Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2020, 02:47 PM   #57

Tiffin Owners Club
Sky's always falling

The Entegra Warranty is Still two years so I fail to see your Jayco comment.

How about everybody just sit back and see what happens eh? I see these threads on every forum I belong to. It gets weary how everybody is so negative with absolutely nothing to go on. Everyone is a know it all.

I notice that most of the Entera owners are saying they are happy with Thor since the take over, but those comments are being ignored because they don't fit the narrative..
TexasBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCZ View Post
First, love our 2020 Allegro RED 37BA.

But, I have to respectfully say, Tiffin quality has already gone downhill to a fair extent. I saw this with my own coach having 19 items that needed to be addressed before we would accept it. It even had to go back to the factory for much of the rework. Why would it ever have left with these issues? Someone had to do the shoddy work, and their own QC PDI allowed them to pass through.
UNACCEPTABLE.

And, many of our issues on our May 2020 purchase have been repeated on a number of other coaches as posted in several threads on here. So, these same issues continue. How many times, for example, do coaches have to be shipped with numerous wiring issues before someone gets a pink slip?

Sorry. But, just the facts.

My hope is THOR mostly leaves Tiffin alone, as you said, Customer Service is great. But, they need to clean house of the weaknesses that have eroded quality assembly and QC.
Well said... Thor might even be a huge improvement. Kind of like a wake up call to the people who 'work' at Tiffin.
Mr Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #59

Well, as an owner of a Grand Design product, I will say that their quality has noticeably gone downhill since Winnebago took them over. I've seldom seen these type of takeovers work to the advantage of their customers.
TheLex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:30 PM   #60

Good night Tiffin. Bob Tiffin needs to completely retire and enjoy the rest of his life. Great Man. I would have rather them sold it to anybody but Thor. Sad Sad Sad
Dennis123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:57 PM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
I wonder why Entegra sales increased after the Thor purchase? Some purchasers even came back from other brands, some are on their second Entegra purchases since the Thor purchase. I wonder if things changed for the better?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:58 PM   #62

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin Motorhomes Joins the THOR Industries Family
TIFFIN MOTORHOMES
DECEMBER 21, 2020
CLUB NEWS
Tiffin Social THOR FB 1200x630
Ownership of Tiffin has changed, but the Tiffin legacy and family involvement hasn't. Find information and FAQs here.
We are pleased to announce that we are joining the THOR Industries family, the global leader in RV manufacturing who owns motorhome brands such as Airstream, Jayco, and the ErwinHymer Group.

Three generations of the Tiffin family will continue to run the daily operations at our four locations — Red Bay, Winfield, Belmont, and Burnsville — as we continue to manufacture our distinct motorhomes. THOR Industries’ acquisition of Tiffin Motorhomes allows us to continue our long-term growth and enables Bob Tiffin and the Tiffin family to remain in control and involved in our business, running it the way they want to for longer. Watch this interview with Bob Tiffin to hear what he has to say about this move.

And how does the Tiffin family want to run their business? If you know Tiffin at all, you already know. The values that have made us distinct in the RV market since 1972 — our superior standards of motorhome craftsmanship and quality, customer service, and personal and corporate integrity — as well as the unique appearance of our coaches aren’t going anywhere.

Though many aspects of our business will not change, we do anticipate many positive developments under THOR Industries. To name a few, these include expanded innovation, access to capital for facilities and process improvements, and the ability to improve our focus on customer service. We couldn’t be more excited about our future!

As we look forward to what this next stage will mean for our company, we’re deeply grateful for you, our customers and fans, who have supported Tiffin for decades. It’s because of your dedication that we have had success in the past and have this unique opportunity for continued success before us. Thank you!

We realize you may have questions about what this development means, and we look forward to sharing any updates with you through our Facebook, Instagram, and emails. As a first resource, we have provided answers to questions you may have below. If you have additional questions, we have provided key contact information for you at the end of this blog.

Please note that Tiffin Motorhomes will be closed for the holidays from December 24, 2020, through January 3, 2021. We will do our best to respond to any questions you have, but please do expect delays as we give our valued employees time off to spend with their families.

THOR Industries Acquisition Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this mean Tiffin will be moving or closing facilities?
No, we are happy to say that no Tiffin Motorhomes facilities will be moving locations or closing due to our acquisition by THOR Industries.

Will this impact the current warranty policy I have on my Tiffin?
No changes to Tiffin’s warranty policies will occur related to this acquisition. Tiffin will continue to honor our best-in-class customer service and strive for continued manufacturing excellence for all current Tiffin Motorhome warranty holders.

Will I still be able to have my Tiffin serviced through Tiffin Motorhomes?
Yes, all Tiffin service operations will continue as they currently are. We will not be transferring our service operations to THOR Industries in any way. Class A service will still be handled in Red Bay, Alabama. Contact Class A service at 256-356-0261 or service@tiffinmotorhomes.com. Class C (Wayfarer) service will still be handled in Winfield, Alabama. Contact Class C service at 205-487-4710 or winfieldservice@tiffinmotorhomes.com.

Will this impact my upcoming service appointment in Winfield or how I book future service appointments in Winfield?
No standing service appointments in Winfield will be cancelled or changed due to this change in ownership, and we do not anticipate that this will impact the way in which service appointments are scheduled in Winfield. Please note that, per usual, we do not offer service appointments in Red Bay. Service in Red Bay remains on a first-come-first-serve basis. For more information on finding a service center or roadside assistance, please see the following contact information:

Class A Service Department: 256-356-0261 or service@tiffinmotorhomes.com

Class C (Wayfarer) Service Department: 205-487-4710 or winfieldservice@tiffinmotorhomes.com

To locate a Regional Service Center, click here

Emergency Class A and Class C Roadside Assistance: 877-483-0379

Are Bob Tiffin or other Tiffin family members leaving Tiffin Motorhomes?
No! The Tiffin family members — including Bob, Tim, Van, and others — will continue to be as involved as ever in the day-to-day business of Tiffin Motorhomes. They continue to be present on site at Tiffin facilities, overseeing daily operations. In fact, we anticipate that this transition of ownership will allow the Tiffin family to more fully concentrate on what they do best — building quality motorhomes that are made to move you.

Is THOR Industries the same as Thor Motor Coach?
No, THOR Industries and Thor Motor Coach are different entities. We’ve been acquired by THOR Industries, a global leader in RV manufacturing and an authority on the RV lifestyle that owns several motorhome brands such as Airstream, Jayco, and the ErwinHymer Group. Thor Motor Coach is one of the RV companies that THOR Industries owns. Each company within THOR Industries operates independently from the other THOR companies, so Tiffin will be run completely separate from Thor Motor Coach. Learn more about THOR Industries here: https://www.thorindustries.com/.

Will this impact how I order parts through Tiffin?
No changes will be made to how you can order parts for your Tiffin vehicle. Tiffin owners remain able to order Tiffin parts via our website, https://store.tiffinmotorhomes.com, or by calling us at the numbers listed below:

Class A vehicle parts: (256)-356-0261
Class C (Wayfarer) vehicle parts: (205)-487-4710

Will this impact the production and delivery of the Tiffin I have ordered?
This acquisition will not delay our estimated production and delivery timelines for any newly ordered motorhomes or any motorhomes currently in production. COVID-19 has resulted in supply chain issues across the RV industry, and at Tiffin we are challenged by that daily. Any production delays occurring now are due to COVID-19; the acquisition will not further delay production. We continue to work as quickly as possible while keeping our employees, customers, and communities safe during the pandemic. Thank you for your patience!

Will this impact how Tiffin’s vehicles are manufactured?
We will continue to manufacture motorhomes to the highest standards of quality, craftsmanship, and innovation, and we will continue to provide excellent customer service to our new and existing customers. We anticipate that joining the THOR Industries family of companies will provide many manufacturing benefits, including expanded innovation, access to capital for facilities and process improvements, and the ability to improve our focus on customer service.

Will this impact where Tiffin’s vehicles are manufactured or sold?
No immediate changes will be made to the locations of where Tiffin’s vehicles are currently manufactured or distributed. Our Tiffin headquarters will remain in Red Bay, Alabama, and our additional manufacturing facilities in Winfield, Alabama, and in Belmont and Burnsville, Mississippi, will remain open and operational. As we grow through our partnership with THOR Industries, we may eventually need to expand Tiffin’s manufacturing capacity, and so over time, we may potentially open additional facilities. We also hope to continue growing our relationships with dealers and to offer Tiffin motorhomes in new locations.

How will this impact any future Tiffin events or rallies?
No foreseeable changes will be made to how Tiffin events are organized or conducted; however, we are always aiming to improve our live-event experiences for Tiffin owners. Although we are continuing to adhere to precautionary measures related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are hopeful to soon be able to visit again with our customers and fans.

Will THOR share any data that I have willingly shared with Tiffin Motorhomes?
Even though we are a member of the THOR Industries family of companies, Tiffin owner and lead data is owned by Tiffin Motorhomes and will not be shared with any other THOR operating companies.

How do I get in touch with someone at Tiffin if I have any further questions?
Please use the contact information listed on our Contact Us page: https://tiffinmotorhomes.com/contact-us.

For quick reference, here are a few key contacts:

Main Tiffin Line / General Inquiries: (256) 356-8661, contact@tiffinmotorhomes.com

Red Bay, Alabama / Class A: (205) 356-0261, service@tiffinmotorhomes.com

Winfield, Alabama / Class C: (205) 487-4710, winfieldservice@tiffinmotorhomes.com

*Please note that Tiffin Motorhomes will be closed for the holidays from 12/24/20 - 1/3/21. Please expect delayed responses to your inquiries as our employees spend time at home with their families. We will do our best to respond to your calls and emails once we return in the new year. Thank you for your understanding!

Related Articles
Placeholder Image
Tractor16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:48 PM   #63

Maybe, just maybe, the Tiffin family wanted to cash out? So they take a different role in an organization. Bob Dylan just sold his song book for $100M. Could be a time in his and his family life that he was at the end of his line. Happens to everyone. Nothing wrong with that. Let's not bury the Tiffin brand just yet.
Ratpack71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:07 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor16 View Post
Is THOR Industries the same as Thor Motor Coach?
No, THOR Industries and Thor Motor Coach are different entities. We’ve been acquired by THOR Industries, a global leader in RV manufacturing and an authority on the RV lifestyle that owns several motorhome brands such as Airstream, Jayco, and the ErwinHymer Group. Thor Motor Coach is one of the RV companies that THOR Industries owns. Each company within THOR Industries operates independently from the other THOR companies, so Tiffin will be run completely separate from Thor Motor Coach.

This is a bit disingenuous. THOR industries owns both companies and they will both be governed but the same board of directors and report to the same management team at the holding company level. Although what Tiffin said is technically true, it's sort of like saying that Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac are not the same company. For all practical purposes they are. Just my take on the subject. Will it be good or bad for Tiffin customers? I have no idea, but it may reduce their costs due to the ability of Thor to purchase in larger quantities. It will be interesting.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #65

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbteam View Post
Life Experience - Corporate Merger & Acquisition - statements from both parties is always "great synergy" "take us to a new level" "nothing will change" ok been there, done that, not again. We purchased a 2019 DS over a newer to guarantee we were "pre NewBago"

I understand Winnebago pays their craftsman less than Newmar Craftsman. As nice as the Tiffin brand is, I'll bet Tiffin craftsman are paid more than Thor craftsman. I wish the Tiffin Employees all the best but M & A are typically painful for the employees as the new entity seeks to cut duplication.

I would guess all the other brands now feel there is a level playing feel and I'm sure they were tired of the fierce brand loyalty Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra owners exhibited.
The consolidation in the rv business is amazing. Pretty soon a few big corporations will own the entire segment.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pduggs View Post
The consolidation in the rv business is amazing. Pretty soon a few big corporations will own the entire segment.
That comes close to General Motors and Ford with all of their brands for US car manufactures.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #67

I'm glad to see the clutching of pearls and wringing of hands is still in fashion.

For the cash price of Tiffin, we could have assembled a syndicate of investors from the Class A forum and bought it. So why didn't we?

Well? Inquiring mind here....

/nudge, wink
Old 12-21-2020, 06:06 PM   #68

We are on our third Tiffin having recently purchased a 40 AH Bus. The good news is we have 3 years to see what the new acquisition brings to Tiffin before our next purchase. Hopefully this is a positive step for Tiffin and their loyal customers. If not then maybe it will be time for a move to Newmar.
Old 12-21-2020, 07:02 PM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I can add another plug for Entegra being solid even though they are owned by Thor. I would buy another one.

Tiffin family owned the business and had every tight to sell. No one can blame them for that. Good luck to them. They should be proud of what they built.

Wishing all Tiffin owners best of luck going forward.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #70

The comments up to this point are interesting.

Mr. Tiffin is 78 years old. He handed his successful company over to his kids years ago and the results were underwhelming, so he remains in leadership there. Their financials aren't great, and to continue in its current niche the company needs access to capital to be more competitive as well as to weather the normal industry bumps. According to his interview released by Tiffin, he has been looking for a buyer for a while. That's a smart businessman that cares about his employees and customers.

Contrary to a number of posts, Thor doesn't have a track record of wrecking the companies it acquires. Posting nonsense, like the one about Thor getting rid of Jayco's warranty is just that- nonsense. Ask yourself why Tiffin needs to sell their company. With all of their supposed stellar quality and service they aren't doing well financially, and at a time when the RV industry has been seeing reasonably good times. Regardless the high regard many hold for their product, they aren't getting MSRP for their coaches. I read loads of posts from folks saying they would gladly pay more for higher quality, but apparently not enough of you to make even one company solvent. It has been that way in this industry forever. Pretending that isn't the case is at best an invitation for disappointment.

You will be much better served in the future if companies like Entegra and Tiffin are owned by companies like Thor that can, over time, find ways to better manage cost while improving owner experiences. If doing that were easy, the RV industry would be ruled by Country Coach and Born Free, not by Thor and Rev Group. Sure, I'd love it if Mr. Tiffin's kids could have made Tiffin a Goliath in the industry but their market is what it is.

Like Entegra, Tiffin will be fine and Tiffin owners will be fine. I'm glad they found a way to keep a good brand alive, because the alternative would have been pretty awful.
SWGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, thor, tiffin