Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2023, 07:04 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Just to add an aside to this conversation, the TVs in my MH aren't smart, so I added a Roku stick to them for streaming via the internet. We sometimes stay at Cracker Barrels, and they have wifi service. We often use it to watch TV at night.

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2023, 05:13 AM   #16

Smart TV vs Stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwood27 View Post
Just to add an aside to this conversation, the TVs in my MH aren't smart, so I added a Roku stick to them for streaming via the internet. We sometimes stay at Cracker Barrels, and they have wifi service. We often use it to watch TV at night.

Sent from my SM-A515U using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Good point! While ours are smart (2022 coach) we have the HDMI to ETH adapters for all the TVs so our choice was to put one Apple TV in the back, plug it into the BlueRay and then "liven up" every TV in the coach with the same smart device. Works out well as long as we have internet.

Do wish the antennae was connected to a device that would have taken all the discovered channels and then connected them to a box like all the TVs, then we would only have to scan once when we drop chocks and all the TVs would share the same "scan".

Thinking of trying an HDHomeRun like at home, perhaps that would work.

Anyone do that?
TheVardells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 09:58 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogulite View Post
We’ve recently purchased a 2019 34pa and have been enjoying the dish satellite system. I just can’t figure out how to stream Netflix etc. on the TV. Once I activate my Winegard Connect, will the TV recognize that modem?

The previous owner was using Spectrum for a data plan. We’re currently in Alberta, Canada. Can I try to activate the Winegard Connect and use it here or should I wait until we’re back in the states where Spectrum is available?

Thanks, Steve
Did you have to take the TV off the wall to get your modem / internet to work??? We would like to be able to either a Fire Stick or Ruku; we really don’t want to take the TV off the wall and it doesn’t appear the TV is on a Bracket that can be easily removed. We can’t get access for the HDMI or USB to hook in our computer. Any help is appreciated.
Dotcomwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 07:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dotcomwill View Post
Did you have to take the TV off the wall to get your modem / internet to work??? We would like to be able to either a Fire Stick or Ruku; we really don’t want to take the TV off the wall and it doesn’t appear the TV is on a Bracket that can be easily removed. We can’t get access for the HDMI or USB to hook in our computer. Any help is appreciated.
I am assuming this TV is mounted on a wall and is not your front overhead TV. If you look at the bracket from the side, you should see one or two screws near the bottom of the bracket that will be facing you. Remove those and lift up on the TV to remove it. It is very easy to do. Make sure you don't move the TV too far as there will be cables attached to it.

You will see the HDMI ports. Use the one that you don't normally use much. Such as, if you seldom watch DVD's, use that one. You can plug your Roku or other such device into that port. Assuming you chose the DVD port, to stream, turn on the TV and select DVD as your source. Your Roku image will appear and you can set up the Roku.

Speaking of Roku. I have both Roku and Apple TV at home. I much prefer the Apple TV as it is easier to use and reacts faster. Also, if you have an Apple phone, when you are searching for something to stream, you will be prompted to select the iphone keyboard to use to enter information. It costs considerably more but, in my opinion, it is worth it.
jerhofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:02 AM   #19

IPTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhofer View Post
I am assuming this TV is mounted on a wall and is not your front overhead TV. If you look at the bracket from the side, you should see one or two screws near the bottom of the bracket that will be facing you. Remove those and lift up on the TV to remove it. It is very easy to do. Make sure you don't move the TV too far as there will be cables attached to it.

You will see the HDMI ports. Use the one that you don't normally use much. Such as, if you seldom watch DVD's, use that one. You can plug your Roku or other such device into that port. Assuming you chose the DVD port, to stream, turn on the TV and select DVD as your source. Your Roku image will appear and you can set up the Roku.

Speaking of Roku. I have both Roku and Apple TV at home. I much prefer the Apple TV as it is easier to use and reacts faster. Also, if you have an Apple phone, when you are searching for something to stream, you will be prompted to select the iphone keyboard to use to enter information. It costs considerably more but, in my opinion, it is worth it.
Great info and detail, thanks!

To restate as I think I do not understand or do not know the coach set up folks have. If you had a Blue Ray player installed that went to all the TVs...there is not need to take that TV off the wall if you had that set up and want to use some adapters (possibly) or an Apple TV. If you find your DVD player, and take the HDMI that was plugged into that and plug it into the Apple TV, then every TV that was seeing the BlueRay content will now be getting the Apple TV content which has apps for Hulu, Netflix, Disney, etc.

Am I not understanding what you wanted OP? I love this tech stuff, like a lot
-B
TheVardells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 06:15 AM   #20

My 2017 32 SA is wifi capable but is not a smart TV. Solution for streaming unplug the satellite HDMI from the splitter in the AV cabinet. Plug the ROKU into the splitter with power. Connect the ROKU to my iPhone hot spot and done.
Old 05-29-2023, 04:55 AM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I left everything in place, but added an HDMI extender (male to female) to protrude from back of TV. Then added device to the extended HDMI (Roku, Firestick, whatever). If you want to use it just go to TV input & locate. Only plays on the TV where installed ... usually sufficient or do same on another TV if really required.
PI EMS HW50C, Safe-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer
bneumann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motor, motorhome, streaming