Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2021, 04:14 PM   #15

I don't know about the AI, but I sure wish I had my 33AA back. Should never have sold that coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2021, 04:22 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
We had a 2016 RED 33AA that we purchased brand new from Tiffin, our second Tiffin, after our 2014 Allegro gasser. We had major quality problems with the Allegro, and even more quality problems with the RED. On top of that, it handled very poorly because of the short wheelbase and large rear overhang, plus it was underpowered with the 340hp engine. We traded it in for a 2018 Tiffin Phaeton 40IH, but it, too had many quality issues. So many, in fact, that it sat at LaMesa RV for 3 months waiting to get fixed. After 3 months, we gave up on getting it fixed and we went to Winnebago and have been extremely happy with that choice. Hardly any quality issues whatsoever. We now have a 2021 View D model Class C that fits our needs perfectly, and is a pleasure to drive.
paultho72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:29 PM   #17

Thumbs up 33 red

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
We are thinking about buying a Tiffin red 33al. Would like feedback from anyone who has one (or close in size) re satisfaction with how it Rides/drives. Or any other info you care to share. Thanks.
I bought a 2019 33 red new, had it for 1 1/2 years ( this was my 5th class A) -- depending how you want to uses it . I started using it for short runs but later changed to logger time outs on the road. If you are thinking short runs its great but if you go longer runs ( 4 to 12 mouths there's just not much storage. The length is great for parking, fuel usage is 10 to 14 miles per gal., I had no problems with Tiffin getting parts & giving advice. Far as dealerships ---There is some good ones and a lot of bad ones. I did most of my own work on mine-- between Tiffin, friends that know what there doing and iRV Forums the coach had no problems.
LYRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:56 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
The 33AA does not have the 2 white AC intake covers on the ceiling they have a quiet air system that uses intake vents on one side of the ceiling and exhaust vents on the opposite side which keeps the noise level down quit a bit. If you look at the ceiling in a 33 AA it will look much different than the AL series.

I understand now. Yes I have the discharge ducts but the intake is on the unit. Don’t like the noise at times but for the price I paid, it works fine for us. But I do understand it is a difference nonetheless. Thanks.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 05:05 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Trading in our 2017 33aa tomorrow and getting a Newmar Ventana 4369. We really enjoyed our 33aa. The layout was great for the two of us. Size allowed us to get in many state parks. Ride was OK. Shorter wheel base, even then our prior Holiday Rambler DP, made for some front to rear wobble at times. Installed a Safety Plus and this helped. Was planning to upgrade to Kona shocks to improve ride. Our biggest challenge was keeping the front of the coach cool in hot weather. I think this is a common problem and there are some different solutions on the Tiffin owners forum. I like the Magne Shade option.

I would buy our 33aa again back in 2017 knowing what I know now. We did multiple trips from FL to Montana, Moab, etc and it did great. The new 33aa's have many upgrades that were only on the Phaeton a few years ago. Salesman told me Red 2022 prices are going up big time...I think about $30-40K vs 2021. For fun, I looked at a new Red a few weeks ago and was very impressed.

Unless there are improvements from Tiffin, I think you should plan on adding Safety Plus and Magne Shade right away and possibly Kona Shocks over time. Good luck.

PS....check out the "Today is Someday" blog. They are a retired couple sharing their experiences in their 33aa as they travel full time across the country. A lot of their sharings involve experiences with their coach. It has helped me a number of times on things to do with my 33aa.
BeachedTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:53 PM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Buying a Tiffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
We are thinking about buying a Tiffin red 33al. Would like feedback from anyone who has one (or close in size) re satisfaction with how it Rides/drives. Or any other info you care to share. Thanks.
We purchased a 2018 Tiffin Allegro Bus, not a red and we enjoy it very much. All new coaches have issues and that is a fact. We've been back to Red Bay three times and although we had a list of items to fix Tiffin ALWAYS treated us fair and made every attempt to fix our issues in a timely fashion. I would strongly support your choice of a Tiffin Motor Home.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #21

Our 2019 33 AL has required several fixes, mainly for quality control deficiencies. We just completed a repair of a crack under the bedroom slide (our fourth visit to Red Bay). The RED 340 tows our Jeep Trailhawk with ease. The controls for the air suspension, which also levels the unit, are easy to operate and the ride is much better than any gasser we owned. As others have stated there is no electric cover for the steps, no hydraulics for anything (all three slide-outs are Schwintek), and the Spyder system is minimized. Our most frustrating problems have been with the slides. One has never failed, but the PS slide had to be remounted twice and the hardware "beefed-up". We were recently advised by a Tiffin tech that we should always have the engine running when operating the slides. So far that's worked well.

Plus side is that there are fewer "bells and whistle" items than higher-priced Tiffins and that means fewer things to go wrong. We have camped in all types of weather and the forced air gas furnaces do a good job of keeping us comfortable, but no heated floor. The newer RED340's have more options, but we are doing well with what we have.

Storage is abundant, the winterizing process is simple, and the Powerglide chassis has been nearly trouble free. In short, it's good value for the price. You get the same living space as more expensive units and the driving experience is much better that similar sized gassers.
tjh47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 10:34 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
2020 33aa

We bought our 2020 33AA last July. We are very happy with the RV. Once I got the front end aligned, Safe-T-Plus readjusted and the tire pressures set properly based on weight the handling is very good. The selling dealer set the all tires at 110. This is definitely too high. We like the power of the 360 Cummins and the Allison 3000 combination.

In the past, we would come back from an RV trip and there would always be something that we were not happy with... This trip - everything's great.

If you can swing it, I would upgrade to the 33AA.

Regards, Jerry
Old 12-27-2021, 12:22 PM   #23

Whats AAPL selling at? I'm thinking of shorting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Just purchased. 2017 33AA and will two delivery next week. We currently have a 2027 Tiffin32SA and
xrpb11a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:30 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpb11a View Post
Whats AAPL selling at? I'm thinking of shorting...
AAPL is up over 2% today at an all time high exceeding $180. Good thing you didn't short it last week.

P.S. in 1985, an equivalent share of today's AAPL stock sold for seven cents adjusted for splits.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 12:34 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWandering View Post
And no, Manufacturers do NOT make up MSRP and it should be on all websites. The dealers make it up, but not the OEM.
To the contrary, MSRP stands for MANUFACTURER'S suggested retail price and is designated as it says, by the manufacturer. As an example, see Entegra's website shown here, where the MSRP is clearly displayed by the manufacturer at right side of the page.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 01:12 PM   #26

Tiffin, not the Dealer, issues the MSRP. The same for all dealers. They also give the dealer a minimum selling price that you do not see. Not sure what happens if a dealer goes below this price. Tiffin does watch it though. Info from Tiffin, not the internet.
RonAz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, tiffin