Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2020, 08:42 AM   #85

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnlo1949 View Post
I cannot find any posts on the Thor Owners forum about the purchase. Could someone post a link if they have it. We currently own a Newmar, but our first DP was a Tiffin. Just curious.
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...ily-24550.html
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2020, 09:29 AM   #86

Sad to see this. Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra, are the bands we are looking at. Sad to see Tiffin go to Thor. The have a horrible reputation. How long until they drag Tiffin down?
Old 12-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #87

Teamfoxy has a good post and exactly what I was thinking, even in this crazy double-digit record sales year, motor home sales "were still off about 8%". To me, if a mistake was made by Tiffin years ago it was that they didn't either buy a towable company or, develop the Tiffin name in towables too to take advantage of the growing number of millennials getting into the lifestyle. Not everyone could swing $175K and up to own a Tiffin motor home.

How many 26BH trailers did Jayco sell that possibly supported the production of high-end rigs like Entegra? I think Tiffin missed their chance when there was the last RV market crash in 2008 and beyond when there was a firesale of trailer companies available. Thor did this buying Jayco because Thor Motor Coach could not build a decent quality higher-end motor home for the life of them, so they bought the best production motor coach out there Entegra through Jayco. Problem solved. The same holds for Winnebago seeing the huge shift in the market to fifth wheels, instead of developing their own, they buy Grand Design, Ditto for Thor buying Keystone before that.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:38 AM   #88

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sad to see this. Tiffin, Newmar and Entegra, are the bands we are looking at. Sad to see Tiffin go to Thor. The have a horrible reputation. How long until they drag Tiffin down?
Conflicting statements. Thor has owned Entegra for 4 years. Quality has increased, so much so I sold my pre-Thor Entegra and purchased 2 new Thor owned Entegra's. Why 2?, I like the new floor plan changes that Entegra did not do.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #89

Although my Sportscoach is a Forest River product, I am No fan of Warren Buffet and Berkshire Hathaway! Buffet is a shark that swims the waters looking for the distressed company barely keeping its head above water, but has cash in the bank and great valuable assets. He'll use his good ol Uncle Warren demeanor to buy off politicians and make the public think he's a good guy while he ruthlessly will tear apart any obstacle that gets in his way.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 09:54 AM   #90

Tiffin Owners Club
SO SAD

This news was almost as bad as hearing that Whataburger sold out to a Chicago firm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What A Burger.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	312116  
cvretis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #91

Entegra Owners Club
Thor purchases Tiffin

[QUOTE=brobox;5567907]Conflicting statements. Thor has owned Entegra for 4 years. Quality has increased, so much so I sold my pre-Thor Entegra and purchased 2 new Thor owned Entegra's. Why 2?, I like the new floor plan changes that Entegra did not
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #92

Tiffin support

I had an issue with windows on my MH. Called Tiffin, asked for Bob, he answered. We talked for 5 min and he is making me right on my issue. Hopefully this will continue under the new owners also.
Phaeton4dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
In your research you may want to read through the posts before yours. Many of us own post Thor Entegras and have been happy with our purchases. We find that even after four years of Thor ownership the quality, customer service, and over coach experience to be top notch. Most of us are of the opinion that Entegra got BETTER after Thor. The vast majority of negative comments are from people who do not own an Entegra, which is the best example of a Thor owned company.

As far as Berkshire Hathaway being a possible suitor for Tiffin, keep in mind that Forest River went to Buffet in 2008 when it was quite likely the company was done and would go out of business. He bought the entire line of RV’s, Boats, and everything else for pennies on the dollar. I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to sell them with the RV market being so high at the moment.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeW View Post
The days of calling Bob directly and getting a free part for your out of warranty coach are going to come to a screeching halt, in my opinion. Nothing kills profits faster than giving out free stuff.
Maybe so but think of it as advertising.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #95

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Ask DRV owners what happened after THOR purchased them.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #96

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpm View Post
Ask DRV owners what happened after THOR purchased them.

So - what happened?
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 04:43 AM   #97

i'm new to tiffin, and new to rv ing...
but have bought 3 tiffins in very recent years... the primary reason i stuck with them was tiffin's reputation for service..

my first coach was a coachmen and the factory would not talk with me. nor email me...

this rep for good service and a friendly local town and factory are high values in my book.

i think thor is smart enough not to kill the golden goose. we'll see. and if they do, it will be a sad day... sad for me, as we'll probably "move up" and would like to do so with tiffin. i did not consider any other brand on tiffin 2 or tiffin 3... if there are negative changes, that brand loyalty will go away... simply said..
so, for me and mine, sticking to what we know.. unless what we know goes away!
rockriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 06:49 AM   #98

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyjt View Post
So - what happened?
jt
Also names, not a friends, brother in laws, Uncle.

Several Entegra owners have posted here, how good the Thor purchase has been. We still have Joyce, (your Bob Tiffin) that gets things done, Thor did not take her power away, they increased it. She is now in charge of not only Customer Service, but the warranty service department as well. Thor also increased the warranty service bays as sales continued to increase. Some nice improvements were made with the buy out.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchase, thor, tiffin