Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2014, 10:07 PM   #99

I see your still in Camp Red Bay. No fan clutch fix? So not everyone is having the problem your are having? How odd....
This will be number 3 or 4 fan clutch replacement? . One might think a regular fan and fan clutch with addition of dual electric fans might be a fix.
tiffin43qrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:03 AM   #100

Hi...

Came back for the new prototype fan clutch to be installed. It is not everyone, but their is quite a number of them. We just do not care to take the risk of driving away a long distance and needing to be towed. So we would rather try the new clutch.
David Bott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:08 AM   #101

Tiffin has had several fan gearbox problem designs with their Powerglide chassis over the past 5 years. Our 09 so far is original but many have been replaced. It would seem like a fan drive system would not be that difficult to design/build and function without so many failures.

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #102

David you get fixed? Hos did it go?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #103

Hi...New fan clutch now installed and in testing, which I watched, looks to be very solid. I watched it engage at 1800 rpm and it locked in solid. At the end you could still touch the clutch with your hand and it was not hot enough that you could not leave it on the main housing. We then drove it for 40 miles or so and all went well. Looking forward now to getting on the road and putting some miles on the coach.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
Hi...New fan clutch now installed and in testing, which I watched, looks to be very solid. I watched it engage at 1800 rpm and it locked in solid. At the end you could still touch the clutch with your hand and it was not hot enough that you could not leave it on the main housing. We then drove it for 40 miles or so and all went well. Looking forward now to getting on the road and putting some miles on the coach.
Wow, you could run for mayor in Red Bay. I think you have set the record for being stuck there. Better luck from now on.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #105

David is Tiffin putting the new clutch fix into production? As in all 14's they are building have the fix etc...
Wondering if i should go after a 14 or wait on a 15...
Thanks David...
Old 05-12-2014, 02:32 AM   #106

Really am finding your entire site and the build series useful and interesting. If we can get in gear and sell our GMC bus conversion, we will be looking for a new or new to is coach and you really have helped us lean further towards Tiffin. Thanks so much for all your time and many hours of work on this project.
Velda and Mel
RVSolomons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffin43qrp View Post
David is Tiffin putting the new clutch fix into production? As in all 14's they are building have the fix etc...
Wondering if i should go after a 14 or wait on a 15...
Thanks David...
Right now they are still using the original clutch as I have one of two test ones. Last I head, mid to end of April is when they will get the first shipment that they will start to use. You surely will be able to get a new one after they have them is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVSolomons View Post
Really am finding your entire site and the build series useful and interesting. If we can get in gear and sell our GMC bus conversion, we will be looking for a new or new to is coach and you really have helped us lean further towards Tiffin. Thanks so much for all your time and many hours of work on this project.
Velda and Mel
Glad we could help and that you enjoyed the series. We put a lot of time into it and glad it has helped others.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:40 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bott View Post
Right now they are still using the original clutch as I have one of two test ones. Last I head, mid to end of April is when they will get the first shipment that they will start to use. You surely will be able to get a new one after they have them is my guess.......
David: will you please "clarify" what you meant by the above in bold. THANKS. Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:31 PM   #109

Sorry...Wrong month, I lost track of time.

Correction...

Last I head, mid to end of June is when they will get the first shipment that they will start to use.

-------------

Seeing I just got it, and thus am testing it in real world road use, I meant next month, thus June.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #110

Thanks David.... When are you leaving Red Bay and putting the new fan clutch to test? I am thinking about waiting on hearing about your road test to go with the 2014 or the 2015.... Thanks again David
Old 05-13-2014, 07:46 AM   #111

We plan to head out tomorrow, Wednesday. You can follow along on the Live Cam page that has an image taken out our windshield and a GPS tracker below that.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM   #112

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Congrats on your new coach, it is beautiful. You guys did such a nice job with the build process and video's. Learned so much as it was fun to watch.
Great job.
Good luck with your test run. Love the kayak too.
Safe travels
Enjoy..........
See ya on the road someday.
Joe
jjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote