Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Angry Solid surface upgrade

When ordering my new 34PA in Jan 2021 i purchased the $1600.00 solid surface upgrade.
In early June when I picked up my new motor-home the bedroom vanity top and bed side rails did not have the upgrade.
I know that some of the older units I looked at before my purchase had the upgrade through out the MH including the bedroom, Tiffin says they dont install Solid surface in the bed room, my question is then what did I pay for and how do I get the solid surface vanity?
Note, solid surface kitchen and bathroom are std, fire place mantel?
The only other surface is in the bed room.
Any one else have this issue?
TIFFIN34PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2021, 09:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFFIN34PA View Post
When ordering my new 34PA in Jan 2021 i purchased the $1600.00 solid surface upgrade.
In early June when I picked up my new motor-home the bedroom vanity top and bed side rails did not have the upgrade.
I know that some of the older units I looked at before my purchase had the upgrade through out the MH including the bedroom, Tiffin says they dont install Solid surface in the bed room, my question is then what did I pay for and how do I get the solid surface vanity?
I have a 2017 Fleetwood Bounder but... I have the LX package which includes the solid surface upgrade.
My coach has solid surfaces for... Kitchen counter & backsplash, booth table, cockpit table, driver & passenger wall shelfs, fireplace mantel, cabinet next to couch, bedroom vanity top, bed side rails.
I would be surprised if your Tiffin didn't have all that too. I wonder if they will blame the pandemic for not having all of the solid surface pieces needed?
415cid V10 gasser / 6speed / Dana S130 with 5:38's
Towing 2018 F-150 Lariat 3.5EB / 10speed / 3:55's
77Travco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 09:15 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Back in 2018 the only solid surface upgrade for our 32SA was for the backsplash. Could that be it?
RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 11:10 AM   #4

Quote:
My 2021 34PA is the same as yours. The solid surface upgrade includes the dinette and the fireplace mantel only. If you look back on RV Trader at older 34PA's, it looks like it has always been this way.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:13 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I have seen it in older Tiffins, I purchased a Tiffin because it is suppose to be the top of the line but Fleetwood has the upgrade and Tiffin does not?
When it comes to the back splash mine is glass tile not a solid surface.
$1600 for the dinette and the fireplace mantel, they should be more specific on the order form.
When I saw solid surface upgrade I assumed it would be all the surface not just 2 for $1600.00.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:35 PM   #6

Quote:
I have seen it in older Tiffins, I purchased a Tiffin because it is suppose to be the top of the line but Fleetwood has the upgrade and Tiffin does not?
When it comes to the back splash mine is glass tile not a solid surface.
$1600 for the dinette and the fireplace mantel, they should be more specific on the order form.
When I saw solid surface upgrade I assumed it would be all the surface not just 2 for $1600.00.
I mis-spoke about my fireplace mantel. Everything else is as I stated. My kitchen backsplash is made of some kind of glass. Surface tops in my bathroom are also solid surface but toilet and sink are porcelain. This is what I have...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	343982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 3.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	343983  

Name:	Interior 5.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	343984  
Old 09-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLURay View Post
My 2021 34PA is the same as yours. The solid surface upgrade includes the dinette and the fireplace mantel only. If you look back on RV Trader at older 34PA's, it looks like it has always been this way.

Pay close attention when they are in the bedroom and you can see the solid surface bed sides
Old 09-23-2021, 03:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Pay close attention when they are in the bedroom and you can see the solid surface bed sides
Yep, I see that in the video... My Fleetwood has solid surface bedsides... I'm thinking that maybe you need to make a call to Tiffin and see what they have to say about it? Maybe they hoped that you would never notice? Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Interior 7.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	343988   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior 8.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	343989  

Old 09-23-2021, 04:39 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Hmmmm….We had solid surface in the kitchen and bathroom with the optional solid surface back splash in both. The mantle and dinette table were also solid surface. All the solid surfaces were the same color. The bedroom night stands and table top under the TV were not solid surface and were also of a different color than the kitchen and bathroom. From what I can ascertain from your video the bedroom night stands are the same as the kitchen and bathroom. Either they are a good match to the solid surfaces or they are indeed the same solid surface material. Best of luck hunting this one down. 

RichdlP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What is a solid surface upgrade?
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Definitely looks like solid surface on the bed sides. We looked for 2 years before we bought ours and never saw one like that. Even in the Open Road brochure, it states the solid surface upgrade is the dinette and mantel, so we didn't expect anything other than what we have. Makes you wonder if he had that custom installed, but I don't see any other non-factory items in the video.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 13020 MY21 Open Road Brochure.pdf (31.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
What is a solid surface upgrade?
It is an option for the solid surface (Corian like) upgrade on the dinette and small section below the fireplace (if so equipped on select floorplans). Standard is a Formica like material. The discussion here is if that option includes the bed side pieces and vanity below the TV in the bedroom on a 34PA.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:37 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLURay View Post
Definitely looks like solid surface on the bed sides. We looked for 2 years before we bought ours and never saw one like that. Even in the Open Road brochure, it states the solid surface upgrade is the dinette and mantel, so we didn't expect anything other than what we have. Makes you wonder if he had that custom installed, but I don't see any other non-factory items in the video.
Here is a pic of my order form, it just says additional solid surface upgrade.
Cost more then I thought too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20210924_145603354.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	344029  
Old 09-24-2021, 10:42 AM   #14

I was unable to determine the model year of the Tiffin in the video, but if it is a 2021, it definitely has solid surface bed sides.

If the video is of a 2021, a call to Tiffin, as suggested by 77Travco is certainly warranted, just to get some explanation as to why that coach had solid bed sides but yours does not. Of course, a clarification of "Additional solid surface upgrade" is necessary.

Regardless of the year of the coach in the video, you know that there used to be solid surfaces in the bedroom and that was your expectation when ordering the upgrade.
Ljwt330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, upgrade