Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2021, 10:16 AM   #1

Exclamation Tiffin Allegro Issue

I now own a 35 foot Tiffin Alkegro. Had been working fine until recently the ring tone as I turn on the ignition no longer rings. Since that has happened my passenger slide outs, canopy, camera on dash, ac on dash, and side mirrors no longer work as well. Any ideas before I take into shop?
Dtrahan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hopefully someone familiar with your rig can help.

I would suggest that you create a signature showing the make and model of your RV. It will help folks to answer questions you may have in the future.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Agree with previous post. Add the information in your signature. It helps others identify your problem.
It sounds like you are not getting power to several component systems.
In the compartment on the DS under the driver seat should be the fuses and breakers for the systems that are not working..there should be a decal on the wall of door or a sheet of paper in plastic identifying the location of the particular fuses you need to check.
If the fuses/ breakers check out ok, I would suspect a loose wire under the dash.
garykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:10 AM   #4

Thank you sir. I will check those, but I have not seen any compartment under the drivers seat. I have found breakers and fuses in a small cabinet in the bedroom under the closets. Those breakers were not tripped nor did I find any burnt fuses. Thank you very much for your reply. I am going to look now.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrahan22 View Post
Thank you sir. I will check those, but I have not seen any compartment under the drivers seat. I have found breakers and fuses in a small cabinet in the bedroom under the closets. Those breakers were not tripped nor did I find any burnt fuses. Thank you very much for your reply. I am going to look now.
I suspect you may have a gas coach, but the more detailed information you can provide about your coach the better chance you'll have of receiving some possible solutions.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:29 AM   #6

Is the salesman switch on?
Wrapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrapped View Post
Is the salesman switch on?
It would be real helpful to everyone if you could post the year, make and model of your Allegro, please. As mentioned it could be the coach/salesman switch along with the chassis power switch in most cases are on the left side of the steps as you walk into the coach. In my experience they're usually light if they are on. Now not knowing your coach info so I'll relate to mine but the outside storage bay under the drivers side has resettable breakers so if you have the same check it them out if they are out usually means something caused them to pop. If you reset one or more and they pop out again then something else is wrong. You'll probably have additional breakers inside you coach and also near the batteries. I've attached a pic of what mine look like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200530_182547.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	320084  
dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:38 AM   #8

What and where is the salesman switch?
Old 03-05-2021, 06:52 AM   #9

Thank you again sir! You are correct. I have a gas 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35 foot Motorhome. I am attempting to add that information to my signature but I have not figured out how to do that. I have found small breakers and fuses in the bedroom at the rear of the Motorhome, but those were not tripped and fuses appear to be in order. Your assistance is very appreciated.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:05 AM   #10

Tiffin Allegro Open Road (Gas) Motorhome Issue.

Quote:
I now own a 35 foot Tiffin Alkegro. Had been working fine until recently the ring tone as I turn on the ignition no longer rings. Since that has happened my passenger slide outs, canopy, camera on dash, ac on dash, and side mirrors no longer work as well. Any ideas before I take into shop?
Dtrahan22
2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road
Gas Engine, 35’
Old 03-05-2021, 07:14 AM   #11

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Thank you again sir! You are correct. I have a gas 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 35 foot Motorhome. I am attempting to add that information to my signature but I have not figured out how to do that. I have found small breakers and fuses in the bedroom at the rear of the Motorhome, but those were not tripped and fuses appear to be in order. Your assistance is very appreciated.
The bedroom boxes are house fuses. Your problem is in the battery control center. BCC. It is probably under the hood. If not in the BCC check the ford fuses. They are on the firewall by your left foot.
Old 03-05-2021, 07:16 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Have you checked your batteries? You have an engine battery (up front under the "hood") and at least two house batteries accessible under the top entry stair. Everything needs 12V to operate in a motorhome so start there.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:24 AM   #13

Thank you and yes. I actually have very recently install 2 new house batteries, and I also checked them with a multi-meter to ensure they were both charging and charging. Multi-metered showed just under 14 volts for the 2 batteries in series, so think we are good there. Thanks a bunch for your reply...
Old 03-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #14

Does it start?

This is gonna get way above my pay grade real quick, but here's a couple of lessons I learned the hard way --

Check your battery terminals. Make sure they are clean and tight. If it's the screw in type, make sure it's not stripped. (That happened on my old rig, some gorilla put the batteries in and the thing was held on by like two threads. All kind of electrical gremlins)

Also check your ground, make sure that's clean and tight. Where it's attached to the frame it's not uncommon to get a lot of crud and corrosion. Wire brush it till it squeals for mercy.

I'd consider putting some dielectric grease on all those things while you're at it.

Tags
allegro, tiffin