Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #1

Side wall crack in Exterior paint?

Have Allegro Bus 45LP 2014 has 8 inch crack in exterior paint by Master bedroom right slider. Unit has 14,000 stored at home. Everything operates fine.

Chris
Charlotte NC
cgarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2021, 04:35 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Contact Tiffin customer service. That may be covered or partially covered under the structural warranty.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 12:44 PM   #3

Stress Crack Tiffin Allegro Bus

Thanks Dan. On my hit list to contact Tiffin after the 4th….
I was hoping other Tiffin owner(s) may have had same experience with Tiffin Brand for this issue.

Chris
Lake Wylie SC
Old 07-05-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Tiffin Owners Club
Chris;

There have been reported incidents of this type but I thought it affected coaches older than the 2014s. Here are a few threads on the subject.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/cracked-364441.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/fib...ck-373119.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/200...ck-428833.html

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/fib...de-478058.html
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:28 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Hey Chris, thanks for the post. We noticed the crack about a year ago and I never did anything about it, actually forgot about it until now, it does jump out at you.

I wish I would have remembered because we have been to Red Bay twice in the last year and would have liked to have them look at the issue. Definitely will add to the list and have it looked at next trip to the mother land.

Hope you will keep us updated on what you find with your issue and how you get it fixed.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:21 AM   #6

Allegro Bus exterior wall crack

Thanks for the reply Scott,

I did contact Tiffin via phone, they are shut down for the week of the 4th, however I was able to talk to a tech, he advised that they will cover under warranty the crack that is at the master bedroom bed slide out.

I was also told that it is first come first serve even on Paint and body work at Red Bay. I can not make an appointment, so bring the coach to Red Bay, get in line stay with the coach. I Haven’t a clue how that will work on paint and body.

Next week after the shut down I will get a email stream going with Tiffin Service Support and get the protocol for this procedure, as I believe I can get local quotes from approved providers for this work. We will see.

I will keep all advised on my adventure…

Thanks,
Chris Garvey
Lake Wylie, SC
Old 07-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
That's great news that it is covered Chris. I guess the only bad thing is the whole get in line and wait. When we have gone in the past we try to go in the "winter time" after the snow birds head south or the middle of summer and plan to hold up for a bit. We've been lucky, never waited more than two days to be called in but it wasn't for paint work.

If you go and want a bit more than a gravel lot give Red Bay Acres a try. Really nice place to stay with a restaurant and a few amenities. Look forward to your updates and getting the issue resolved.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarvey View Post
Thanks for the reply Scott,

I did contact Tiffin via phone, they are shut down for the week of the 4th, however I was able to talk to a tech, he advised that they will cover under warranty the crack that is at the master bedroom bed slide out.

I was also told that it is first come first serve even on Paint and body work at Red Bay. I can not make an appointment, so bring the coach to Red Bay, get in line stay with the coach. I Haven’t a clue how that will work on paint and body.

Next week after the shut down I will get a email stream going with Tiffin Service Support and get the protocol for this procedure, as I believe I can get local quotes from approved providers for this work. We will see.

I will keep all advised on my adventure…

Thanks,
Chris Garvey
Lake Wylie, SC
Any updates on the Tiffin paint and body shop??
SuperDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDad View Post
Any updates on the Tiffin paint and body shop??
I’m trying to get a window that I can allow two weeks in Red Bay. Since its body work the express service will not factor for time. I do have a small “punch list” as I’m looking to sell the coach in the near future after the wall issue. I hoping to get all done this month.

Will keep all in the loop.
Chris

Tags
paint