RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #1

Stoltzfus RV Sales

Hello fellow Tiffin owners how has your experience been with Stoltzfus Rv in Pennsylvania?
Any recommendations as to the sales staff? I will be inquiring about a new bus.

TIA

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2020, 01:32 PM   #2

Hi, my experience was not very good. Over a year ago I sent out build sheets to ten dealers for our new Red. The Stoltzfus price was middle of the pack. I live in the Northeast so I preferred buying from someone closer to home. I negotiated with them to a price about $2500 higher than my best quote but because of location we decided to buy from them and gave them a deposit (after confirming via email the price matched our build sheet). Later the same day they called me to say they had made an error in the pricing versus what was on my build sheet and that they needed another $1300 on top of our agreed to price. I told them no way we agreed to a number and I was already paying a premium from my three low bidders. They offered me a deal on an extended warranty (again increasing my price) and a full tank of diesel. Long story short, I canceled the deal, got my deposit back and bought from Sherman RV and couldn’t have been happier. I have read good and bad reviews on them, but my experience was not good. Good luck with your search and new bus!

Old 01-13-2020, 01:46 PM   #3

l, like RedRover37BA, tried to negotiate a deal for my current Phaeton. Kept getting changing price quotes and would not agree to a firm offer. Told them to forget it. Get this, they kept calling me back with special offers that were higher than what I had turned down. A total bunch of Idiots. Then they told me if I didn't buy it from them they would not do any warranty repairs on a coach I bought somewhere else. I told them to take their offers and threats and shove them where the sun don't shine.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #4

Pete, If you travel a little I bet you can save $15,000 to $30,000 over your local dealer. find the 3 dealers near red bay they will give you the best price.
the sights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #5

I thought it would be a good idea to let folks know that there are actually two Stoltzfus RV dealerships in eastern PA. One dealership is in Adamstown, and one is in West Chester. I forget the exact story of why they have the same name, but I don't believe there is any business relationship between the two.

The dealership in Adamstown mostly has trailers, though they do have the occasional trade-in motorhome along with a few new Thor gassers. The dealership in West Chester is larger and has a much wider selection.

I haven't purchased from either, but since I live only three miles from the Adamstown dealership, I've done some business with their parts and service department. I'd like to mention that their parts prices are generally excellent, often beating online prices, and I've gotten more than enough free advice from their service techs for me to sing their praises. (I was even allowed to use a few of their tools once to complete a repair in their parking lot! No charge!)

Based on the type of motorhomes being discussed here, I'd have to assume it's the West Chester dealership being discussed, and I'd hate for the Adamstown dealership's reputation to be sullied because of the West Chester dealership's monkey business.

Thanks,
MathComp
Old 01-13-2020, 09:17 PM   #6

Yes, I was dealing with West Chester. Of the dealers I got pricing from the three best were Sherman, Ingram and North Trail, all within $500 of each other and about 28% off MSRP. I hear Davis is also competitive. Good luck!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:08 AM   #7

Thanks for the reply, Yes Wet Chester. Back in 2016 I was at the dealership inquiring on a 2017 32 SA they gave me a price on paper wich said close now. Told them I would consider the offer and was not buying today and went for a walk around the lot. Dw was in the coach when I came back there was another price drop. I was also informed if we don't buy from them they would not perform work on my coach if bought elsewhere. Eight months later bought from North Trail Tampa, PDI and delivery tutorial was exceptional as was the price.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:19 PM   #8

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Well I purchased a new 2019 Open Road 32SA from them last March. I did my due diligence and got quotes from Sherman and Davis. I took the best quote from Davis and gave it to Frank Baylor their salesman. I said match this on the new coach I was looking at and you got a deal. The build sheets were exactly alike. Not only did they match the price I got an additional $1K discount from Frank.

I have been back twice for service from them and I must say they have been great. My second service time there I gave them a punch list of about 8 items and they took care of them all.

They did say that they really only want to do service on Tiffin coaches that they sell. But I also know if you call Tiffin and say you need them to do the work that they will do it.

I am also from Northeast PA and wanted a dealer closer to home than Red Bay Alabama. I have been back to Red Bay and they were awesome. But Stoltzfus is only 2 hrs away. They have been very helpful and courteous every time I have been there. They have a huge dealership and blow out a lot of different large Motorhomes.

JCP
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 03:57 AM   #9

JCP thanks for the feedback, as my signature notes I'm in Stroudsburg. I like your approach to obtaining quotes from other dealers. Frank Baylor made the correct decision. Good to here there service dept treated you well,
Old 01-27-2020, 01:11 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
I have been dealing with Stoltzfus of West Chester since 2012 and I have to say that I have had some negative situation with them but on the flip side, I have had some excellent situation with them. My former service advisor for instant was a very untruthful person and never would return calls on the status of any repairs. The young lady they replaced him with is the exact opposite, Great to deal with. Another situation was when I attempted to purchase a new rig with them several months ago, And who ever they decided to do banking with, wanted me to have an extra $100,000.00 cash on hand beside what I was putting down and the value of my trade on an excellent credit score. From my understanding they fired this person as well. I am now attempting to purchase a similar Tiffin coach as before and it has been a totally different experience, thanks to Frank Bailor. So I say all of this, to say that if they continue to weed out the ugly, They will be a excellent place to deal with again as they have been in the past.

HerbieHauler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sale