Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #1

Thoughts about the 2016 Allegro 32SA

Looking at the 2016 Allegro 32SA- It appears to meet all of our requirements ( 2 adults & 2 mini doxies). We are new RVers. We will not be full timers. Looks like an incredible coach. Any recommendations or advice appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
seaturtle
seaturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #2

We are in a 2012 32CA we bought used and are not full-timers either. I would look at the Residential Refrig as compared to the Electric/Gas that has been used for a long time now in rv's. In my opinion unless your full-time stay with the Electric/Gas, because it is more versatile. Four 6volt batteries for the Residential, but only two for the basic refrig. Good Luck, on finding the one you want. Dave
Old 08-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I don't know if the Sumo springs are an option or standard on the 2016 Tiffin's with the Ford chassis but I've heard they make a big difference in the handling.

Also the Safe-T-Plus steering.

You can find a lot of information on the Tiffin RV Network since most of the members are Tiffin owners.

Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #4

I sat thru a seminar by the Sumo Rep and I believe Tiffin is only offering them on the rear of the MH, but Sumo also has them for the front. If you think you want the Sumo's it's best to get as a factory option. I had a suspension system from rallysrus.com installed at the Tiffin Rally in Orlando back in March. Both systems have good and I haven't heard of anything bad about either one. Dave
Old 08-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #5

My wife and I agree with you completely. After looking at many types and makes of motorhomes for the last few years, we settled on the Tiffin Allegro 32SA. We like to think its not too big and not too small. We are heading up to Red Bay tomorrow to watch the build. Ours will be used during the summers and other times as well, but we're keeping our home in Houston as well. My wife and I want to get out of this heat/humidity combo during the summers now that we're retired.

Some of the options we went for, many of which have been recommended by more experienced folks on these forums, are :
Residential Refrigerator - a lot of folks recommend this over the propane/elec as a safety issue, in addition to possible better performance
SUMO springs - I believe Tiffin puts them front and rear, and lots of posts about enhancing ride
2000 watt inverter upgrade - I understand its a Magnum brand, great reviews, and more outlets are then battery powered than standard
7k generator - Not sure if this is necessary, but I figure if we want to run both A/C units and some other stuff at the same time off generator, it will be better than the 5.5
Drop down Bunk - manual, we've got grandkids, nuff said
Driver's Side Door - After reading about many problems with the locks on the entry door, I figure an alternate door is a good idea, plus being another fire exit
Fireplace - doubles as an electric heater
Anything else seems to be personal choices. Whatever you get, hope you enjoy it. We'll be first time RV owners, and plan on enjoying ours as much as possible.

Jim & Kathy
JimHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:14 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
As always... it is a matter of choice and trade-offs. We ordered our 2015 32CA last fall because of the floor plan and without the things we have learned we seldom use which translates to less weight, less $$, and more storage.

No outside TV, no satellite, no TV over the front, and the 5K generator which has been fine for both a/c units. The standard gas/electric fridge has also been fine for us. We got the jack knife couch instead of the blow-up mattress bed and did order the bedroom ceiling fan. After 6500 miles and a year with it, the only things I would have done differently would be to have roof vent covers put on by the dealer and ordered it with the fireplace. (although we use and value the extra storage by not getting it and do just fine with a small electric heater and/or the heat pump in the front a/c. We seldom use AC during travel so I leave the inverter on "charge only" all the time so the standard one is sufficient.

If your budget is tight.. after market add-ons to consider in your planning include: a Tire Pressure Management System, Magna Shade type front window cover, and the 5 Star Tune. We have found these all worth the $$. I did add a Steer Safe system and like it, but it is not a "must have" in retrospect.

This is our third RV and we have no regrets.
Calliedo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
We used to have an Open Road (32CA) but gave it up for a Phaeton when we went fulltime. However, the Open Roads now have more "goodies" to chose from than we had when we had one.

So here's my suggestions:

1) Get the largest A/C unit(s) with heat pumps that you can (that will also mean getting the 7000 kw generator)
2) Get the residential refrigerator. Nothing better than cold foods and beverages. The gas adsorption fridges don't work very well in high temps and are a potential safety hazard.
3) Get the Sumo spring option. Might as well as it is going to be better than adding something later if you don't like the way it handles.
4) Don't know what your TV viewing habits are but we have only two TVs. We did have our coach pre-wired for a Winegard Trav'ler and had that installed at our dealer upon delivery. I wouldn't get the dome (don't need it if you get a Trav'ler).

Dealer installed stuff: Trav'ler, Progressive Industries HW-50C EMS system (surge supression and electrical management all in one).

Stuff you can install: 5 Star Tune (you can add this anytime) and you might want to drive the coach for a while before you add it.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #8

We ordered our 31SA in December, and picked it up in March. It is our first RV, and could not be happier with our decision. I still can't image driving a 40+ footer......

So far, 4500 miles, 6 trips, 68 nights/78 days of RV living. Just returned yesterday from a month long adventure. Two more trips on the calendar for this year, and about 50 more days on the road. And working through the details on an extended trip for 2016.

Initially I though we would save money by ordering just what we wanted, I proably ended up with one of the most expensive 31SAs on the road. I think the only options we did not get were the driver's door and the oven (got the microwave/convection oven), Incljding upgrade to the 24K chassis (standard on the 32SA), Sumo springs, and pre-wired for a Traveler which we had our dealer install.

Some thoughts on a few of the options we have:
Outdoor TV - it was a must have for me
Front TV - threw it in at the end, and we actually use it quite a bit
Fireplace - nice to warm up the coach on a cool morning
Residential fridge - love it (requested bottom freezer since my wife is "vertically challenged")
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote