Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-27-2022, 10:51 PM   #1

Splitters not lighting up

Used my 2016 Phaeton 36GH last week and TVs ,DISH Sat all worked. Came home and turned off Sat and Wally off. Went out today and no signal to Andy TV’s. Thought it was Wally but wired the Wally direct to a TV and Sat Picture was great. Checked the two 1x8 HDMISplitter STP Cats Cable cables on back an checked the cables in. Checked the power plugs and they have power. But no lite on the power or status lights. Flipped the on/off power stitch. Only thing that happened is the fan on cover fell and pulled the two wires out of the fan contact. Tried to solder back no luck so order a new fan on Amazon tonight fo a Monday delivery. I have fan switch on. But no fan.
Is there a fuse I’m missing? Looked all over. I’ve had the coach 1 1/2 years now and always Hoped I would not have to do with the two splitters and all the wires,..
Any Ideas???My wife health doesn’t allow her out of the coach much,
so she needs the Tv to keep her company…
Thank for any thoughts… Hope its simple.

Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2022, 08:03 AM   #2

My 36LA did something very similar in July of this year after 4 years. Worked fine one day, next day no satellite to any of the TV's. The lights on one of the two splitters didnt light up or, would light up intermittently and not all of them at that. I swapped HDMI splitters and satellite worked. I found several newer versions on Amazon but in the end I called Tiffin b/c I didn't want to deal with cable and power connections that may not reach. They had the exact replacement and overnighted to me at Bluewater Key. It was plug and play. Just needed a few pieces of velcro to secure it to the other unit. I think I paid $200ish including shipping?

Paul
StaRVGazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 08:25 AM   #3

I had a similar problem. In my case the switch on the HDMI was bad and did not close. I soldered so would always be on and the HDMI gets turned on by the switch on the outside of the cabinet.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 10:31 AM   #4

Just a short follow up. I called Tiffin this am and they say the Splitters most likely died and they are sending me two new ones… Can’t beat that… Just have to pick up a park that has cable this weekend..

Thanks for the reply’s. They helped.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
The 1x8 splitters and their associated power supplies were notorious for failing. Hopefully they are sending you the newer 1x4 splitters that run much cooler than the 1x8s. Just for future reference, the J-Tech splitters available on Amazon work fine. It's around $200 for a splitter and four Cat6 to HDMI converters. I didn't think Tiffin would cover ours since we're well out of warranty so I bought replacements.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light