Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Tiffin Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomclaug View Post
DA Brooks.. Where did you buy the PUMP ON switches? I have the same complaint.
I would like to know as well where you purchased the switches....
jmetter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-28-2015, 01:43 PM   #58

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggyval View Post
Hi everyone!!! I'm brand new to this forum and I would like to hear your opinions on the Allegro 35 QBA (Open Road bunkhouse model). It seems that the dealers can't keep these in stock. Are they flying off the "shelves"? What do you like about it? Are there things you think need improving? I'm considering this unit in the future. I'd love to hear your opinions. Thank you in advance for your information.
Hi Iggyval

We special ordered a 2015 QBA in the spring of 2015. We have enjoyed it very much and have had minimal problems which have been handled by the dealer.

We are about ready to put it on RV trader and Craig's list as we want to get a larger RV. We will not be going full time but we plan on spending extended time on the road and would enjoy the full time comfort of a diesel pusher.

When we bought the QBA, we just didn't know how much we would be enjoying RVing.....We know that now. .

If you have an interest in looking at ours, please email me at jbron25553@aol.com.

Thanks

John
jcbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:44 PM   #59

Tiffin Owners Club
It shouldn't be held down by screws. The top tread is heavy and once you release the clip on the front you can lift the front edge up and pull the top tread off.
I did not purchase switches I just installed LEDs in the switch plate cover.
dabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:32 AM   #60

Thanks to you both.
I found the problem. The mastic used to secure the rubber lip on the second step had dripped down and filled the gap between the step top and the battery case. Kind of glued it in place. Once I managed to get the plywood top off, I gently pried the metal top to the battery box off and Voila !
2 6V batteries as you mentioned. Cells were dry as Death Valley. No wonder they wouldn't hold a charge. Filled the cells with distilled water and charged the batteries.
Cycling them now to see if that still actually hold a charge.
Lion54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:19 AM   #61

OK all you QBA lovers. I love mine also, but anybody know where the AV splitter is?? looked behind the front TV, not there.
Want to add a wireless or wired HDMI for an outside TV (yea, mine is an 09 without the factory outside TV).

Thanks,

Milton
Steeler34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler34 View Post
OK all you QBA lovers. I love mine also, but anybody know where the AV splitter is?? looked behind the front TV, not there.
Want to add a wireless or wired HDMI for an outside TV (yea, mine is an 09 without the factory outside TV).

Thanks,

Milton
Milton,

On my 2011 it's closer to the passenger side but still behind the front TV. I had the HDMI splitter go out and had to pull the front TV to get to it. I found the RGB splitter while digging around and trying to clean up some of the wiring mess. I added another HDMI splitter to the drivers side upper compartment so I could add a Fire Stick. I just switch between the DVD or Fire Stick now.

I'd recommend using a wireless HDMI device to get truly portable with the TV. I have a friend that bought one of these and really likes it.
Monoprice 5.8Ghz Wireless Audio /Video Transmitter

Good luck!!
Old 10-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #63

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler34 View Post

Thanks,

Milton
Steeler, try looking under the bottom bunk on the floor. That's where all my splitters, HDMIs, cat cables, fans are in my qba.

Good luck, keep us informed...
billyboy

ps: steelers fan?
billyboy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #64

I am selling my 2015 Tiffin QBA. If anyone would like some information please respond. I will be listing it on Craig's List and RV trader. Also, wondering if anyone has suggestions on their successes on selling their RV using either of these (or any other way).

Thanks for any help or guidance.

John Bronson
jcbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 08:07 AM   #65

Still own 35QBA

I’ve owned my 2011 QBA since early 2013 and still love it. I know I am sending out to an old thread but who still owns a 35QBA? What mods have you done. I have done a lot to the suspension and can drive this in a wind storm with little to no problems. Also removed bunk and installed washer and dryer, this was a game changer for us keeping the rig. Have over 40k and still loving the RV life style…

Rick
Rikmac111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 10:16 AM   #66

Still have mine straight from factory in March 2014. Its been stolen, recovered, had a tire blowout, few mods but has been super reliable. Little stink coming from the bathroom I have to figure out but all in all love my floorplan. Brought it back home to Tiffin in Red Bay this year for AC repair and some fixes. Taking it to a tailgate tomorrow. Will keep her till my next motorhome. Took her 3000 miles this summer on rollercoaster trip with the kids. Summer 2024 will be our last big trip with her out West I think as the kids are older and the bunks are getting smaller..lol My kids got to grow up in ours since they were 4 and 5 and we have so many family memories with her. I have an extra septic and power hookups for her at my house and my folks and friends can live in her as we need. Replaced Michelins with Toyos and seems fine. Generator had rods broke had that fixed. Dash AC had to be fixed - drove to red bay just for that - new front AC on top. Luckily ive never driven a diesel so I have been fine with bouncy suspension. Tore the awning of it and had that repaired. Fixed 4 slide motors myself. Had to replace hwh system second year but covered under warranty. Keep her lubed and change oil and genny myself on schedule. After 8 years cant complain. Looking for 12 more out of her!!
stoyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 06:24 PM   #67

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikmac111 View Post
I’ve owned my 2011 QBA since early 2013 and still love it. I know I am sending out to an old thread but who still owns a 35QBA? What mods have you done. I have done a lot to the suspension and can drive this in a wind storm with little to no problems. Also removed bunk and installed washer and dryer, this was a game changer for us keeping the rig. Have over 40k and still loving the RV life style…

Rick

Do you have pictures of the washer installation? I’m looking at a QBA and like the floor plan but have no use for the bunks.
What is the carrying capacity of this model? Is a 22k chassis big enough?
Thanks
Jake
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #68

I will not be in the RV until the 4th of December and can get pictures for you at that time. Just to let you know I did have to drill out slide on bunk side of coach to install drier vent and water supply hose. I do have the 22k chassis and have had the unit weighted and it is still in the range of being good but we don’t carry a lot of extra stuff…

This mod has been a game changer for us. We love the washer and dryer because not as many cloths to tote around. I will get out some pics after…

Thanks for the inquiry
Rick
Rikmac111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:09 PM   #69

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks. I got a picture of the OCCC sticker and it says there is 2651 lb of stuff I can carry.
As I understand it, fuel is part of the ULVW and not part of the OCCC.
That leaves about 1937 lb. for the
people, dog, food, and junk with a full tank of water. (714 lb)
Does that sound about right or am I missing something?
gimblerotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 07:48 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggyval View Post
Hi everyone!!! I'm brand new to this forum and I would like to hear your opinions on the Allegro 35 QBA (Open Road bunkhouse model). It seems that the dealers can't keep these in stock. Are they flying off the "shelves"? What do you like about it? Are there things you think need improving? I'm considering this unit in the future. I'd love to hear your opinions. Thank you in advance for your information.
We have a 2013 QBA and love it. Yes the refig. is a bit small but we put a 12v portable (refrig/freezer) underneath and it works great. We added Sumo springs to our 24,000 chassis and over the years have added many enhancements. We're 77 and still love the QBA. We shelped grandkids all over the country. Now we use the bunk primarily for storage. The Sumo springs made a huge difference.
jem35qba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin