Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #1

Stink Bugs

Have a 2012 Tiffin 35 QBA which we purchased in October of 2012. The coach was purchased in Charlottesville Va .The coach has stink bugs and we are looking for suggestions of how to get rid of them . Any help will be greatly appreciated.
tazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #2

Google stink bug traps but don't think you'll ever be totally rid of them. They can get in via the smallest opening. I pulled my norcold and found tons of them back there. I see them trying to get in past the screens in the windows and door. Oh, and the vents too. They come inside for the winter and reappear when it warms up.

I just pick them up and either crush them or put them into soapy water (the toilet with dish soap) to drown.

I hope no one thinks I'm being cruel to the little guys!
mcbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrian
.....I hope no one thinks I'm being cruel to the little guys!
I have not heard of a stink bug protection and relocation program. Should anyone object - poke holes in a shoe box and send them their way. I have heard one other report of SB infestation. They handled it as you do.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #4

I had the same problem with a coach I bought. I used raid fogger. They are little cans you add water to and it creates a fog, unlike the ones that just spray. The first time I did it it killed a lot of bugs, but they would still show up. So I did it again a week or two later. I have not seen any lives ones for awhile, however I find dead ones from time to time. I should have done the storage bays also, but did not. Hopefully I am done, time will tell. Good luck.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
TGR

I use a can of compressed air turned upside down to get rid of them. It freezes them quickly. No smell either.
TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I've been down South for three weeks now and they have finally started to come out of their hiding places. We've noticed a big drop off of them in Maryland the last couple of years and so coach infestation has dropped as well. We try and get rid of as many as possible in the fall and then just kill the rest when they reappear in the Spring. Their main food source is fruit so they aren't going to hurt anything in your coach.

But they are really disgusting looking...
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Fortunately, they don't sting, bite or go after people or food.

They do indeed stink if squeezed or crushed.

About all you do is catch 'em and flush 'em or put them in a container for disposal.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post

I have not heard of a stink bug protection and relocation program. Should anyone object - poke holes in a shoe box and send them their way. I have heard one other report of SB infestation. They handled it as you do.
We ran an SB relo program, Oct to March. Left PA. 100s left when I rolled out the awning at 1st stop. Then dozens, then less and less until about 2 weeks ago.

I dont think they eat cactus, so they may not make it in the SW.

Now, going back to PA. Plan to leave before they look for wintering hideouts.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #9

There is nothing that will continue to kill them on contact after the first application. However, I have used RAID FUMIGATOR with great success. I normally set off one canister in the motorhome in the late fall when I put it in storage, and the stink bugs are looking for a place to hibernate, and again in late winter/early spring when they are starting to come out of hibernation. RAID FUMIGATOR contains 12.6% Permethrin which is the only pesticide certified for home use that is effective on these Asian Stink Bugs. When used as directed it kills everyone of them in the motorhome. Just have to go around and vacuum them up.
lllkrob is offline   Reply With Quote