Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-17-2019, 08:53 AM   #1

Televisions on the blink

We own a 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus and are experiencing intermittent signal loss on all of our television sets irrelevant to OTA, satellite, or Internet service. Usually the signal loss is only for a few seconds and restores.

Has anyone experienced this sort of anomaly?

Any leads are appreciated!

Thanks,
Birdshot
2018 Allegro Bus 40SP
2014 Honda CRV
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Flaky or overheating HDMI switch perhaps.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:03 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
If it's happening on both OTA and satellite it's not the HDMI splitter distribution system. Go to the settings menu in the TVs and make sure they are set at the right resolution. Not knowing what's in the new Buses, i would guess they need to be set for 1080i resolution but someone can correct me if it should be something else.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #4

Newer Tiffins have smart TVs. You may need to unplug each set to reset the TV's computer. You may want to power down and restart anything that is connected to the TVs as well. Cable Box,ant amp,especially the DVD.
Our living room set would loose signal and I was told to power down everything. have not had a problem since. I get messages about every week on my LG's asking if I want to download the most recent software to the TVs, which you can only do if you are connected to the internet in some way. I connect through the Hot Spot on my phone or through the Wineguard. This may not help your situation but it corrected mine. Sometimes I hate this new technology. Everything in a Tiffin has software!
Old 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #5

By any chance is your inverter turned off? That can cause momentary power interruptions when high load items cycle.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #6

We have a 2018 bus and had the same problem. When we were in Red Bay they found 3 things wrong with ours. We had one bad HDMI cable, one of our Dish receivers , and one of our splitter boxes was bad. They replaced the cable and the splitter box and connected to our other receiver and now works. Drove me crazy, how could all 3 things go bad at the same time.
Old 07-17-2019, 02:06 PM   #7

On our 2018 IH changing the resolution solved the problem. I was at a Tiffin rally and the guys from Triple H took care of it for me. I wasn’t around so I don’t know exactly what changes the made but they did tell me when talking with them they thought it was a settings problem. No issues since then so guess they were right.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:31 AM   #8

Thanks for the replies. I performed a hard reboot of the receivers and splitters. It resolved the issue. Again, many thanks!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
For those responding to this thread: How about a DVD player that plays the audio but all the tv's says something to the effect: "Video input signal not found".
Any thoughts on that
TIA 4 the replies
Reyfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 10:42 PM   #10
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyfeo View Post
For those responding to this thread: How about a DVD player that plays the audio but all the tv's says something to the effect: "Video input signal not found".
Any thoughts on that
TIA 4 the replies
The audio is coming from the surround sound compliments of the BluRay player. The video input signal is separate and requires the HDMI splitters to be turned on. There should be a switch in the AV cabinet to control them. If it is not working, you can try swapping the satellite splitter with the BluRay to see if it's a splitter problem or something else.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
television, vision