Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Tiffin Allegro Breeze

I am considering the purchase of a 2015 or 2016 32'Allegro Breeze.
I am very interested in hearing from actual owners of the 2012 thru 2015 Breeze owners.

The coach seems to be a perfect size for my lifestyle and I can still get it in my 12' garage door as well. I would use the coach in Florida about 6 months out of the year and go back to my permanent residence for the other 6 months, making shorter trips while at home.

I understand there were problems with dust entering the coach in certain years, with steering problems in certain years, and I am not certain about other issues.

Would you buy the residential refrigerator?

Any owners who can help by saying good or bad things about their Breeze would be appreciated, or if you could give me the link to a good forum to read up on this subject.

I also would like opinions on the tiny 240 HP international Navistar engine. Is it adequate in the mountains? Is it underpowered? Maintenance issues? Mileage or fuel consumption.

What would you like to see improved? What do you really like about it?
Is the kitchen space adequate?

Which dealer did you go through and what kind of discount can one expect from list?

If you had to have your unit serviced, did you have good luck at the dealer or use the factory?

From some things I have read about Tiffin, it seems about a 50-50 split between people who swear by Tiffin and those who swear at Tiffin.

Sure would like your opinions, even if you own a Tiffin other than the Breeze.

Thank you.
beaunaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2015, 08:31 AM   #2

New Breeze

I am also in the market for a new Breeze, same reasons as you. I am awaiting the release of information regarding the new Breeze. From what I have learned from the grapevine, it will have a new Cummings V-8 with over 300 HP, redesign of the coach itself, plus some added items. I am holding off on the purchase till the new release which should be in the next few weeks. I would wait for the new one (2016)before purchasing a 2015, if I were you. If when the 2016 comes out and there is something your really don't like you can always find '15 somewhere, at a deep discounted price. I am sure there will be a run on the '16 by people who have to have the newest and latest motorhomes.
PaulE253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #3

Lots of good information here....

A Part of the TiffinRVNetwork • Index page

2012 Tiffin
Allegro RED 34QFA.....SOLD!
bmurph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

The Cummins motor has more hp but at a higher RPM and lower torque. Hope this isn't the final actual motor
zzzoooose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzoooose View Post
The Cummins motor has more hp but at a higher RPM and lower torque. Hope this isn't the final actual motor
You seem to know a lot about an engine that hasn't even been released yet. And since we don't know which transmission this is paired with or the actual performance in the coach, how about sharing what is so bad about a new Cummins engine.

BTW, Tiffin had a dealers meeting earlier this week and I'm sure the 2016 Breeze was introduced to the dealer network.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:56 AM   #6

Tiffin Allegro Breeze

If you look at the Cummins site you'll see that they have several power outputs for the 5.0. All are at a higher RPM than the current powerplant. I'm hoping Tiffin chooses the most HO/Torque. Until it's announced, it's all guessing.
zzzoooose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #7

Are you still looking at the Tiffin Breeze? I have a 2014 and can give you some insight
dagw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:38 AM   #8

Made a purchase

I purchased a 2013 Breeze 32BR from a local dealer. So far so good. The dealer was not much help since he is not a Tiffin dealer and did not know a thing about some of the systems. I was lucky enough to find the previous owner's information and I give him a call to update me on the maintenance of the vehicle. The owner had spent a little extra money for the MH and put in some nice options. The only problem I had was the front windshield sun shade does not retract, so I had to roll it up and tie it in the up position till I can fix it. The other thing I am trying to figure out is how to sanitize the water system. I would like to flush out the MH fresh water tank and all pipes. But I have received so much conflicting information that I have hesitated doing it. I ran across items that I have no idea what they are, such as a second red light on the dashboard (beside the air lift light) and also a switch on the right side of the switch panel that is blank, but I looked under the dash and the electrical plug going to it is pulled out. The manuals (Tiffin's) that come with the MH are so general that they are of little use in finding out what the operation or function of a item is. I have asked a lot of question on line and most have been answered. If I run across something I don't understand I will contact you for some advise, if that's ok?
PaulE253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:46 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
PaulE,
Your best bet is to join the Tiffin RV Network - Tiffin owners who can help you with the tons of questions you may have. In fact, look for the RV Tech Library link and you will get the correct procedures for sanitizing your water system.

The red light/switch is your mirror heater switch, BTW. Plug it back in.

You always have Tiffin Service. They also can answer your questions.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin