogtiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:02 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
We've got the same issue with our new-to-us Phaeton shower door. It sags/binds at the lower corner opposite the hinge. Will take a look for the screw on the top of the door (I'm assuming hinge side?).
Lori-
Ours has done the same thing since new and it's a common problem with the Phaeton showers. There are three screws on the inside of the door frame on each side. The door frame is a U shaped channel extrusion that fits over another aluminum extrusion. If you remove the bottom two screws on each side, you can move the frame assembly left at the bottom which will raise the outside end of the door. Then drill small holes and reinsert the four screws. The other thing I've done is cut the wiper part of the door seal off of the bottom. With the lip on the inside that turns water back into the shower, the wiper on the bottom is really not needed.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:08 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
We have a 2016 36LA and just had our shower door fixed in Red Bay almost 3 weeks ago. It was so nice to not have to lift the door to open and close, and we were very happy the issue had been resolved. We were at the service center 2 more weeks and all was good. Then we headed west over the wonderful bumpy roads of Texas. Guess what? Yep, it’s dragging on the bottom again, although not as bad yet. The techs worked on it for an hour or so, adjusting those screws while lifting up on the door, and they even fixed where the rubber had worked itself away from the glass. They didn’t have replacement doors. I guess we are pretty much on our own now to adjust the door after we get tired of lifting it up to clear the bottom lip. In my opinion this is a design flaw in all the Tiffin motorhome that have this type of door. They should come up with a permanent fix and replace at their cost. We still love our motorhome and will go back to Red Bay again for service. You just can’t beat the cost.

Thanks. Steve
stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:05 AM   #10

Just in case the showers in Tiffins are like the shower in my Monaco the door problem is caused by the weight of the door bending the small diameter hinge pin at the top.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 06:21 PM   #11
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
I've noticed that door is awfully heavy. You'd have thought, since this problem has been around since your 05, they'd have either designed the door with lighter glass or a heavier pin.

L-
Old 04-28-2019, 06:54 PM   #12

had the same problem in our 36LA there is an adjustment screw at the top and bottom of the hinge,I loosend both lift the door and tighten the top screw then only snug bottom screw has held for a few weeks so far door doesn't drag at all.

Good luck
Rick
Old 04-28-2019, 10:01 PM   #13
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
How do you get to the screws? There's a frame on that hinged side of the door.

Lori-
Old 04-29-2019, 07:21 AM   #14

If you open the door they are visable from the inside of the shower at the top and btm of the hinge pin.

Tags
door, shower