Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2021, 09:11 AM   #1

Slipping quality

We currently own a 2018 Phaeton 40 IH and are fulltimers I workamp doing rv park rebuilds and the DW works from the rv, we are going back to a 5th wheel for more room and the fact that we tend to stay stationary for long periods , but to get to the actual point here , we looked at a couple of Beacons and I was not happy with the build quality , trim work was poor ,sloppy cuts ,gaps and poor fit , bowed interior wall ,sloppy wiring and more and we thought ok maybe it was just this 1 rig but nope went and looked at another and many of the same issues. Now with any RV there are going to be issues we've had 5 now going for #6 And I can fix issues and have ,but the problems I have seen are just blatant and unacceptable , we love our Phaeton and Tiffin service is top notch but Vanleigh needs to slow production and spend a little more time on the QC aspect , people will be willing to wait if they are ordering as long as it is done right .
Unfortunately we won't be buying a Vanleigh as we decided to go with another brand even if we will have to wait 14 to 18 weeks for it to be built
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2021, 10:07 AM   #2

Agreed. Spending another 8 hours per unit would probably make a HUGE difference. At a Tiffin price point quality control should be better than it is. The old saying that you get what you pay for doesn't seem to matter as much any more. Makes you wonder how bad the cheaper units are!
mikervet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:13 PM   #3

You think the Vanleigh quality is bad now, wait till Thor really takes over the production.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:17 AM   #4

Vanleigh took over four months to build our 2022 Vilano 377FL. This was two months more than when they said they would be sending it to us. They had a lot of time to build it and I have an album full of pictures of really crappy "craftmanship". We have been in our RV for almost a month and they have yet to respond to my calls and emails about all of the quality issues.
KirbyKampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:41 AM   #5

Hope links are allowed. RV dealers complaining about lack of quality

https://www.rvtravel.com/dealers-sta...upgrade-1018b/
Old 09-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Gosh I keep reading these posts. Each day I read these it just firms up my plan to hold onto mine until Iím done with RVís. It has been a real pain to get where I am now. Happy with the performance now, but Lord it took some patience. Would love a slightly bigger rig with a bigger shower, and some other things. But my desire for these things donít outweigh the new misery of getting a different coach. Perhaps the right used one will work. But canít even go there right now. Wondering if these manufacturers would take a little less profit and pay higher wages, would these coaches be in better shape. I donít even know what the assemblers get paid, but I have a feeling the guys/gals that built mine werenít too happy with the pay. Could be wrong, but most of my issues are assembly/finish.
Part Timers-Looking Fwd to being Anytimers
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 09:37 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quality starts with upper management, plain and simple. Its up to them to do the investing in training and wages knowing where we are at in the current and future labor challenges. Manufacturers really need to step up. Invest in the newest building technology's and prefab methods would really take a lot of stupidity out of the build process. Unfortunately, they cant seem to get out of their own mouse trap. For the rest of the employee's, well, they are just along for the ride.
Props2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality