Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-05-2022, 09:56 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 18
Spyder control info

We have had our slides redone with the Vroom system, which so far works beautifully with no problems. However we thought there was a problem - the driver side slide would come in to a certain point and then stop. After a few seconds wait it would start again, after releasing and engaging the switch, and finish retracting. Then the kitchen slide did the same. This did not happen on every retract. Decided to contact Spyder and found out that there is an issue with the communication between the chair control and the main board. We are the 11th owner to report this issue but Spyder has not looked at the issue (they told us "no fix") although they are aware of it. Apparently they are very busy and it's not a big enough issue to get their attention. It has seemed to stop happening for now. Just thought I would let everyone know that this is happening in case anyone else has the same thing going on. I guess if it happens enough Spyder will look at it.
FloHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2022, 11:12 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
RVingnuts's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 18
We are having the same issues with a brand new Phaeton just delivered. They moved the control buttons to the columns behind the seats. I have already complained to Tiffin as well. Apparently the issue is the wireless communication with the receivers down in the bay. It is located close to other electronics and is generating some interference. The new controls are detachable, even though they are not designed to be removed. Once removed and moved closer to the center of the coach, they do work without any problem.
RVingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ernieh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,698
Both of you need to put your coach model in your profile/signature so that we know what you are talking about.
__________________
ernieh
2019 Phaeton 37BH
ernieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:56 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Planeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Marietta, GA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingnuts View Post
We are having the same issues with a brand new Phaeton just delivered. They moved the control buttons to the columns behind the seats. I have already complained to Tiffin as well. Apparently the issue is the wireless communication with the receivers down in the bay. It is located close to other electronics and is generating some interference. The new controls are detachable, even though they are not designed to be removed. Once removed and moved closer to the center of the coach, they do work without any problem.
We are having the same problem. I will try to move my control buttons to the center of the coach and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestion Ssilingnuts.

Jeff and Brooke
2022 Phaeton 37BH
2014 Buick Enclave
Planeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:37 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
RVingnuts's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieh View Post
Both of you need to put your coach model in your profile/signature so that we know what you are talking about.
Interesting that the signature is not showing. I do have one and it is ticked to append to my posts.

We have a 2022 Phaeton 40IH on Freightliner chassis with a Cummins ISL 450HP.
__________________
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Freightliner XSH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
RVingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:38 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
RVingnuts's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingnuts View Post
Interesting that the signature is not showing. I do have one and it is ticked to append to my posts.

We have a 2022 Phaeton 40IH on Freightliner chassis with a Cummins ISL 450HP.
Now it did. Go figure!
__________________
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Freightliner XSH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
RVingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:31 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Posts: 18
Sheesh - I am always forgetting that my coach model info helps Allegro red 33al 2020
FloHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 05:39 PM   #8
Member
 
Thor Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Springfield, LA
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
We have had our slides redone with the Vroom system, which so far works beautifully with no problems. However we thought there was a problem - the driver side slide would come in to a certain point and then stop. After a few seconds wait it would start again, after releasing and engaging the switch, and finish retracting. Then the kitchen slide did the same. This did not happen on every retract. Decided to contact Spyder and found out that there is an issue with the communication between the chair control and the main board. We are the 11th owner to report this issue but Spyder has not looked at the issue (they told us "no fix") although they are aware of it. Apparently they are very busy and it's not a big enough issue to get their attention. It has seemed to stop happening for now. Just thought I would let everyone know that this is happening in case anyone else has the same thing going on. I guess if it happens enough Spyder will look at it.
I got tired of this happening to me so I just use the main panel in the hallway to run the slides in and out. There is a 10 second delay but the slides never stop on the way in or on the way out. I have a 2020 33AL.
__________________
Mike & Peggy
2016 Thor Palazzo 36.1
ETnRvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 0
I have the same problem. 2022 Phaeton 37BH
Coolinout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:56 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 145
Seems pretty obvious. The controls are up front for safety, but the chosen transmitters do not have enough strength. Just spec a different transmitter. Oh the bug, replace the ones that have been supplied so far. 2022 33aa same problem
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:43 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
RVingnuts's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAz View Post
Seems pretty obvious. The controls are up front for safety, but the chosen transmitters do not have enough strength. Just spec a different transmitter. Oh the bug, replace the ones that have been supplied so far. 2022 33aa same problem
Hi Ron. Do you mind elaborating? Do you know where to get the substitutes?
__________________
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Freightliner XSH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
RVingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 06:49 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Posts: 145
If I take the transmitter off the wall and hold it in the middle of the coach where it is not transmitting through the slides it works much better. I don't know if if it is transmitting to the main control panel or a hidden box somewhere, but it works better with a clear view down the middle.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 07:39 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
RVingnuts's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonAz View Post
If I take the transmitter off the wall and hold it in the middle of the coach where it is not transmitting through the slides it works much better. I don't know if if it is transmitting to the main control panel or a hidden box somewhere, but it works better with a clear view down the middle.
The receivers are down in the basement by the inverter.
__________________
2022 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH Freightliner XSH Cummins ISL9 450 HP
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
RVingnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:35 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
garykk's Avatar
 
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern NM
Posts: 2,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
Sheesh - I am always forgetting that my coach model info helps Allegro red 33al 2020
Just add it to your signature in your profile.
__________________
2018 Allegro Bus 37AP
2014 Phaeton 40 QBH (sold)
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spyder control panel in living room bepar108 Tiffin Owner's Forum 1 12-24-2019 07:43 PM
Spyder Control Panel pallencollin Entegra Owner's Forum 6 10-04-2018 02:32 PM
Poll: Spyder control; love it or hate it ? islandbum561 Truck Conversions 7 09-24-2018 05:58 PM
Spyder control panel issues on my Wayfarer 24BW MarkMaxPayne Tiffin Owner's Forum 8 08-05-2018 09:16 AM
Battery monitor kit and Spyder Control System integration harbortime RV Systems & Appliances 2 10-06-2017 06:42 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.