Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #1

Thinking about buying Tiffin

We are thinking about buying a Tiffin red 33al. Would like feedback from anyone who has one (or close in size) re satisfaction with how it Rides/drives. Or any other info you care to share. Thanks.
FloHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
We are thinking about buying a Tiffin red 33al. Would like feedback from anyone who has one (or close in size) re satisfaction with how it Rides/drives. Or any other info you care to share. Thanks.
I have a new 2021 Tiffin 33 AA. This is my third Class A, and second Tiffin. I think it actually rides very good, much better than my 2019 32SA Gasser.

I installed a Safety Plus steering Stabilizer, that also helps to keep the coach from wandering. And help tremendously if you get a front tire blow out while driving.

I have some issues but nothing drastic. My solar panels are not reading correctly on the remote viewer, and need some rubber molding adjusted. It had TPMS errors when delivered but my dealer sent it to Freight Liner and they re-flashed or replaced a sensor.

So far I have about 1500 miles on the coach and I am a happy camper.

Love the heated floors, washer & dryer, Spyder control panel, Televator TV, Digital dash, Wi-FI ranger, much more room with 4 slides, and more.

Some dislikes, could use more counter space for cooking, no extra chairs for guest, just two main chairs, sliding storage tray in main bay had screws sticking out the bottom. The storage bin for sink covers under sink does not work, they installed the drain pipe to close so they don't fit. Solar panel remote does not read correctly on panel.

Jim P.
pameridan04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 06:39 PM   #3
Fio

"Some dislikes, could use more counter space for cooking, no extra chairs for guest, just two main chairs, sliding storage tray in main bay had screws sticking out the bottom."

Did you check to see if you were supposed to receive 2 additional folding chairs? I thought they all came with 2 additional folding chairs. My 32SA did. I know the dealer or someone stole/misplaced the air pump for the sofa bed in my coach
Old 09-24-2021, 08:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pameridan04 View Post

Some dislikes, could use more counter space for cooking, no extra chairs for guest, just two main chairs, sliding storage tray in main bay had screws sticking out the bottom. The storage bin for sink covers under sink does not work, they installed the drain pipe to close so they don't fit. Solar panel remote does not read correctly on panel.

Jim P.

I just purchased a 33AA also. I have only had a chance to use mine a couple nights. the drive and handling is a huge improvement over the Hurricane 32' gasser I had.
I think Tiffin mounted the sink cover holder on the wrong side of the cabinet. Mine has the holder on the left and you can't get the covers in it. I think it is supposed to be on the right side of cabinet. I seen a video showing them storing the covers in a 33AA and theirs was on the right. I am going to try to move mine.
kenbo800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloHouse View Post
Not sure I would trust any manufacturer that chose to remove the MSRP from their website.
RVWandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #6

The AL is not the same as the AA. you will have no leveling jacks they use air bags to level, no electric step well cover, 4
340 HP instead of 360 and no ducted AC. I'm sure I missed some items.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVWandering View Post
Not sure I would trust any manufacturer that chose to remove the MSRP from their website.
MRSP is just a number someone makes up. Its not like anyone would ever pay anything close to that for a motorhome anyway
kenbo800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 07:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbo800 View Post
MRSP is just a number someone makes up. Its not like anyone would ever pay anything close to that for a motorhome anyway
Look at what folks were paying at Hershey? Entegra Cornerstone’s ON SALE for $20K below MSRP. $20K!!!!! General RV covering up their SHOW PRICE pre-made flyers selling at MSRP or above MSRP. And no, Manufacturers do NOT make up MSRP and it should be on all websites. The dealers make it up, but not the OEM.
RVWandering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:15 PM   #9

Just purchased. 2017 33AA and will two delivery next week. We currently have a 2027 Tiffin32SA and the first thing you notice is how much less stages the Red has. Ours also has a oven, so we lose two drawers for storage the KS Ed has a smaller storage space than we have now and basements storage is also smaller. But, there is more cabinet an overhead storage,, the closet is much bigger, and the bathroom is an ok size. It drives ice,has good power, and I will also be installing a Saf-T-Plus stabilizer also. The 33AA is a great layout for two people, but you do have to really think through what you need to store underneath due to space
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:24 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsupersonic View Post
The AL is not the same as the AA. you will have no leveling jacks they use air bags to level, no electric step well cover, 4
340 HP instead of 360 and no ducted AC. I'm sure I missed some items.

What do you mean "no ducted AC"? I have the 33AL and I have the round duct covers blowing AC all over the coach.
thegats1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 06:29 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
We currently have a 2027 Tiffin32SA
That had to be a great buy! It'll take you 7 years before you get smacked with that huge 1-year depreciation hit!
Old 09-26-2021, 10:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
That had to be a great buy! It'll take you 7 years before you get smacked with that huge 1-year depreciation hit!
I realize I am future oriented, but y fat finger picked 2027 off my iPhone. Gee, I feel foolish
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegats1 View Post
What do you mean "no ducted AC"? I have the 33AL and I have the round duct covers blowing AC all over the coach.
The 33AA does not have the 2 white AC intake covers on the ceiling they have a quiet air system that uses intake vents on one side of the ceiling and exhaust vents on the opposite side which keeps the noise level down quit a bit. If you look at the ceiling in a 33 AA it will look much different than the AL series.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #14

Hey Bud,
We have a 21 33AL, and had a 20 33AL. Make sure you get the HWH slides for the big slides. Some of the 20s had the Schwintech system which didn't work very well. I like the powerglide with air leveling, easy to use and works well. Drives good, very quiet, tows our Jeep just fine. No power stair well cover is correct, but at the price difference to the 33aa, seems fine to me.
Smitty54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, tiffin