Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2022, 07:51 AM   #1

Tecma toilet

I have a 2017 Tiffin phaeton with a Thetford Tecma toilet. When using it, it work fine for 3to 5 times. Then it quits working. I’ve tried different things to get it to work. Checking wires, checking voltage, checking everything. It seem like when I move the controller around it will work for a few time again. Then it stops working again. Has anyone had this problem?
wishart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2022, 06:12 AM   #2

I haven’t had any issues but I do notice the button feel “fragile” and people have a tendency to push on it hard where a gentle push is all that’s required. Wonder if the little switch under the cover is going out.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 06:40 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
The timing of this subject, is perfect for me. Last weekend, the red full tank light displayed on the Tecma switch pad. My black tank wasn't even 1/3 full. I pressed the flush button for 8 to 10 seconds, and the toilet went through it's flushing process. The red light came back on. I drove with a half full black tank, and after returning from the trip, and dumping at the RV storage dump area (always use the tank sprayer 5 minute flushing after dumping the black tank), the Tecma toilet lighted display looked normal. Green light, where the red light was. By the way, we use our fresh tank/water pump for most of our journeys. As the light was green, I flushed the toilet again, and after the process, the green light was on. Everything looked as it should. But, again, during the weekend trip, when my wife pointed out that the toilet switch displayed a red full tank light, and that it wouldn't flush, I pressed one of the flush buttons (full flush) for about 8 to 10 seconds, and it activated the flushing process. Maybe something was lodged in front of where the Tecma toilet sensor is placed on the black tank? It's working fine now, so I'm not worrying about it. But, I'll be following this thread, to view any upcoming responses on this subject.
TomsMaHauL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 08:54 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
That's what they do. As long as it flushes with a long flush, you are ok. Wife suspects low fresh water is the culprit, but I can't see that as a problem. Who knows?
Old 03-23-2022, 09:08 PM   #5

The Tecma toilet sensors are easily fouled and give false yellow and red full signals that make you press and hold to override the warning. I just bypassed the sensors with 680 ohm resistors and the issues stop. Two toilets and four resistors, done. I just monitor my black tank levels on my See Level monitor instead. I have had a faulty switch on the Tecma #1 button. I had to press it just right to get it to work. In frustration I performed some rocket surgery on it and disassembled the #1 button, cleaned the metal dome and PCB contacts and reassembled the switch - and it didn't fix a thing. Grrrrr. I replaced the entire switch assembly afterwards and everything works great. I definitely don't recommend trying to repair the switch assembly. Not because my attempted repair didn't work but it really is rocket surgery to accomplish without doing more harm than good.
BonS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecm, tecma, toilet