Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #1

Here I am again...with just a little problem ...but because our shower enclosure is too far from the ceiling a big bunch of spatter winds up outside the shower enclosure on mirrors and floor! What are you doing to keep the spatter down? We've considered buying a different nozzle and moving it lower on the wall or some kind of curtains from ceiling to shower? Is the trouble purely with the TSP models or is it universal? Also, we're anxious for someone to post their Tiffin mods like folks have in the other coach-specific irv2 forums...
elgarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 PM   #2

Here I am again...with just a little problem ...but because our shower enclosure is too far from the ceiling a big bunch of spatter winds up outside the shower enclosure on mirrors and floor! What are you doing to keep the spatter down? We've considered buying a different nozzle and moving it lower on the wall or some kind of curtains from ceiling to shower? Is the trouble purely with the TSP models or is it universal? Also, we're anxious for someone to post their Tiffin mods like folks have in the other coach-specific irv2 forums...
Old 12-24-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
I don't know how much space there is above the shower walls in your rig, but if the shower head is higher then the walls, I could image some water does get splashed out of the shower.

In the Journey we had, I had tried several showerheads and ended up using one that had what I called a gentle rain output. The head didn't spray with a high velocity, but rather just showered the user with water. Perhaps the simples fix would be to try an adjustable shower head.

Another option might be to have your local home supply store cut some clear or smoked plexiglass to a narrow width that you could use to add height to the shower walls.

I just went back to look at the shower height in the rig we ordered and it appears that the shower top is pretty close to the ceiling. Is your shower that close?

Old 12-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

On our 2004 Bus the shower was a bit lower than the ceiling but we never had any splatter problem. However, this was a 40DP floorplan, which has a different shower arrangement than the TSP. Also, in 2005 the interior ceiling height was raised another 5". If they kept the same height shower door but raised the shower head, then I could see how that might contribute. Our 2007 Bus doesn't have that issue either but it's shower looks like this:

2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #5

Roof to shower stall is 9", and the nozzle shows above the stall. Mirrors and floor a mess after I shower...(not so bad after DW, but she's shorter!). From what you've said, Tiffin must have increased the roof height and forgot about the shower until the next year. I suppose that's why nobody but me (in an '05) is unhappy. I need to do something, just what isn't clear. Think I'll stroll around Home Depot.
Old 12-26-2007, 06:47 AM   #6

The shower head on my 2006 Allegro is on the end of a hose. No splashing at all. Works great. The same arrangement on my 1999 Allegro Bus
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 07:38 AM   #7

Magoo...is your '06 nine inches from the ceiling also? Mine's on a hose, as are all I've seen in RV's, but it is the placement above the height of the enclosure that's causing the splash. I like it that high for washing my head, but may have to find a second holder and mount it lower. Thanx for the reply.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:10 AM   #8

Don't know. Presently 150 miles away from RV at the Kids for the Holidays. I never leave my shower head on it's hook. Wash hair with shower head off& dangling until ready to rinse. Then, pick it back up & turn it back on. Since the Allegro is entry level, doubt that shower walls are very close to the ceiling. It doesn't have a lot that our Bus had, but it is new & everything works.
Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #9

Gary,

We have an '05 TSP, like you, but have never had a splatter problem. The distance of our shower stall from the ceiling is 9", also. We're both under 6', so maybe that has something to do with it.

Our shower (and I'm sure yours, too) looks much like the pic that Cruzer posted, except the door swings the opposite way. Our shower head was mounted with the head just above the stall height. It's in an adjustable bracket, that allows us to angle the hose/shower head more straight down, if we want. We're here in AZ for the winter and the water pressure is over 75 psig. I don't use a regulator, so I would think if it was going to splash, the higher pressure would help make a mess. One other thing - we always use the full shower spray - not the high speed pulse massager. Maybe that's what causing the water to splatter???

We did install a "push-button" on-off valve between the shower head and the flexible hose. We use that valve if we're dry-camping for any length of time. Maybe that valve restricts the water just enough - don't know for sure.

I'm sure that what I wrote doesn't help you much. It's not much fun to find a mess that you have to clean up. Sounds like you just may be too tall. Everyone taller than 5'10" looks down to me.

Good luck.

Chuck
Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
cdressel,
Welcome to IRV2, I have a 03 Jeep as well, just love it!

2 Boys & My Pups
NYMoose "Lenny" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #11

Location: Atlanta, GA. , South Beach, FL. Naples, Fl , Coral Gables,FL.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Reply </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cressel, Welcome to iRv2.com
george henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #12

For Chuck: Thanx for your input. I have found that by turning down the pressure, the splatter is greatly reduced and not an issue anymore...but I sure miss that hard blast of warm water when I'm trying to wake up in the A.M.!! Thinking of cutting a 'wedge' out of the hose guide, and putting the shower head into that...then turning the pressure back up!! Will report back if that works in case other '05 owners have my problem.