Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2019, 07:15 PM   #1

Slide controls panel non-functional

2017 32br Breeze with VMM network - switch panel for slides located in the bin over driver's seat has quit working. I need to know if this panel has internal lighting like all other panels because this one is currently dark leading me to believe either it or the wire to it has failed.

Slide controls in hall panel works fine so there no issue with the slides or their controls, just that this panel stopped working overnight.
pdeinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If it’s a standard Spyder panel, it should be lit, unless it’s a older grey LCD display. You can try unplugging it and plugging it into the cable you know is good at the other Spyder panel. If it works you’ll know it’s the cable connection.
Those small connectors that look like a telephone connector have been known to go bad due to improper crimping . I have had to replace one for the door controls at the G8 main panel.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 12:32 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Gary made a good suggestion but let me add to it. Pop the cover off the panel and remove the screws holding it to the cabinet. Pull the wire out and using a pair of pliers re-crimp the squeeze connectors. They are known for not making good contact. The other thing you can try is unplug the panel and plug it into the NET port on the main Spyder panel and see if it works. If not, then it's a defective panel. These have been known to get "zapped" by static discharge from a finger.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:26 AM   #4

As I stated, it's the VMM network, not Spyder. And I've already disconnected and reconnected the cable with no change.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:19 AM   #5

Have you tried turning everything off for about 5 minutes and the turn everything back on (Both chassis and house batteries switches), I have a 2015 Allegro Red and I have had this issue twice and it was corrected this way.

Good luck
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Have you tried turning everything off for about 5 minutes and the turn everything back on (Both chassis and house batteries switches), I have a 2015 Allegro Red and I have had this issue twice and it was corrected this way.

Good luck
I've turned off the house batteries but not the chassis ones...I'll try that now!

To my other question, is your slide control panel, presuming you have one over the driver's seat, lit up or not?

Tags
panel, slide